JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only 61 years old?... Wait till ya look up a rifle that is 161 years old...:D
I have some older 50's , 60's and 70's gun catalogs ... I'll check 'em out if you like...
Andy
Id appreciate that allot Andy, being its the first year of this model, low serial and made in 02/1955 first production year. I am curious about it. Won't be selling it been wanting one just to have for awhile and finally found the right one. But yes that would be great. I am looking on line nothing close yet.

Well bought a First year made Remington 740 30.06 made 02/1955 very low serial numbers. Made from 1955-1960 0nly so I think its cool. .308 and 30.06 back then were the original calibers, in 1955.
These are Auto-Loaders for those may not know.
Was in great condition, clean bolt and rails no issues. Slides very smooth.
Ive since cleaned the wood up just oil and cleaned up the metal with oil as well. Traded for a Sig Moquito. 22LR.
The butt stock imprints match identical the front asking around this may be a rare factory upgrade
It has a trap-door butt-stock as well. Still checking on this. Fits perfect the drop is about right on for me.

View attachment 366490
If the Libhandy-capable (sorry Andy...don't mean to patronize but I had to:s0087:) black gun haters ever get their way, these and Browning BARs may become very hot comidities. Good investment for a future I hope we never see.
I'm surprised you don't see more after market accessories for them... for the states already plagued by ignorance.

image.jpeg
Fred Meyer is buy one get one 50% off right now. Federal .22lr was $1.99 before the coupon. I picked up 750 rounds $0.03 each. BiMart has blazer 124gr 9mm on sale for $8.97.

Finally broke down and got a new Liberty Safe. I thought about posting pics, but probably not smart to
post my security on a forum, but its big and heavy and comes with an attack dog.

I made kind of a rare trip to the West side of the state ( Not sure how you guys do it. o_O) so stopped into Cabela's in Tulatin. Picked up some more 6.5 Creedmoor brass and 140 gr ELD-M bullets.

Ruger LCP II with a Viridian laser for summertime EDC. Ruger included a pocket holster, but guess what? The holster does not fit the pistol with the laser attached. :mad: So I also got a new pocket holster plus an extra magazine. Taking it out to the range on Thursday. :)

Yesterday I bought a workbench from Harbor Freight to use as a dedicated reloading bench. It's the one that goes for $150, but I used the Memorial Day 25% off coupon and paid only $113.
Pretty solid for the price, with built in vise I'll use to hold the press in place or remove it when needed. Assembled it last night. This is a project, so I'll post pics when I get it the way I want it. In the meantime, here is a link showing what others did with this bench...
The Perfect, Cost-Effective Reloading Bench - Harbor Freight Tools Blog

Yesterday I bought a workbench from Harbor Freight to use as a dedicated reloading bench. It's the one that goes for $150, but I used the Memorial Day 25% off coupon and paid only $113.
Pretty solid for the price, with built in vise I'll use to hold the press in place or remove it when needed. Assembled it last night. This is a project, so I'll post pics when I get it the way I want it. In the meantime, here is a link showing what others did with this bench...

I like that idea, I'll have to bookmark it for later.

I'm liking that bench, wonder how tall it is, I always have to put spacers under the legs they always make everything so short. But looks cool.

I wonder if Fajen or Bishop made a replacement stock upgrade those rifles?...
In any case enjoy your new to you rifle Dunehopper!
Andy

Hey @AndyinEverson well its not a Fajen or Bishop I talked with Bryan Macon
from Macon stocks who has taken over the patents from the two and he worked and saw all the past stocks. He was not positive but said he never saw anything like it and was most likely a custom job done somewhere. I checks and the anging on the wood is the same and the from and back of the stock wood are the same material. I have found allot about it out though so very happy with it.

Nice deal!

On my 2nd one. Sold the first on the Craigslist when we moved out here. That one was just an apartment workbench/buffet table.

This one's a dedicated gun miscelania work bench.

Should have kept the first one, but didn't think it'd fit in the moving shipping container...Then went and bought a trailer for the overflow basement/shop stuff to take, and it would have fit in there.

Mail man just dropped this off...
IMG_1772.JPG
I'll be experimenting with Rit Dye tonight. Hopefully Pink+Dark Red= Darkish Red. If not maybe a light coat of that flex coat spray they have on TV will do it... worst case i'm out $10. I'm regretting not getting 3-4 more of these.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top