JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought this Bushnell TRS-25 red dot for my KSG, but I thought I'd try it on my Ruger SR-556 first- lined up with the irons pretty nice.

Geno
View attachment 367818
View attachment 367819
Every time I was going to pick up one of these, I've talked myself out of it. Let us know how it performs. I was going to grab one and throw it on the kids 10/22. The price makes it so tempting...

Just some little stuff. A precision needle oiler, Hilljak, quickie loader for my Sig .22, a box of Tipton .22 snap caps and an aerosol can of Hoppe's elite gun cleaner.

IMG_0972.JPG

I have several plastic bottle type of needle oilers, and I hate those leaking mother.....nevermind's with a passion!

Last Edited:
In case you care, the Hoppe's Elite range, is MPro7, they make it, it's a slight variation on their formula - i read that as MPro 7 make the best version of it.

KAK Super Sig buffer tube for my SIG SB15 brace came in the mail today...:s0168:I did a little mock up with the parts I have for my 300 pistol build, and it made me sad to realize it will be a while before I can afford to finish it...I'm jonesn' hard... Damn this AR addiction! IMG_1826.JPG
as you can see I'm missing a part or two:( IMG_1827.JPG it's especially difficult when I keep spending my meager gun allowance on reloading supplies, but the kids gotta eat!
-.223 Nosler 69 gr custom comp.(going to compair accuracy with the sierra 69 hpbt I worked up to see which one to stock up on)
-9mm projos, 200 bulk & 100 hornady 115 fmj
-300+supposed once fired 9 brass(NOT!) oh well only $10 and minimal .380, and Maks mixed in.
it is interesting to look at the primers of other peoples reloads.
there was some ugly pressure deformations on some of them.
IMG_1851.JPG

A friend of mine gave me a hornady primer tool(way better than the cheapo lee I was using) but it didn't work with the Lee shell holder that came with my 9mm dies so I had to spend $5 on a Hornady(rcbs work too but they were 2X the price)
I prepped/primed another 300 pieces of .223, and those 300 9mm last couple evenings while the wife watched WWE, and screamed at the TV.(she's knows its fake but takes it very seriously!) Sooo comical to watch her watch WWE.
IMG_1847.JPG

Wow EPS... that was quick. (TWSS:s0108:)

They say it's not the high, but the moment just before.. when you have your goods all laid out in frount of you... anticipating the joy you are about to experience. Unfortunately the feeling doesn't last. We carefully partake. first the lower... finished almost as soon as we start... we work the trigger and safety a few dozen times, letting the hammer smack the meaty part of our thumbs, sit back and enjoy the buzz for a minute.
When that wears off we go on to the upper. OMG it feels good.. except that damn bolt catch roll pin, a rush of anxiety(did I put enough masking tape on it..?.. will I slip and gouge my lower..?..get in there for crying out loud!!!). then we pull the tape off, all is well. We slide in the charge handle and try the BCG. Oh no it won't go in!!! Wait... I got so excited I forgot to extend the bolt..."click" ahh thats better. In with the Front lug... pop the pin in. roll it back, pop the pin in...Oooh that's a tight fit(TWSS:s0108:). Then the best part: slam in an empty mag, charge it, and smack the bolt catch... the buffer spring sends that bolt home with a mighty clank, your whole body, down to your very soul, jolts as the lugs mate with the barrel extension.... and there we are at the top of the mountain.. In the immortal words of Chevy Chase: "hallelujah-holy S#*+!" (Christmas Vacation)
Instinct kicks in and we lift it to our shoulder, and pick out a particularly fiendish looking spot on the wall across the room. *click*
And that's it. nowhere to go from the peak but down. We fondle, cycle, admire, over and over... but the high is gone, the safe is getting crowded and we're running out of excuses to build another one. But we do anyway, because we are powerless against the sweet smell of cordite and hoppe's #9
Sorry EPS.. I just ment to say "nice build" but I got carried away.
My current build hit finacial obsticals and I'm loosing it:s0107:

Last Edited:
Wow EPS... that was quick. (TWSS:s0108:)

They say it's not the high, but the moment just before.. when you have your goods all laid out in frount of you... anticipating the joy you are about to experience. Unfortunately the feeling doesn't last. We carefully partake. first the lower... finished almost as soon as we start... we work the trigger and safety a few dozen times, letting the hammer smack the meaty part of our thumbs, sit back and enjoy the buzz for a minute.
When that wears off we go on to the upper. OMG it feels good.. except that damn bolt catch roll pin, a rush of anxiety(did I put enough masking tape on it..?.. will I slip and gouge my upper..?..get in there for crying out loud!!!). then we pull the tape off, all is well. We slide in the charge handle and try the BCG. Oh no it won't go in!!! Wait... I got so excited I forgot to extend the bolt..."click" ahh thats better. In with the Front lug... pop the pin in. roll it back, pop the pin in...Oooh that's a tight fit(TWSS:s0108:). Then the best part: slam in an empty mag, charge it, and smack the bolt catch... the buffer spring sends that bolt home with a mighty clank, your whole body, down to your very soul, jolts as the lugs mate with the barrel extension.... and there we are at the top of the mountain.. In the immortal words of Chevy Chase: "hallelujah-holy S#*+!" (Christmas Vacation)
Instinct kicks in and we lift it to our shoulder, and pick out a particularly fiendish looking spot on the wall across the room. *click*
And that's it. nowhere to go from the peak but down. We fondle, cycle, admire, over and over... but the high is gone, the safe is getting crowded and we're running out of excuses to build another one. But we do anyway, because we are powerless against the sweet smell of cordite and hoppe's #9
Sorry EPS.. I just ment to say "nice build" but I got carried away.
My current build hit finacial obsticals and I'm loosing it:s0107:
Well there was a mix up with the shipping of the lower so I had everything ready to go just had to put it together

Not really smoker Binary trigger lol stupid Franklin armory binary trigger cost more than the rest of the gun
I wish you were closer... Id love to try that trigger out... Funny thing is they are Not illegal in WA, but franklins websight says not for civilian sales in WA... what's up with that?

Beats the time I waited from Feb 2014 till Dec 28, 2014 for my Osprey.
AtF hurries for no one. I've heard of guys getting them back in just under 2 months(extremely rare)and like you up to a year. how hard can it be? bet it would be faster if they had get it done before they cashed your check.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top