JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mounted the bipod on the PA10.... considered buying a shield.
51338856429__E5B5CFF1-1730-49C3-9DDB-5D29FD6220C4.JPG

I went to the big local garage sale today. Got a nice mechanic's crawler, hardly been used, $3 bucks. Also got a full airbrush set with compressor, gauge AND water trap...$10.00 (great for camo jobs)

and then for $2.00 I got 3 hard plastic with dense foam scientific instrument storage cases that will be repurposed.:D

Brutus Out

Local hardware stores:
--1/4" drill bit (shoulda grabbed 5/16, but it'll be close enough)
--spare set of hex-keys
--set of drill stop collars

Hobby Lobby:
--Testor Dullcote and Transparent Red spray-cans for minor finishing on TPMC's NWFA lower
--Testor contour putty for obliterating inappropriate "Auto" selector marks on EP Armory blanks

Wise Arms:
--FrogLube CLP FrogTube
--FrogLube FrogWipes

Primary Arms
--3x Anderson LPK at THIRTY BUCKS EACH! :) (Limit 3/customer, I woulda happily bought more if they'd let me.)

Tools still needed for EPL work:
--power drill w/ 1/2" chuck
--small, portable non-screw-in vise

Remaining to purchase for TPMC:
--Precision Armament Accu-Washer set

To acquire for forthcoming "mixed Mk. 18 EOD/FBI-inspired" pistol on EP Armory blank (and would appreciate suggestions on tubes and braces)...
--Core Build:
----PSA 10.5" carbine-length 1:7 upper
----DSA BCG & CH
----VLTOR CASV-EL Foliage Green FSB-slot HG (before they're all gone--DO NOT clean them out on me, you monkeyhumpers!)
----pistol buffer assembly
----FAB Defense AGF-43S-OD folding grip
----Diamondhead 1401 rear sight
--Lower-priority "comfort/fluff/addons"
----VLTOR rail sets for CASV-EL
----FAB Defense PTK-OD angled foregrip
----Badger Ordnance 249-02 Tactical CH Latch
----Indian Creek BFD blast deflector
----Precision Armament AFAB-556 flash-arresting brake
----?forearm brace
----10rd mag for normal in-well carry

Does anybody have a way I can stick a couple Picatinny rails on a pistol buffer tube so I can mount a couple spare mags other than going Tactibubba with zipties?

You could probably mount one or two 20 rd. mags on a KAK Shockwave brace with a couple of strips of velcro.

Brutus Out

I have an upper that needs a dedicated lower (been swapping back and forth with another lower to shoot it). I've had the lower and LPK for a while, but have been short the buffer tube, stock and grip. So I sent off for them today. Got a Hogue grip (haven't tried them yet, but they get great reviews a look like one I'll like) along with a Magpul ACS stock. Once these parts come in, I'll get the lower put together and get it mated to the upper.

opplanet-hogue-ar-15-m-16-rubber-grip-bvrtl-finger-grooves-15020-main.jpg

opplanet-magpul-industries-acs-rifle-stock-w-storage-fits-ar-15-m-16-mil-spec-mpimag370blk-main.jpg

When I got up this morning, a Ruger NR-9 was not foremost on my mind for my next purchase. What a difference a few hours makes. Bought right from this forum.:D

P1040219_zpsz15veqlp.jpg

WAYNO.:cool:

I have an upper that needs a dedicated lower (been swapping back and forth with another lower to shoot it). I've had the lower and LPK for a while, but have been short the buffer tube, stock and grip. So I sent off for them today. Got a Hogue grip (haven't tried them yet, but they get great reviews a look like one I'll like) along with a Magpul ACS stock. Once these parts come in, I'll get the lower put together and get it mated to the upper.

View attachment 355526

View attachment 355527

I have a Hogue on one of my EBRs. I really like it.

Brutus Out

$Budget$ crunch. Bought and paid for a kinda rare late date, (but still old) .30 Carbine USGI used but excellent condition 1.302" FIELD REJECT armorers head space gage. Now have ten+, (10+) gages and tools for the MI Carbine. Yikes!! But then again I tend to go over board on armorer's tools and such. The aforementioned gage should arrive vis USPS snail mail next week. Or month. Yikes! :)

I have thought about one of those. Any good?

Buddy bought one, as soon as I tried it I was on the hunt. Have 2 so far.
The good, they are almost as compact as the KT Sub200's. In that I can put one in a laptop case. I LOVE my S2K's but as I get old my eyes and open sights, meh. These are of course made to use optics. They seem quite well made, dead simple design easy to take down. The one BIG like for me. You buy one and they will sell you the stuff to convert them. so far 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10MM, and 45ACP. Last I heard a .22LR version is in the works. The stuff to make one of mine 10mm is on the short list.
The bad. Trigger is on par with many of these from the past. NOT good. I can live with it but it's NOTHING like say an AR. Only other problem I have found is the mags. They have long sent these out with some kind of after market mag that is CRAP. Both of mine were worthless. As soon as I put Glock mags in they run perfect after break in.
There is a lot of bad press on these for jamming. Every time I see one they were trying to use the mag that came with it. Use Glock. They are not for everyone. I LOVE PCC's. Have 5 of them. These have edged out the others to be my favorite now. When I get the 10mm stuff for one it will become my go to in the house gun.

From Dvor:
--2x Anderson ambi-safety
--1x Cold Steel Walkabout Stick cane, 38.5"
--1x Tacfire AR15 Pistol Buffer Kit w/dual ambi sling endplate

Note: While it's being used for initial build, the Tacfire and the EP poly lower it's going onto are not intended as the final configuration for my Mk 18-inspired PDW build; once I upgrade to a Tennessee Arms Liberator hybrid lower, this one's going into a .22LR "trainer".

CX4 in .45acp to go with the one in 9mm. To me a PCC is the ultimate HD gun, especially a CX4 storm loaded with proper ammo.

From the way these are starting to pop up in many configurations I have to guess we are far from alone here. I have long ago relegated my last short shotgun to safe queen in favor of a PCC for the home. These kind of things were tried before and market did not seem interested. This time they seem to have really made a splash. Certainly not for everyone but there is sure a lot of them being made now.

IMG_1783.JPG IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1785.JPG IMG_1786.JPG

Well guys there she is in all her glory the new Tikka T3 with the vortex viper! Dang I am impressed with this thing. Was shocked how light it felt for a bull barrel. Now to find a good Flash hider and get her to the range.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews