JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I think I'm actually suffering withdrawal symptoms, it's been 15 months since my last firearm purchase, read that as buying a new gun. I find myself scouring the ad's here and on Gunbroker each evening, refining the list of nice to have guns. Although I've been tempted by several, just haven't found sufficient justification to add another.

Now I know y'all a bunch of enablers, just looking to help me and help me spend money. But I think I may have this habit under control, finally.

So, just for the record, these are on my short list, in no particular order:

S&W 2 1/2" model 66 pinned and recessed
Lipsey's S&W 642 Ultimate Carry
Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series

Anyone else been on the wagon for awhile?

Been on the wagon....yep.
PITA firearm laws...and....not seeing firearms for sale...that I want enough to go through that PITA hassle to get.

Which is a shame since my modern firearm wants are simple :
Vintage .22 rifles...
20 gauge shotguns....
And if ammo ever becomes commonly seen again...a .30-30 carbine or rifle.

Actually ...it is a shame that law abiding folks have to deal with these PITA laws...no matter what firearm they wish to buy.

With that said...
I do have a percussion rifle on layaway...it is a original Plains Rifle circa 1840's - 1870's.
Andy

So, I think I'm actually suffering withdrawal symptoms, it's been 15 months since my last firearm purchase, read that as buying a new gun. I find myself scouring the ad's here and on Gunbroker each evening, refining the list of nice to have guns. Although I've been tempted by several, just haven't found sufficient justification to add another.

Now I know y'all a bunch of enablers, just looking to help me and help me spend money. But I think I may have this habit under control, finally.

Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series

I rarely get the 90 day coin.

Been on the wagon....yep.
PITA firearm laws...and....not seeing firearms for sale...that I want enough to go through that PITA hassle to get.

Which is a shame since my modern firearm wants are simple :
Vintage .22 rifles...
20 gauge shotguns....
And if ammo ever becomes commonly seen again...a .30-30 carbine or rifle.

Actually ...it is a shame that law abiding folks have to deal with these PITA laws...no matter what firearm they wish to buy.

With that said...
I do have a percussion rifle on layaway...it is a original Plains Rifle circa 1840's - 1870's.
Andy
I bought everything in June 2022 when they got enough signatures on the ballot for OR m114. But then gun prices dropped, and dropped, and dropped. Some of the deals out there are amazing right now. One gun had been $1599-$1799 for probably a good 12 years with no change. Then all of a sudden boom! $1000. Another example is quality mke mp5 clones. $2499 for about a year, then $1799, then $1499, then $999 at its lowest point. Nuts! So anyway that got me into "getting one more in under the wire before m114 starts". Well that one turned into many. As long as I get really good value for a reliable and beautiful gun I'm happy.

Welcome to Firearms Anonymous...... It has been a whole month since I fell for the form fitting grip and call of a good deal .......... Oh who am I kidding , this gun coddling disease there is no cure just submition to its beacon calling . ;)

You won't get any help from me; I'm at around 12 months myself, and feeling good about it. Anytime I start to get an itch to even think about buying something, I look in the back of the safe at guns that haven't seen the light of day in years.

After downsizing for several years, I started buying again last year. My only concern is leaving my wife with a mess after I'm gone. I did pass on one tonight that went for a very attractive price but would've caused me to start buying .22 Win Mag ammo. I'm still in the market for a .243 Win. rifle.

Welcome to Firearms Anonymous...... It has been a whole month since I fell for the form fitting grip and call of a good deal .......... Oh who am I kidding , this gun coddling disease there is no cure just submition to its beacon calling . ;)
Been waiting on the price to drop on this one. Cuz who doesn't want an mp5 in .308? :s0114:
98FC3693-30BA-42E1-B681-E2A47AA0E540.jpeg

Sigh.... I was going to say, my last gun was December, but then I remembered I bought a black powder last month. I almost bought a police trade in SIG 226 in 40 last night. The struggle is real.

Last Edited:
Sigh.... I was going to say, my last gun was December, but then I remembered I bought a black powder last month. I almost bought a live trade in SIG 226 in 40 last night. The struggle is real.
Quality black powder pistols are inexpensive and varied. And they mail them to your door. Buy buy buy! :s0112:

Well, it's probably been 15 days for me.... I'm getting the itchy scratchies just thinking about it

Maybe a nice 10mm. Or a fun PCC...

Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series

Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series

15 months 😵‍💫… I don't know how you did it . I can't make it 15 days before I got the I wants ! I salute you sir 🫡

Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series
It's evident that you have a particular taste in what you're looking to get. If you find yourself troubled by it, perhaps consider parting with something you currently own but no longer find as enjoyable to shoot.

ee0d77eb65221370efa2902f04ffb20a.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads