JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jettisoned a bit in recent years, strongly considering a couple more, then, meh, just let it be; wrap up last projects, then sort of mothball it. Focus on other priorities has been elsewhere for a while and this base is more or less covered.
+1

Balance is important for those buying guns for preparedness. Guns are only one part of a much bigger picture - food, water, medical, shelter, transportation, communications. energy, etc. are essential components that should not be neglected in favor of guns & ammo.

Rule #1 Never enough ammo.

Rule #2 more guns after rule #1 is met.

If you cant feed them, no since in storing them. Fortunately I keep to a few set food groups, 9mm, .45 ACP, 5.56, 300BLK and so on so they can all be fed.

If someone ever started this up as a service, I just might keep them busy for a while.
Man-At-Arms2.jpg

A few...not as many as some members....but more than others.

At one time , before the worthless BGC law for private sales ....
I used to buy and trade for older rifles and shotguns that needed a little TLC.
This gave me a chance to learn firearm repair and restoration skills as well as learning about many different styles of firearms and actions.
It was fun to bring a older firearm back to life , so to speak...use it for awhile and then sell it or trade it for a new project gun.
This lead to quite a few firearms hanging around my at my place.
Nowadays...this does not happen.....:oops:

As far as my first love with muzzle loading firearms...
Well now....I have a bunch...some antiques , some new made.
Below is a oft posted picture of many , but not all of my antique muzzle loaders.
Andy

I've just been thinking more and more about keeping what I actually need and not just with guns but everything. It seems like we acquire a lot that we don't really use much and it just sits around.

Need versus want is an important thing to consider however....
Both need and want are extremely subjective.

In any event...
One should be free to own as many firearms , of whatever type they like...
Or not own any , as the case may be.
Just don't make that choice for others.
Andy

I've just been thinking more and more about keeping what I actually need and not just with guns but everything. It seems like we acquire a lot that we don't really use much and it just sits around.
You never realize just how much this is true until you move :eek:
When I met the Wife 27 years ago I had arranged my life so everything I owned would fit in my vehicle. When I needed to move all of it went in, got to new place and put it away. Married her, 20 some odd years later it was time to move. I rented the largest truck U-Haul has. Took multiple trips with that. Then before taking the truck back I filled it with stuff to take to the dump. This after I spent a few days with a couple 8ft tables in front on the place filled with stuff with a FREE sign on it. I kept asking myself where in gods name did all this stuff come from :s0140:
Few years later we had to move again. I told Wife this time I am hiring a moving Co. it was pricey and worth every penny. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top