JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One other aspect that Patriot1775 might consider contemplating is his posting of the encounter here. If he does decide to instruct the grumpy old dude in a "teaching moment" and that results in an altercation that doesn't end well (for either one of them), then it seems to be common practice these days for LE to start culling the suspect's FB, IG, etc. accounts, to include accounts such as NWFA. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what next obtains...

Last night my wife stopped on the side of a rural road last night (Bald Hills Road outside Yelm WA). She was on her cellphone calling someone, and stopped the car due to cell coverage dropping after this area and to use her cell. It happened to be across from a house. The owner proceeded to walk up to her car and said if she didn't leave he was getting his gun and would shoot her. She stated she was on a county road, not on his property, and doing nothing wrong. She then dialed 911. While on the phone, she then noticed a red laser beam moving around her head and her phone. She looked over and saw a silhouette of a person with a gun in the picture window of the home. 2 renters of a trailer on his property came to my wife's car and apologized for the owners actions. They apparently overheard the incident. WTF over? Thurston County sheriff deputy arrived. After a brief discussion of the incident, He told my wife he had a right to point a gun at her because he was on his property. She stated he threatened her. Still the deputy said he didn't do anything wrong. I called 911 and had the deputy call me at my home. I brought up the WA RCW about brandishing and threatening bodily harm with a firearm. He stated the law is vague and there is nothing he can do with the new WA anti-LEO measures. I said that if I pulled up my shirt to "reveal" my concealed firearm to another person during an argument that I'd be arrested. He stated yes. But, I countered that if I pointed a firearm at someone that is ok? Yep. OK in WA if I'm on my property. Seems that threatening to shoot someone is different than saying you're gonna kill them. Am I wrong in thinking this situation should have been handled differently? The old fart never inquired if she was broken down or needed assistance. Just " Leave or I'm getting my gun". Me thinks I need to pay him a "friendly" visit and have a chat. He needs a teachable moment.
Me thinks you might get shot over an ego issue if you went to the guy's house to confront him and tried to talk to him about it. Despite the guy in question being one of the biggest jackasses in that county, thankfully no one was harmed.

Regardless, I'd personally say your wife, regardless of being right or wrong, is lucky she isn't dead if she stuck around with someone pointing a gun at her and decided to stick around rather than leave.

Plenty of others have given good advice on the subject.

For those not in the know... This old biddy is certifiably loony...
jz-knight-ramtha-1.jpg

Nd9GcTsvob7YLB3hHsHwuHDEQvNQXWaTrVoZ2P5Gg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Last night my wife stopped on the side of a rural road last night (Bald Hills Road outside Yelm WA). She was on her cellphone calling someone, and stopped the car due to cell coverage dropping after this area and to use her cell. It happened to be across from a house. The owner proceeded to walk up to her car and said if she didn't leave he was getting his gun and would shoot her. She stated she was on a county road, not on his property, and doing nothing wrong. She then dialed 911. While on the phone, she then noticed a red laser beam moving around her head and her phone. She looked over and saw a silhouette of a person with a gun in the picture window of the home. 2 renters of a trailer on his property came to my wife's car and apologized for the owners actions. They apparently overheard the incident. WTF over? Thurston County sheriff deputy arrived. After a brief discussion of the incident, He told my wife he had a right to point a gun at her because he was on his property. She stated he threatened her. Still the deputy said he didn't do anything wrong. I called 911 and had the deputy call me at my home. I brought up the WA RCW about brandishing and threatening bodily harm with a firearm. He stated the law is vague and there is nothing he can do with the new WA anti-LEO measures. I said that if I pulled up my shirt to "reveal" my concealed firearm to another person during an argument that I'd be arrested. He stated yes. But, I countered that if I pointed a firearm at someone that is ok? Yep. OK in WA if I'm on my property. Seems that threatening to shoot someone is different than saying you're gonna kill them. Am I wrong in thinking this situation should have been handled differently? The old fart never inquired if she was broken down or needed assistance. Just " Leave or I'm getting my gun". Me thinks I need to pay him a "friendly" visit and have a chat. He needs a teachable moment.
And she didn't return fire? You didn't train her right.;)

If you intended to tune him up I certainly wouldn't recommend posting it on a public forum.

And on the other hand we don't want to reward bad behavior. I'm sure whatever he does will be measured and rational.
No we don't.

With that said.....
The OP's wife was there accidentally when this all went down.
The OP going back there , is a willful act on his part , that will then cause a reaction....which may not be anything that anyone wants.

Not knowing either OP or the Homeowner...I can not say whether or not anyone will be "measured " or "rational".
Andy

No we don't.

With that said.....
The OP's wife was there accidentally when this all went down.
The OP going back there , is a willful act on his part , that will then cause a reaction....which may not be anything that anyone wants.

Not knowing either OP or the Homeowner...I can not say whether or not anyone will be "measured " or "rational".
Andy
Yeah but I don't think he's going back there. He's going to talk to the Sherriff.

I thought all felons carry anyway? Only gonna get a slap on the wrist! I really wonder why there are soooo many more shootings? I just can't figure it out? Weird!

So my Wife read you're story. We concluded there are always 2 sides to every story. Is nobody thinking in a meth town the car isn't a tweaker scoping out the place? Not saying you're wife looks like a tweaker. When living outside of town it's not a normal thing to have people park on the side of the road. It also seems to me in you OP that the homeowner asked your wife to leave and she seemed to instigate it with" it's a county road." Then she stayed for the neighbors to come out then stayed for the cops to get there now you want to go instigate it with a "friendly conversation " I would let it be and maybe think of the homeowners view.

I thought all felons carry anyway? Only gonna get a slap on the wrist! I really wonder why there are soooo many more shootings? I just can't figure it out? Weird!
Exactly right! That Rheinhole prick who murdered a trump supporter in cold blood and cannot own firearms legally was arrested twice with a gun and no charges by Portland DA. A third time he tried to steal a gun from a legal carrier and ended up getting shot in the arm. Again no charges. The fourth time he murdered someone at the protest and us Marshalls finally hunted him down and killed him.

Ask for the department's head of publicity, since youd like to have them give you a quote for the articles you'll be posting.

My major concern is that since he did this to your wife, I think he has done and will continue to do this to others. It could lead to an innocent person being shot. The man has chosen this behavior he deserves to be punished.

Renters of the trailer on the property witnessed the incident. Wife has their names.
And what will they be able to testify to? That they saw him come out to the car but couldn't hear what he said? That they saw a laser type light coming from his window? That he has a history of azzhole behavior?

OK stop with the comments. I was merely pointing out an incident. Don't need a bunch of emasculated armchair quarterbacks saying forget it. What happens the next time he does this and shoots or kills someone? Whatcha gonna say then?
You've been here a few years now. Shirley you must know that you won't be able to control what happens in a thread once you start it! (Posting a thread implies that you desire comments. That's just a fact.) So why aggravate members that are only trying to keep you safe from making a big mistake???? Lashing out will not solve your problem, neither there, nor here.

Hardest part of those old tv's is keeping the remote from running off to go play.
Hardest part was keeping those old, dirty, corroded, mechanical tuners on the channel. Getting up to whack the TV was a big PITA, even for those that wanted to run off and play. ;)

ETA: reminds me of the AN/ARC51A UHF radios that the USCG inherited after the US Navy no longer used nor wanted them. They had a mechanical gear train that turned the tuning system, whose metal "leaves" had to be physically pre-set/tuned for each freq range... but the gear systems were completely sloppy/loose/worn and I couldn't keep them working... got a lot of nasty comments from the pilots and the shop bozz, but I could do nothing about it.

Good meme, but I believe the actual quote is: "You sure do got a purdy mouth". IIRC

Last Edited:
Shirley you must know that you won't be able to control what happens in a thread once you start it! (Posting a thread implies that you desire comments.
How do you know his name is Shirley? :s0140:

Oh man. You know I look up to you, partly, because of your proper grammar? :s0084:
:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads