JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mail man just dropped this off...
View attachment 367021
I'll be experimenting with Rit Dye tonight. Hopefully Pink+Dark Red= Darkish Red. If not maybe a light coat of that flex coat spray they have on TV will do it... worst case i'm out $10. I'm regretting not getting 3-4 more of these.

Spray paint for plastics maybe? If I recall correctly, SIG brace is more rubbery, so Plasti-dip spray can may also work. Plasti-dip is sorta like that flex coat as seen on TV, but from what I've seen plasti-dip goes on thinner (use multiple thin coats or itll flake easier).

Mail man just dropped this off...
View attachment 367021
I'll be experimenting with Rit Dye tonight. Hopefully Pink+Dark Red= Darkish Red. If not maybe a light coat of that flex coat spray they have on TV will do it... worst case i'm out $10. I'm regretting not getting 3-4 more of these.
IMO, don't use RIT dye - you'll be turning whatever you are wearing that color for months.
Here's an eHow article on staining rubber.

Here's an interesting video on staining rubber using RIT dye.

IMO, don't use RIT dye - you'll be turning whatever you are wearing that color for months.
Here's an eHow article on staining rubber.

Here's an interesting video on staining rubber using RIT dye.
It wasn't easy, but I did it.... IMG_1802.JPG
I'll be posting one of my long winded threads about the experience momentarily.

Culmination of the last week and a half.
Ruger American Predator in .308 and Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 with their CDS and an adjustable objective, windplex reticle.
Also grabbed some cheap ammo to break it in and a box of Hornady 178gr hunter as my first test round. 20170601_160024.jpg

Last Edited:
Yesterday I bought a workbench from Harbor Freight to use as a dedicated reloading bench. It's the one that goes for $150, but I used the Memorial Day 25% off coupon and paid only $113.
Pretty solid for the price, with built in vise I'll use to hold the press in place or remove it when needed. Assembled it last night. This is a project, so I'll post pics when I get it the way I want it. In the meantime, here is a link showing what others did with this bench...
The Perfect, Cost-Effective Reloading Bench - Harbor Freight Tools Blog
I got my bench there with the labor day %25 coupon last year.. I opted for this one. IMG_1819.PNG
I regretted it as soon as I got it home, and it took me 2 hours to put the damn thing together.... not only that, you can't mount a press or it blocks the drawers. So I mounted it to a grinder stand instead. The peg board and light are nice, but I still wish i'd got the wood bench instead.

I got my bench there with the labor day %25 coupon last year.. I opted for this one.View attachment 367364
I regretted it as soon as I got it home, and it took me 2 hours to put the damn thing together.... not only that, you can't mount a press or it blocks the drawers. So I mounted it to a grinder stand instead. The peg board and light are nice, but I still wish i'd got the wood bench instead.

I saw it in the store, but didn't get it for the reasons you said.
As a rule I don't go for stuff I can't modify beyond recognition. ;)

2000 rounds of 9mm Blazer brass, a 33 round Glock stick mag and a Magpul MOE+ grip. Prepping for my 9mm AR that will be here Monday!!

Finally, got my New Liberty JR. Delivered and bolted in place and away from view .
Now I have more room and more slots, hmmm poor lonely slots with no firearms...............:eek:

Finally, got my New Liberty JR. Delivered and bolted in place and away from view .
Now I have more room and more slots, hmmm poor lonely slots with no firearms...............:eek:

Put a papa gun and a mama gun in your new safe and in no time there will be lots of guns in your new safe. :):) Congratulations on your new safe, been thinking about getting another one myself as mine is getting awful full. The 1830's family silver teapot from Ireland threatens to roll out every time I open the safe.:eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads