JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been stocking up during the last year with great prices on ammo & reloading supplies.
Soon as SHTF Last week I ordered yet another case from SGAmmo. It arrived today.
I sent them a thank you because there packing is unsurpassed. The case was double packed with styrofoam peanuts.
I know of no other vendor who takes the time to package so well.
While I was visiting there, I saw this message in the following picture.
For once, I got my timing right! WhooHoo!

View attachment 1739393
Noticed the price is already starting to climb again too. Not a lot yet but, this could easily set off yet another panic. Again many will not do anything until its too late just like the last time and the time before. :s0092:
We also have a trial going on here where 3 City Cops are on trial for murder for some dope head who died after they finally got in in custody. We are siting on a powder keg. If they find them not guilty we will see the same riots as last time. If they find them guilty a LOT of the City Police are going to walk. Either way this is not looking good. Already warned my boss if all goes up I may not be able to get to work for a few days. Also ordered some less lethal 12ga ammo from Sam.

Nothing wrong with price gouging on ammo. He should be honest though and say that he is halting orders to adjust pricing.
This is a capitalist economy/country.
From a business standpoint, it's simply good strategic planning.
He can always lower prices if nothing comes of the USA/world conflict.
But he cannot magically fill his warehouse shelves when there is no product to be had.

Perhaps.....
If someone wants to make a BIG/BIGGER BET on this ammo run (without getting into "Gouging"). Well maybe, one could/should INVEST some of their money, into a favorite stock(s)?

OLN
VSTO
POWW

Or the big guys in the "Military Industrial Complex"

BA
LMT
NOC
HII
LHX
HON
RTX

The above list(s) is in no particular order and they may or may not be suitable to your needs/investment portfolio or style of investing. None of this is a recommendation to BUY or Sell. As always....YOU should do your own RESEARCH into any stock BEFORE investing.

Aloha, Mark
Buying stock is fine, buying ammo is better.

Nothing wrong with price gouging on ammo. He should be honest though and say that he is halting orders to adjust pricing.
If you are talking about Sam? He has always been up front with what he is doing. His price is based on what it costs him to get the stuff. He does NOT want to try to hire and train more people for a short spurt. This costs more money than its worth. If he lets ordering get to the point it takes too many days to pack and ship then customers start to get pissed and cancel orders. He has always made it clear when the getting was good and made it clear when there was going to be problems. Many just choose to ignore anyone who tries to warn them until its too late. :s0092:

Thank You for letting members know where you have bought ammo from, with success.

My problem with the resource, ammo seek, is that I am unfamilar with many of the vendors, and do not know what it's like to do business with them.
The main thing with ordering anything on line is do they take plastic? If they do they are not going to be able to burn you. The only ones you need to avoid are any who want you to pay some other way. HUGE red flag when they want you to send them money some other way.

The main thing with ordering anything on line is do they take plastic? If they do they are not going to be able to burn you. The only ones you need to avoid are any who want you to pay some other way. HUGE red flag when they want you to send them money some other way.
And let us not forget that an unknown vendor might fill your order, a year later.
And when it arrives it's wrong or beat to crap, etc.

Speaking of stocking up. The shelves at this Cabela's (Tualatin) yesterday (10-11-2023).

Bullets,
View attachment 1739421

Brass,
View attachment 1739420

Primers,
View attachment 1739426

and Powder.
View attachment 1739430

BTW....the loaded ammo selection was also GOOD.

Aloha, Mark
Before every panic we have had the last decades this is always how it looks. If something sets off another panic it will go from that to empty shelves in a day. This has repeated itself over and over again and few ever seem to learn.

And let us not forget that an unknown vendor might fill your order, a year later.
And when it arrives it's wrong or beat to crap, etc.
If you pay the safe way and they do not ship? You ask them to just give the money back. If they refuse you tell the bank the card is drawn on and they just take the money back and take the charge off. There is a limit to how long you have to do this though. If you wait too long then the bank will tell you sorry, you are SOL. I can not for the life of me understand why so many insist on getting burned buying anything on line these days. You have to choose to allow yourself to be burned.

If you pay the safe way and they do not ship? You ask them to just give the money back. If they refuse you tell the bank the card is drawn on and they just take the money back and take the charge off. There is a limit to how long you have to do this though. If you wait too long then the bank will tell you sorry, you are SOL. I can not for the life of me understand why so many insist on getting burned buying anything on line these days. You have to choose to allow yourself to be burned.
True!

And let us not forget.
Some banks that own your plastic, are not firearm friendly.
They will be unsympathetic to your loss.

True!

And let us not forget.
Some banks that own your plastic, are not firearm friendly.
They will be unsympathetic to your loss.
The bank has no choice here. The TOS are set by Visa, MC, Amex, ect. If the bank wants to play they have to play by those rules. Now if some bank wants to not approve the sale thats fine. If they allow your plastic to be charged they then have no choice but to follow the TOS of the card. You will not see anyone being burned buying on line if they paid the safe way. Everyone one of them who you see crying they got burned insisted on paying by some other method.

The bank has no choice here. The TOS are set by Visa, MC, Amex, ect. If the bank wants to play they have to play by those rules. Now if some bank wants to not approve the sale thats fine. If they allow your plastic to be charged they then have no choice but to follow the TOS of the card. You will not see anyone being burned buying on line if they paid the safe way. Everyone one of them who you see crying they got burned insisted on paying by some other method.
Correct, in theory and law.
It's been my personal experience that in times of extreme turmoil, things seldom follow convention. You might get a credit, but how long? How much hassle?
During times of war, it's a bad plan that leaves no room for modification.
Our economy is currently in ruin, with the current admiration making it worse on a daily basis. The damages set in motion will be felt for a long time to come, if tomorrow does come. But I digress. :confused:

Correct, in theory and law.
It's been my personal experience that in times of extreme turmoil, things seldom follow convention. You might get a credit, but how long? How much hassle?
During times of war, it's a bad plan that leaves no room for modification.
Our economy is currently in ruin, with the current admiration making it worse on a daily basis. The damages set in motion will be felt for a long time to come, if tomorrow does come. But I digress. :confused:
You have had trouble with plastic?? Never heard of it and never seen it. The few times I have had to resort to what I call the Nuke Option its always been the same. As soon as I file the claim the amount is shown as challenged and no interest is added if not paid. Within a matter of days this changes to the charge being removed. It sounds like you are talking using a Debit card. This is NOT the way to pay for anything. When I say plastic I mean Credit Cards. There is no such thing as waiting for a credit. They simply remove the charge from your account. If any interest had accrued that too is removed. If you have seen or had problems you are not talking about a Credit Card, at least not in the US. I have heard other countries do not offer the same protections so that is one thing was be careful of. Few times I have bought something that was coming from outside the US and the card has always contacted me first to warn me and make sure I wanted to continue.
Again though for some reason I do not get a LOT of people love to use some other form of payment. They are the only ones getting into a problem and losing their money.

Israel [IWI] manufactures it's own 9mm, 5.56 and .308. I suspect what they need most from the US right now are missiles, bombs and artillery shells to replace what they've used already and what they anticipate needing over the next couple months.

On the subject of shipping, my SG order was a little under $350.00. For $3.50 I raised the insurance from the included $100.00 limit to the full cost, thereby covering the extra $250.00 in case the shipment was lost or damaged. I felt that 1% was worth it to limit the risk, and it raised the cost of each round by $00007 per round. Either way it rounded out to almost precisely $0.07 per round, which is pretty reasonable in today's market.

Don't know if you guys are into reloading, but...

IMR 4895.jpg

They had THIS at Cabela's Tualatin tonight. FYI.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top