JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So cleaning out my stuff at my grandpas lower shed I stumbled across a gun I had long forgotten I picked up back in maybe 2013. Was in a gun case padlocked up, buried under piles of truck parts. I haven't been in that shed since around 2014. Anyway, inside was a vz58 folder with two mags. I noticed the mags are different from standard ak. Anyone on our lovely forum know much about these things? There's not a ton online about em. Tried looking up pricing online but it seems like it's all over the place. I had the paperwork from purchase back then(690.00). Bottom one!

IMG_1343.jpeg

VZ58 using a proprietary magazine. There are 10 round options. You can also cut down or have someone cut down a standard capacity magazine to only acommodate 10 rounds. This was done with many regular ak mags during import magazine size restrictions.

VZ58 using a proprietary magazine. There are 10 round options. You can also cut down or have someone cut down a standard capacity magazine to only acommodate 10 rounds. This was done with many regular ak mags during import magazine size restrictions.
Keep the standard capacity magazines as is.
You don't have to cut them down in WA.
Just can't buy any more or transfer any legally.

VZ58 Mag prices spiked but then came back down, seen some as low as $20 again.. I have found a few deals on them lately.

Also, AC unity makes polymer mags for them now, so it's quite the affordable option.

Robert RTG
Gunmagwarehouse

Try those^

Nice find.

I've owned a couple of these, Century and Czechpoint. Both shot about the same, except the latter costs $1000 more. These carbines are smaller and lighter than an AKM. Milled receiver, short stroke piston like an SKS. Aluminum magazines. Probably the most unusual thing about them is they are striker fired. The trigger is a little bit spongy IIRC.

It's a cool piece to have if you collect Cold War small arms.

I recently read that whenever a vz58 pops up on a forum the person that makes the 13th comment is then the legal owner.

Soooooo... let me know where you want to meet for me to pickup. Thanks!!!

Jokes aside... super rad find!

Seems I remember them being more like improved SKS/short stroke guns? They don't share AK parts at all.
recently read a sci-fi time travel story where a guy goes back in time with a bunch of AKs for Washington's army, but gives a Recon group of 7 people some VZ-58s and bolt action sniper rifles. He also gave them Beretta APXs in .380 with suppressors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top