JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is and sometimes that means grabbing a fork so you can eat your words. That's kind of where I'm at with Turkish firearms. I've long experienced and seen evidence of Turkish firearms being poorly made, poorly finished and poor performing. Of the last three Turkish guns I've purchased, all are at a minimum acceptable performers and one in particular is a surprising home run.

I've purchased a Springfield model 2020 rimfire which can nearly keep up with my Ruger precision rimfire. Nearly. It feeds, goes bang and extracts smoothly and generally puts the lead where the cross hairs tell it to.

I bought a canik rival S (steel frame) which shoots toe to toe with my CZ Shadow 2. It's like cheating. Several hundred rounds in with no malfunctions, no grittiness and exceptional accuracy.

I even picked up a Tea Sauce 1911 DS 9MM and it just went through 300 rounds with no hiccups on it's very first range trip. Accuracy could be better, could be worse. About on par with a Glock or so. Was shooting way left (I'm a lefty) for the first dozen rounds or so, then I Guess everything seated proper and the group centered up nicely for the next couple hundred +

They are not American made, nicely fit and finished guns. That's certainly true. However, where it really counts at their price points they do everything they need to and more. Am I a convert? No, probably not. But I may be looking to Turkey to scratch another gun itch somewhere down the road.

Girsan is still hot garbage.

I had a Weatherby PA-08 pump action, made by Huglu, that was a great performer, though rattled like a Mossy 500.
A SAR9 that has a mediocre trigger, but eats everything I feed it. If I fixed the trigger, I'd prefer it over my G17.
The real surprise is a Tri-Star Bristol SxS shotgun. Looks good, excellent trigger, well balanced, and when using it, makes me look like I know how to shoot clays.

I had a Weatherby PA-08 pump action, made by Huglu, that was a great performer, though rattled like a Mossy 500.
A SAR9 that has a mediocre trigger, but eats everything I feed it. If I fixed the trigger, I'd prefer it over my G17.
The real surprise is a Tri-Star Bristol SxS shotgun. Looks good, excellent trigger, well balanced, and when using it, makes me look like I know how to shoot clays.
Well, I'm glad you like your SAR9. To me, it's a gun only it's mother can love. It's U G L Y it ain't got no alibi it's UGLY! :D

I mean look at it... What in the call of duty...
1713756682208.png

I'm in the que of wait for my USA made semi-auto-magic gun(SA-35) but have been making do with Euro guns for a while now. I have a Tisas devil ray 1911 in 45 acp that so far has been a great gun I'd say at least as good as a Rock Island.

I'm in the que of wait for my USA made semi-auto-magic gun(SA-35) but have been making do with Euro guns for a while now. I have a Tisas devil ray 1911 in 45 acp that so far has been a great gun I'd say at least as good as a Rock Island.
It's a good lookin pistol. Only thing I wish it had is front strap checkering. I just don't like smooth 1911s in my hand.

I remember one of those Canik things appealing to me a while ago as it allegedly had a Walther P99-ish feel and trigger to it.

Not enough to make me get one, but cool, nonetheless. I guess. Maybe. Sorta.
I bought the $900 whoopty doo canik. The cheaper base model plastic ones are much less nice. But they're much less expensive so...

I dunno, pretty invested in Glocks, BUT! I've been looking at Tisas and Girson 1911's.. The Tisas Commander-length .45acp Tank Commander is looking mighty fine, maybe it's a sign that my :eek:second childhood is comin on.. o_O
Get the Tisas, avoid the Girsan. All the Girsan 1911s I've handled have heavy triggers, poor fitting and even loose barrels. Barrels should not freely wiggle in full battery. Tisas 1911s seem pretty ok though.

Girsan's M9/92 clones are the older design that doesn't have the slide block. The part that keeps the rear half from smacking you if the slide breaks... Tea Sauce & Girsan metallurgy and assembly is highly questionable.

1713766930845.png

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top