JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1667185841443.png

How many hands do you have?

Hummmm........

BUT, But, but......I could probably arm the neighbors too (in an emergency). Rrrrright......without a BGC, FFL/Govt approval? OK, Ok, ok........SO SORRY.

Aloha, Mark

Sadly more now that at any time in my life. The damn laws they passed with the hoax that it would keep people "safe" of course do nothing to slow criminals down. Sure put a damper on me though. Had to finally buy another damn safe. Back when I could buy and sell to play with different things normally had a handful of hand guns and always a couple rifles. It was fun to be able to sell one to try some new toy since never really lost money. Now? Its either take a big hit on the money or jump through way too many hoops to try to get the money back out so selling went away. Also puts a damper on buying new stuff since I am basically stuck with it now. Really a bummer but, keeps me from having to tell Wife another gun just followed me home all the time :s0140:

How many hands do you have?

Hummmm........

BUT, But, but......I could probably arm the neighbors too (in an emergency). Rrrrright......without a BGC, FFL/Govt approval? OK, Ok, ok........SO SORRY.

Aloha, Mark
The magic phrase: As you hand each neighbor a rifle, you must say "You're over 18, right? And just remember, if anyone asks you who you got it from, my name is Raz from the CHAZ."

With that, you are good to go, in fact, you can even have videos posted of the transfers without fear of AFT. *

* Disclaimer: This advice, like most you read on the internut, might require a grain of salt for flavor.

Im a collector, not a hunter. I binge and purge. Buy a bunch, play with them and then sell them off. I honestly don't know how many I currently own.

People own guns for different reasons. Collectors gonna collect, preppers gonna prep. There is no magic number. My rough rule is all my guns need to have some ammo on hand and be functional. If I get to the point where I am physically unable to acquire ammo for my guns and keep them in working order, that would be a good time for me to consolidate calibers, sell my less-used guns, and pump the brakes on new acquisitions...

...or hire someone to help maintain them so I can get more! :D

Well, I was always taught that two is one and one is none... so... the way my mind remembers that best is "210". I'm not even close....yet. 😞

It really depends on your needs, SD plan and your means. Do you only carry 100% of the time or do you also have/rely on "stash" guns, too(?) Do you plan on SD only or is hunting a part of your life(?).

As I've gotten older, I've also incorporated 1 handgun and 1 SD longgun for each family member into my plan... and the more time that passes... you have to start considering the generation to follow (grandchildren). They might not all be able to make it to their own stashes in a SHTF situation so that works into the 2 is 1 plan. For the next generation... it's something I want to pass on to them that they may not have the opportunity to own, otherwise.

IOW... I have all the self justification I need to keep going.🤣

YMMV

Jettisoned a bit in recent years, strongly considering a couple more, then, meh, just let it be; wrap up last projects, then sort of mothball it. Focus on other priorities has been elsewhere for a while and this base is more or less covered.

People own guns for different reasons. Collectors gonna collect, preppers gonna prep. There is no magic number. My rough rule is all my guns need to have some ammo on hand and be functional. If I get to the point where I am physically unable to acquire ammo for my guns and keep them in working order, that would be a good time for me to consolidate calibers, sell my less-used guns, and pump the brakes on new acquisitions...

...or hire someone to help maintain them so I can get more! :D
Yes!

Personal armorer.
Excellent idea

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews