JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago I had too many. I bought stuff on impulse (still do, but I think it over first. Is that a thing?) and ended up with some low level junk.
The less stellar pieces have gone away and every gun I own now is a keeper, even if it rarely comes out. I've thought about selling some, but I can't think of any that I can sacrifice. Not all are top-tier operator stuff, just quality arms that would be too expensive to replace if I had second thoughts.

How many is enough? Til you get tired of acquiring them, I guess.

Beware of the man with only one gun.

He may know how to use it.

derft.jpg

I get asked all the time by non-gun-owners, "So...how many guns do you have?" My answer has always been "Less than I want, more than I need." I'd have a similar answer to the OPs question.

I am still trying to find a couple of special purpose guns. A "monster under the bed" gun and a "closet monster" gun. I suppose I will have to keep buying until I find the right ones.

So how many guns are enough? Is it 10, 20 , 30 50? I have never believed in a number that says you have enough. What I run into into is I shoot the same ones all the time. The others just sit around and get reoiled from time to time. I like having the options of others but they never seem to make it to the range. Just wondering how many others run into this. It doesn't cross my mind to get rid of any either.
I'm a minimalist, so my answer is probably 4.
Centerfire Rifle, Shotgun, Centerfire handgun and something in .22 RF.
If I could, I'd roll those all up into one gun with interchangeable barrels, like the H&R's used to be able to do (except for the handgun, of course).

Dean

Except for my recent acquisition of the black powder revolver, (Pietta 1851 Colt Navy in 36 cal) I've had the same few guns for years and I think that is enough. I don't want to get to the point where it becomes a 'collection that needs protection,' if that makes any sense. They work, and are mostly old-school stuff I picked up years ago. All have good memories. I don't need any more guns right now.

Nice 22 tube loader with a scope that dials up to 16 power. I call it the Crow Killer because I knocked off a crow with it at over 200 yards because he was dumb enough to keep sitting still on that tree branch. I had to make adjustments along the way. Boy, was he stupid.

Old single-shot shotgun I used to nail (yes, I hate crows) two crows flying through a canyon down below my campsite. Two shells in my hand, one in the gun. BANG. Got the lead crow. Quick break-open and reload. BANG. Missed his buddy. BANG. Got the second one from long range by leading him more than normal. He flew right into the pattern. One of my best anti-crow days.

Mr Reliable: Smith and Wesson Model 4506. Bought it from a retired cop.

Ruger MK-2 for plinking when I'm bored out camping.

Winchester 30/30, NOT pre-64. It cycles, it works. It has brought home the meat occasionally. For now, I guess that is enough.

bobpic1.jpg

Gotta have some for SHTF. Gotta have some WWII history pieces. Gotta have some cowboy revolvers and lever action. Gotta have a few hand cannons. Gotta have .50BMG in case terrorists roll up on pickup trucks. Gotta have .22 for training the kids. Gotta have a few 1911s. Gotta have 10mm. Gotta have a few options for carry. Gotta have some for hunting. . . .

I don't think this guy ever found out how many was enough.

Anderson Cooper: "is it even legal for someone to have that many guns?"

Is he seriously that stupid?

I wish they had given the ammo in rounds rather than pounds.

And finally LAPD "seized" the weapons and ammo... So dramatic.

I think he was stocked up to be a SHTF gun dealer. :eek:

Anderson Cooper: "is it even legal for someone to have that many guns?"

Is he seriously that stupid?

I wish they had given the ammo in rounds rather than pounds.

And finally LAPD "seized" the weapons and ammo... So dramatic.

I think he was stocked up to be a SHTF gun dealer. :eek:
Andy is seriously that stupid. I wonder if the firearms put up a fight during the seizure (because you know guns kill all by themselves).:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top