JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recieved my 2/3 idpa ar500 target from magnum target. Now to build a stand and...pew

Ding

1492218678493-350042767.jpg

This morning I bought an extention for my NWFA Membership;).

This afternoon I picked up a lightly used 9mm Shield for 200 bucks. The guy I got it from said, "It worked great at first, but lately it doesn't always feed a round every time I shoot it." Hmm. Gun looked reasonably clean and functioned. I pushed on the magazine followers and they felt gummy. I bought it and took the mags apart and degummed them. It hasn't failed yet 250 rounds:D. I love guys who don't clean their magazines.

Then I bought chocolate easter eggs (for me) because I am a 50-year-old child.

From Vltor:
--CASV-EL handguard for Mk 18-inspired pistol build (if you want a CASV, get 'em now, they're discontinued and down to Foliage Green for $125!)

From OpticsPlanet:
--Rail kit for CASV-EL

Now to figure out how much BCG I can get for a hundred bucks before the Easter Weekend sales expire...

CCI BLAZER 9MM 115GR FMJ ALUMINUM CASE
I bought 10 boxes (500 rounds) for 89.99 delivered from PSA.

I am not a supper fan of the stuff as it is dirty but it is cheap stuff to throw down range as I have some family coming over in 2 weeks for a fun day.

Edit spelling

Last Edited:
CCI BLAZER 9MM 115GR FMJ ALUMINUM CASE
I bought 10 boxes (500 rounds) for 89.99 delivered from PSA.

I am not a supper fan of the stuff as it is dirty but it is cheap stuff to through down range as I have some family coming over in 2 weeks for a fun day.
I use this ammo in my Astra A-75. It loves it. On the other hand my P38 hates it. The only 2 9mm's I own and they don't get out to play much. My Glock 22 .40 functions just fine with CCI Blazer 165GR.

I use this ammo in my Astra A-75. It loves it. On the other hand my P38 hates it. The only 2 9mm's I own and they don't get out to play much. My Glock 22 .40 functions just fine with CCI Blazer 165GR.

It seems to run fine in my 9s it is just dirty. I have a G19,17 a XD9 and a M&P9 and no problems so far but I built a 9mm AR pistol that I will try it in and we will see if it will run it.

Bought two Blade-Tech holsters,one for a XD9, the other for a XD40. Got them at Front Sight. Not much you can buy there using their credit system anymore.

Still waiting on some parts from Optics Planet to complete my next build. I don't know what Fed Ex option they use to ship, but dang, it's over a week and still en route. Tracking updates are almost comical - one day, it arrives in Seattle. The next day, it's in Tuckwilla - wtf? Tuckwilla? Isn't that practically part of Seattle? Next day it moves to Kent. If I didn't know any better, Fed Ex is walking this damn order to me. Good grief, I thought they were supposed to be fast.

Still waiting on some parts from Optics Planet to complete my next build. I don't know what Fed Ex option they use to ship, but dang, it's over a week and still en route. Tracking updates are almost comical - one day, it arrives in Seattle. The next day, it's in Tuckwilla - wtf? Tuckwilla? Isn't that practically part of Seattle? Next day it moves to Kent. If I didn't know any better, Fed Ex is walking this damn order to me. Good grief, I thought they were supposed to be fast.
Yeah, @etrain16 , they do the same thing to me here. Kent is their hub for "SmartPost" where they hand it off to USPS... they only have to deliver BY scheduled date, if things go early there's no incentive NOT to shuffle things around and run out the clock.

One of my mom's cronies is married to a Newman, I'll have to pick his brain with some of my tracking logs in AfterShip and see if he can help make sense of the process.

EDIT: AfterShip = GREAT package-tracking app, can't recommend it highly enough.

Last Edited:
Bought today: Precision Armament Accu-Washer set, the last part to complete my AR. Now I need a barrel-clamp and a vise to get the factory A2 off so my BFD and AFAB can go on... or maybe I should just wait, the pistol build will need those more.

Brownells having a free shipping any-size order day = TIME TO LOAD UP!

Hopefully you get what you ordered. My experience with Optics Planet is not a good one. Somehow they confused a Burris Fast Fire III with a NCStar version. Oh and getting the wrong mount for it as well. Ordered the mount for my 1911 and got one for an XDm.

Hopefully you get what you ordered. My experience with Optics Planet is not a good one. Somehow they confused a Burris Fast Fire III with a NCStar version. Oh and getting the wrong mount for it as well. Ordered the mount for my 1911 and got one for an XDm.

I've never had an issue with them before. Shipping is slow, but beyond that my orders have always been correct.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top