JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup and yup. Combat parking, sit back to wall, eyes on front door.
What about skirting muddy patches when hiking in the woods so as to leave no footprints? Watching your backtrail? Peeking over the ridge line from cover and looking everything over carefully and avoiding sillouetting yourself against the sky? Avoiding the exposed trail along the ridgeline and instead taking the lighter parallel trail a bit below it where the more cynical cautious critters walk?

From a news story about this:

Four suspects were later found at a hospital. One of the men "was suffering from a gunshot wound consistent with a shotgun blast," according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. The 23-year-old remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition and will be booked into jail after being released, officials said.

My question being did they NOT think they were going to get caught by going to a hospital? And ALL of them there as well?

Pretty stupid bunch.....
I thought about that too but I guess they had already proved that none of them was going to be building any rockets. :s0140:
Suspect they were freaking out as the one who was screeching so loud he could be heard for a few blocks away was leaking a lot. So they probably panicked and did not think much. Up here is it quite common for a car to roll up to the ER entrance and literally toss the "victim" out on the ground and take off. I guess their "friends" figure that's the best they can do for them. The norm for the ones who survive is to refuse to tell the Cops anything at all or make up some tale that they were walking along contemplating higher education plans and some generic description vehicle drove by and shot them. :s0092:

I guess backing into the front of a convenience store and robbing it is a thing. I backed into a spot the other day, went in, the clerk was very on edge with me. I asked if everything was ok, he said he thought I was going to rob him, LOL. I tend to back into parking spots if there's no other cars around to avoid any kind of backing up collisions. Anyways, I said not to worry about me robbing him, an actual robber would have to though.
Years ago I had an appointment at some Doc I had never been too. Got there a lot earlier than I planed so had a good :45 or so to kill. I noticed a coffee stand next door so I walked up to the window. Gal in there looked at me and proceeded to ignore me. So I walked around to the other side where she was standing and she finally opened the window and I said I would like a coffee. She in broken English told me she was afraid to open the window when I came up on foot as she thought I was there to rob her? :confused:
As I walked away with my coffee I was thinking that she really thinks if I was there to hold her up her not sliding the damn window open would make me go away????

Years ago I had an appointment at some Doc I had never been too. Got there a lot earlier than I planed so had a good :45 or so to kill. I noticed a coffee stand next door so I walked up to the window. Gal in there looked at me and proceeded to ignore me. So I walked around to the other side where she was standing and she finally opened the window and I said I would like a coffee. She in broken English told me she was afraid to open the window when I came up on foot as she thought I was there to rob her? :confused:
As I walked away with my coffee I was thinking that she really thinks if I was there to hold her up her not sliding the damn window open would make me go away????
Yeah idk.. Youd think if it was a concern maybe getting another job would be in order. I worked in the bustiest busiest subway sandwich store in wa solo and closed all throughout high school and my mom always worried about me getting robbed. I didn't worry, I'd just hand over the petty cash no worries.
These days.. Idk I'd probably be packing JIC. but still some people lack common sense about bubblegum. I have another story to prove my point but can't state it here for incrimination reasons.

Edit: Bustiest! :s0062::s0140: (I wish!) Although a middle aged homeless lady on crack HWY did flash me her bob's to try and get a discount at the Des Moines store. My female manager was dying!
If she was semi good looking I would have probably paid for the sandwich, and given her my number... (*speech check failed* no discount.)

Last Edited:
I used to live in Corona. Norco is North Corona. Corona had citrus and Norco had a lot of cattle. Norco and parts of Chino were cattle country with a real cowboy attitude.

Not surprising to see an oldtimer with a no BS mindset taking care of business. That 22yo got of 10 shots in 15 seconds. Grandpa here got one good shot in no seconds.

We see time after time these criminals expect to have no resistance in their acts. You have to pick your battles but compliance is never a guarantee of safety. These kooks will kill you anyway. I was not select in a murder trial for a couple who complied but were shot anyway.

Grandpa needs a sbr ar10 with a can and an electric door lock on a foot pedal.

667A77F2-667E-4D73-A066-E8C249D53F0F.jpeg

What about skirting muddy patches when hiking in the woods so as to leave no footprints? Watching your backtrail? Peeking over the ridge line from cover and looking everything over carefully and avoiding sillouetting yourself against the sky? Avoiding the exposed trail along the ridgeline and instead taking the lighter parallel trail a bit below it where the more cynical cautious critters walk?
You should send this to Bushman. All he would add is something about an Altoid box.....

Yeah idk.. Youd think if it was a concern maybe getting another job would be in order. I worked in the bustiest subway sandwich store in wa solo and closed all throughout high school and my mom always worried about getting robbed. I didn't worry, I'd just hand over the petty cash no worries.
These days.. Idk I'd probably be packing JIC. but still some people lack common sense about bubblegum. I have another story to prove my point but can't state it here for incrimination reasons.
Hey @Dr Prepper. I have to wonder whether you are male or female.
A female working a coffee stand who speaks only broken English probably doesn't have many job choices. She has to worry about being abducted, raped, sold to human traffickers. Even if she is an average female in strength she is weaker than nearly all men. Her bones are lighter. Her pain threshold is higher. A mere punch that scars her face might mean that she can't even get a job serving coffee in the future. Working at a coffee stand may still be safer than working indoors with a male boss who may figure all female subordinates should out out for him. Being at the bottom of the social hierarchy svcks, but it doesn't mean you have no common sense.

