JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
as long as they stay in Georgia
it would be upsetting to hear of such a crowd coming across the Interstate Bridge
the George Floyd riots in Portland had up to 8,000, but they stayed in Portland

Ferals being feral.

I am absolutely shocked that this strategy (below) did not work. SHOCKED I tell you! I would bet money that they forgot to post the, "No Guns Allowed" signs. I'm CERTAIN that had the signs been up this NEVER would have happened!

However, given this mentality, it doesn't surprise me that there are clearly no metal detectors at the park. Anyone want to bet that will be changing immediately? :rolleyes:

Every guest is expected to follow our strict code of conduct and anyone unwilling to follow that code of conduct is unwelcome.

Ferals being feral.

I am absolutely shocked that this strategy (below) did not work. SHOCKED I tell you! I would bet money that they forgot to post the, "No Guns Allowed" signs. I'm CERTAIN that had the signs been up this NEVER would have happened!

However, given this mentality, it doesn't surprise me that there are clearly no metal detectors at the park. Anyone want to bet that will be changing immediately? :rolleyes:
but a 15 year old was carrying a handgun - how can this happen?
common sense gun laws prohibit a 15 year old from purchasing and carrying such an item
and all the young people in Atlanta obey Liberal gun laws - the same as Kansas City

Ferals being feral.

Six Flags park officials responded saying: "A few years ago we moved from manual bag checks to Evolv, an advanced security screen system that represents hands off screening technology to detect metals or any other unauthorized objects."

There is currently no peer-reviewed research showing that AI gun detection is effective at preventing shootings, and Evolv has offered little evidence supporting claims of its system's effectiveness in meeting these objectives. Schools have also encountered problems with the scanners confusing laptops and other everyday items with guns.
But the documents obtained by Motherboard provide a more detailed look into how Evolv scanners are actually deployed and the problems they actually face. On the ground, the reality of deploying Evolv scanners is very different than marketing materials suggest. Some school administrators are reporting that the scanners have caused "chaos"—failing to detect common handguns at commonly-used sensitivity settings, mistaking everyday school items for deadly weapons, and failing to deliver on the company's promise of frictionless school security.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top