JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had 3 of them, and still have one. Neat rifles for sure but not without their quirks/issues. To be fair, I believe these issues more relate to the ones sold here in the US rather than the original design. Look up the "vz.58 trigger gremlin" for example. There are multiple YouTube videos about why it happens and how to fix it, but in short… the fire control groups on these tend to fail after light/moderate use.

The Century-built guns also do sometimes suffer from typical Century quality control… for example being so overgassed that certain loads of ammo will smash the piston spring to pieces with use.

Other than that, cool rifles, although a bit niche… with nowhere near the mag availability or aftermarket support as something like an AKM variant.

In terms of value, last I've seen (maybe about a year ago), Century builds are going for like the 850-950 range, and for some of the higher-quality manufacturers that make them more correctly (Czech Small Arms, Southern Tactical) in the low to mid 1000's.

The Czechs are an independent people and it shows in the design of the VZ58 and its deviation from the AK design.
The Russian people need Czech-like courage right now.
They probably didn't want to pay the Ruskies royalties. The Poles did the same thing with their AK variants and altered them just enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top