Hey @Dr Prepper. I have to wonder whether you are male or female.
A female working a coffee stand who speaks only broken English probably doesn't have many job choices. She has to worry about being abducted, raped, sold to human traffickers. Even if she is an average female in strength she is weaker than nearly all men. Her bones are lighter. Her pain threshold is higher. A mere punch that scars her face might mean that she can't even get a job serving coffee in the future. Working at a coffee stand may still be safer than working indoors with a male boss who may figure all female subordinates should out out for him. Being at the bottom of the social hierarchy svcks, but it doesn't mean you have no common sense.
All very true, and you are correct. But keep in mind I was what 16-17 when working there maybe 18? And I'm a med - smaller framed male.
I know women put up with a lot of bubblegum from men, but its also sad how the good looking ones always get away with murder when it comes to the men surrounding them. I've seen women get demoted when every single male was fired for doing the same exact thing.
And this goes for races unfortunately as well. But I don't want to get into that.
Suffice to say, the world is anything but fair.

It's insane to me how much importance is placed on women's looks, I hate seeing plastic surgery. Love to see women comfortable with themselves. But life is full of double edge swords (and standards).
Although I will def say, men to seem fairly shallow, idk if its just the younger folks I meet lately I dont talk to a whole lot of people older than me tbh, but wholly smokes there's some self centered shallow men out there. Remember high heels? We want them back! ;) didn't men invent makeup too or something like that?
Anyway I should quit while I'm vaguely ahead... *tips hat*

Yup. Yup. Yup, yup, and yup. Yup and yup.

I sit facing the entrance in restaurants and my family already knows to reserve that seat for me. :)
Same here. Wherever the waitstaff directs my family members, they all play "musical chairs" so that my spot faces the front door before the music stops.

All very true, and you are correct. But keep in mind I was what 16-17 when working there maybe 18? And I'm a med - smaller framed male.
I know women put up with a lot of bubblegum from men, but its also sad how the good looking ones always get away with murder when it comes to the men surrounding them. I've seen women get demoted when every single male was fired for doing the same exact thing.
And this goes for races unfortunately as well. But I don't want to get into that.
Suffice to say, the world is anything but fair.

It's insane to me how much importance is placed on women's looks, I hate seeing plastic surgery. Love to see women comfortable with themselves. But life is full of double edge swords (and standards).
Although I will def say, men to seem fairly shallow, idk if its just the younger folks I meet lately I dont talk to a whole lot of people older than me tbh, but wholly smokes there's some self centered shallow men out there. Remember high heels? We want them back! ;) didn't men invent makeup too or something like that?
Anyway I should quit while I'm vaguely ahead... *tips hat*
Much truth here, @Dr Prepper . If it's any consolation, the beautiful..or even just sort of attractive woman gets away with murder, or at least attracts lots of positive attention for reasons other than her job performance...up to about age 30 only. After that her sexual appeal dives, while the sexual attractiveness of fit men lags initially but is increasing up to at least about 50. And there are nuances.

The female in serious careers is likely to be expected to dress so as to be sexually provocative but held in contempt by all women and her male colleagues and boss if she does so. The male boss might be more inclined to fire a misbehaving male subordinate because he takes him seriously and considers him a threat. He might demote or even just reprimand the female for the same thing because he doesn't take her as seriously or consider her a threat, and figures he can mold her as he wants. So the boss might be more inclined to keep her on even if she's screwed up. But he would promote any one of the men first and fastest. You don't promote people you don't take seriously. And most men are totally capable of taking a woman seriously sexually while totally not taking her seriously with respect to the job and her being worth promoting. Some men are actually completely incapable of taking an attractive woman seriously with respect to any serious job, and consider every attractive woman a bimbo.

Also, on average women are more sensitive when reprimanded, and their upset shows. Men usually on average less so. Even if just as upset they are on average better at hiding it. So the boss feels he can control the female through expressing displeasure, but isn't sure he can make an impression on the male. It also seems to be only the mid level jobs where the beautiful woman gets away with more. If its a highly desireable university assistant prof position at a top school, the male needs to be outstanding at some things and not make too many mistakes. The female needs to be outstanding at all parts of the job and make no mistakes.

Makeup and high heels were undoubtedly invented by women. And many like wearing them to work. But its usually men who set up the workplace to require women to paint their faces into a resemblance of sexual arousal and constantly present their butts to all. Then the poor men are expected to stand all day having apparently aroused women presenting their butts to them and not accept any of the apparent offers.

Your post reminded me.
And, at the same time I was left wondering?
Did that occur at one of those drive up windows?

Because......many places (now a days).....refuse to sell to people on foot at the drive up window. Yeah.....to me.......it make sense. Whatever, each owner/company should do what's right for them. And YES......some of them may have been the victim(s) of past robberies or etc....etc..... Or maybe, they just heard of some of the incidents that have resulted in a "bad experience".

Story time.
When I use to live in Hawaii.......there was a murder of a Jack in The Box manager at Waipio Gentry. The suspect apparently used the technique. It was suspected that .....while on foot, the suspect approached the drive through window. It was probably a Robbery, that turned into a Murder. IIRC....they never caught nor convicted anyone of that crime.

After that, it became a company policy for Jack In The Box (at least in Hawaii). NOT TO service customers on foot at the drive through window. Yup......and now a days......cameras.

In fact the Jack in the Box (near me in Vancouver) has a sign stating the NO SERVICE policy at the drive through window for customers on foot.

I wonder if the employees are told the story (see above)?

Yes......

1659488396758.png

And maybe your experience didn't even involve a drive through window.

At any rate........may the manager R.I.P. (he was a young guy).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top