JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amazing to me how out of touch with their customer base Benchmade happens to be. How dense do you have to be to not know that likely a large majority of your business comes from gun owners?

I've always wanted to try and split a bullet with a knife.

Looks like my Griptillion got nominated.

I'll send the remains back to BM with a do not resuscitate tag on it and a picture of a certain type of bird.

:eek:

Might be more effective if you split the KNIFE with the bullet? :s0112:

Okay, I wasn't going to say it, but does the CEO of Benchmade look like a stuck-up, arrogant prick? Is that just me?
I'm thinking lots of companies have out of touch owners. I've worked for a couple myself.

The fact he is involved shows the fear BM has towards the subject at hand.

Amazing to me how out of touch with their customer base Benchmade happens to be. How dense do you have to be to not know that likely a large majority of your business comes from gun owners?

This is what gets me shaking my head. Gun Co's are not immune to this either. When they do something incredibly stupid I find myself asking "how could you not see what would happen here?". Remember Ruger Sr and how he had to throw a million at the NRA when he stepped on his member. Or that moron who had the dream job, getting paid to hunt and write about it. Ran his yap about "guns made only to kill people" and then after he lost his job tried to do just what this guy from Benchmade is doing. It was over for him and his dream job. Again that he made that stupid statement showed me how out of touch he was. Bad enough he felt that way but then he felt compelled to say it out loud?

Not to mention the video was heavily edited. The PR guys must have had a hard time filtering the owners words to make something good of what he said.

This is going to be unpopular on this forum but yes, they donate to him, and that sucks for the 2A supporters, but from their point of view they are donating to the politician that has the most pull in their district. Wyden has a lot of influence in Oregon so it makes sense for them to appeal to him for their business.

There is no financial reason to donate the the Republican candidate in their district as there isn't one. This whole story has blown up to silly proportions. They are a business supporting their employees and community. They don't make guns and have other priorities than the 2nd amendment. it may have been unfortunate for them that helping to destroy the guns was posted, but they really did not do anything to deserve the backlash.

They just pulled a ridiculously stupid move that then brought people to the realization that they supported Anti American Democrats. So yes, they certainly did plenty to deserve this.

I just sold one of my Benchmades this week and the last one will be going soon.

Funny story I worked for BM for awhile ( 3 years ). At my last review they said Mr Velzey, you were late twice in 6 months. 3 minutes and 7 minutes. They said we are sorry to say but we are taking your raise and cutting it in half. So instead of getting 30 cents they gave me a hefty 15 cent raise.
Yeah I was late twice, I was driving from Renton to Oregon City quite a few mornings. At the time I was courting my now wife :).
Needless to say I told them to keep the 15 cents and shove it up their bubblegum.
Backed my truck up to the door and loaded my toolboxes up.

Last Edited:
I understand that the actions taken by Benchmade , has angered many and caused:
"A grave disturbance in the Force"....:D

Lets try an keep all the comments civil and appropriate for our forum...thank you.
Andy

Funny story I worked for BM for awhile ( 3 years ). At my last review they said Mr Velzey, you were late twice in 6 months. 3 minutes and 7 minutes. They said we are sorry to say but we are taking your raise and cutting it in half. So instead of getting 30 cents they gave me a hefty 15 cent raise.
Yeah I was late twice, I was driving from Renton to Oregon City quite a few mornings. At the time I was courting my now wife :).
Needless to say I told them to keep the 15 cents and shove it up their bubblegum.
Backed my truck up to the door and loaded my toolboxes up.

Reminds me of a guy I knew that worked there when I was working next door. He had recently left the Marines and was working for BM. Unfortunately he had testicular cancer and was about to have surgery but BM told him if he took the time off for surgery he wouldn't have a job when he came back. He quit and came to work with us next door which is how I met him.

Still waiting for an explanation why they are donating money to people who do not support our rights. Thinking I will be waiting for a long time...

So according to BM if I drive to WA from OR with a knife I'm breaking the law?

Are these laws enforced?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top