JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been stocking up during the last year with great prices on ammo & reloading supplies.
Soon as SHTF Last week I ordered yet another case from SGAmmo. It arrived today.
I sent them a thank you because there packing is unsurpassed. The case was double packed with styrofoam peanuts.
I know of no other vendor who takes the time to package so well.
While I was visiting there, I saw this message in the following picture.
For once, I got my timing right! WhooHoo!

View attachment 1739393
When was the "getting good?" I have a packing slip of 10,000 primers from 2019 and the prices then compared to prices now have made me glad I have enough to keep me busy reloading for many years at the rate I am going.

I have been stocking up during the last year with great prices on ammo & reloading supplies.
Soon as SHTF Last week I ordered yet another case from SGAmmo. It arrived today.
I sent them a thank you because there packing is unsurpassed. The case was double packed with styrofoam peanuts.

View attachment 1739393
Am I missing something? What bubblegum popped off? If everyone is panicking over Israel i've got news they have been in about 8 official wars and ~6 insurgencies since their creation in 1948. Its what happens when you are surrounded my neighbors that do not want you to exists.

View attachment 1739393
The 1970s and 1980s were a good time to stock up. So I did. Good things don't always come to those who wait.

Gota few to SPARE?? :)
Yes and no. By the time they get to you they'd be the same price as buying in store.

For us Washington folks, buying AR lowers/uppers and any other desired semi-auto was the most recent purchase spree.

Honestly, while I would always be able to find more things I want, my "needs" lists is empty.

Never did get that Tavor 7 I wanted, but I was bummed they wen't with a 16" barrel on it, 18 would have been better.

Look at other ammo sites, prices are rising fast!
We can rely on Cheaper Than Dirt to set the example....

The 1970s and 1980s were a good time to stock up. So I did. Good things don't always come to those who wait.
Said many Oregon hunters who tried for decades to score Antelope or Sheep tags.

Still sitting pretty solid. The most precious thing for me is time.

Depends on where you are in relation to the Minuteman 3 Base. Might wanna put on your Ray-Bans. :)

Between that and Jellystone blowing us all up, seems like I'd be better off stocking up on SPF500000 than ammo!

When was the "getting good?" I have a packing slip of 10,000 primers from 2019 and the prices then compared to prices now have made me glad I have enough to keep me busy reloading for many years at the rate I am going.
Sadly we will never see the prices we paid for a LOT of the stuff I have stored. Still have cases of 9mm ammo I bought when it was $8 a box and of course will not see that again. That did not stop me from laying in several more each time I worked some extra. Bought some more metal and some more ammo. The "news" keeps saying inflation is a few percent. I go to the store to buy stuff and can plainly see it is FAR higher than that. Nothing will change until more pain is felt sadly. :(

I use SG to determine prices on ammo so I know if my reloading is worth the time. I won't buy factory if I can load it cheaper.
For me, it's the law of diminishing returns, weather I reload or not.
I stocked up on factory 9mm for $229 a case.
Each reload for me involves 15 to 17steps. So, a case involves ~15,000 steps. Not worth it to save $30 to $60 bucks.
9mm hollow points are a different story. I'm not going to pay $600 to$800 for JHP's when I can reload then for the same low price of FMJ's.
300WM or 338LM, I reload.

Each reload for me involves 15 to 17steps. So, a case involves ~15,000 steps. Not worth it to save $30 to $60 bucks.
9mm hollow points are a different story. I'm not going to pay $600 to$800 for JHP's when I can reload then for the same low price of FMJ's.
Understand the argument if you are a Plinker. It's all about the Cost per Round.

But then again.

For those of us who want to shoot the Left Eye out of a Squirrel versus the Right Eye, it's a different story.

Israel [IWI] manufactures it's own 9mm, 5.56 and .308. I suspect what they need most from the US right now are missiles, bombs and artillery shells to replace what they've used already and what they anticipate needing over the next couple months.
^This. The main concern at this time seems to be whether or not we will be able to meet their needs for 155mm artillery shells and suppliy Ukraine at the same time, since we have already depleted our stocks (including those that were prepositioned in Israel - Surprise, surprise! Who knew?) to supply the Ukrainians. That's why 155mm cluster munitions, which nobody likes, including our own military, were sent to the Ukies recently. There was nothing else left. Other than that, precision guided munitions seem to be the greatest need.

Some of the recent sellers that I've actually bought ammo from are.....

Target Sports USA
Brownell's
SG Ammo
LAX Ammo
FWIW, if anyone wants more input on other reliable online resources aside from standard online retailers, I've purchased from:

Mollys Place, MD
AE ammo, IN
Sportsman's Supply Co., PA
Fuquay Gun, NC
Bone Frog Gun Club, NV
LAX ammo, CA
Freedom Munitions, ID

I'm not promoting any of these businesses, by any means, or guaranteeing their prices are the best or the quality of their customer service is great. I've purchased from all of them online with no hassles, no headaches, and easy quick transactions. I always shop around for deals, so the prices I've gotten from them have been good, relative to the market, in the past. Never had problems in shipping even coming all the way from PA and MD always arrived quickly.
I also use gunbroker and ammoseek.com and always look up site's reviews before creating an account or completing a transaction. If you do end up on a sketchy site and get cheated, it really isn't too difficult to dispute the charges with the CC company. Regardless of whether or not they are sympathetic for your loss, major CC companies are obligated to retrieve the money back from fraudulent sellers if your purchase doesn't yield the product.
I hope it helps.

I picked up a case of these for $214 delivered about 2 months back. Haven't tried them yet, but the price seemed right.

IMG_2290.JPG

Did you stock up on ammo while the getting was good?
Yes, before the current blight. As in pre-plandemic. For the most part.

Still have an adequate inventory of components from pre-plandemic/start of plandemic blight. Did have to bump up on our powder inventory at the blight start, but lucked out doing so. Did so heavily at close to pre-blight pricing.

Did buy/trade for "some" .40/10mm brass & projectiles mid blight, in prep for "new" to us caliber. However did so as "wisely" as could reasonably be done for the time.

Plus bought 4 cases of manufactured 10mm from SGammo back in Feb of this year.

Everyones wants, needs & situations are different.

It would be wise to fulfill needs now, if you have them.

Given the Israeli war, no Israeli imports & our exports will shift dually. Plus election season.

In times of short supply, most any out-of-the-ordinary caliber will need to be reloaded in order to ensure having ammo to shoot. Everything from .22 Hornet on up. If you save your brass, bullets are the biggest problem, and it means keeping an eye open for what turns up on the internet or the classifieds here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top