JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know if there are provisions for allowing neighborhood watch to be 24/7 Condition1?
IMO Neighborhood Watch is a joke. Years ago we attempted to establish one, and the requirements include having an (almost) unobtainable amount of neighborhood people on a continuous rotating 24/7 patrol schedule, and conduct regular Watch meetings that have to have X amount of people attend for (something like) 12 contiguous months verified by an attending LEO, and some other stuff that requires massive amounts of your (non-existent) free time.

If you manage to do all of that, then all you basically get is some official "Neighborhood Watch" signs to post around your neighborhood…. that's about it.

I said bubblegum it, it's just easier and more effective to keep an eye out on my immediate section of the neighborhood, and if everyone does the same for their areas it'll make a huge difference. We've driven off many a shady interloper over the years that way, without enduring any neighborhood "Paul Blart" wannabe mall cop dumbarses asking endless inane questions and eating all the food at watch meetings.

Brown gets clean hands with the rise in crime. Granted, it's pretty focused to one area but the jump in violence is dramatic. She is the Kamala of the PNW. Won't go to the border, I mean Portland.
She's too busy getting the 12 power plants in Oregon shut down so the world doesn't end in 10 years. Or is it 8 now?

IMO Neighborhood Watch is a joke. Years ago we attempted to establish one, and the requirements include having an (almost) unobtainable amount of neighborhood people on a continuous rotating 24/7 patrol schedule, and conduct regular Watch meetings that have to have X amount of people attend for (something like) 12 contiguous months verified by an attending LEO, and some other stuff that requires massive amounts of your (non-existent) free time.

If you manage to do all of that, then all you basically get is some official "Neighborhood Watch" signs to post around your neighborhood…. that's about it.

I said bubblegum it, it's just easier and more effective to keep an eye out on my immediate section of the neighborhood, and if everyone does the same for their areas it'll make a huge difference. We've driven off many a shady interloper over the years that way, without enduring any neighborhood "Paul Blart" wannabe mall cop dumbarses asking endless inane questions and eating all the food at watch meetings.
YES! Good neighbors who look out for each other go a LONG way. Scum seek low hanging fruit. Place I live now my job is keep scum away when workers are not here. In the past Wife and I both were hired a few times to do this when "problems popped up". It never took long for word to spread with the scum that there was far easier fruit down the road. When we first moved in here it was like that again. No one who cared was "really taking care here" for a good while and scum were circling again. Did not take me long to scatter them to the wind again. Not to mention if all else fails I have a LOT of land and a backhoe now :s0140::s0140::s0140:

We see it in the news every day now. Whenever a suspect / crook dies in custody, big Ka-CHING for the family. Every fatality that results from the arrest process is unjustified, the crook was much loved if slightly misunderstood. Oh, and the cons in prison, those were all miscarriages of justice, jurisprudential mistakes, etc., and we've got all these people behind bars that were mistakenly incarcerated.
Oh man, spot on,

My question is how specifically did we get to this point IE collectively meaning NO ONE is a criminal and ANY actions by LE are unjustified (regardless of the crime) and everything is free and unquestioned.

Is there a specific demographic that is responsible for this? I mean it's obvious where and what over most of this originated from but it grew so quickly and seemed to 'overrule' laws and law enforcement literally overnight.

I'm probably sounding vague unclear however I understand liberal politics are largely in part for failing to control it but it seems people came out of the woodwork and at numbers never seen before as the 'activists'.

Oh man, spot on,

My question is how specifically did we get to this point IE collectively meaning NO ONE is a criminal and ANY actions by LE are unjustified (regardless of the crime) and everything is free and unquestioned.

Is there a specific demographic that is responsible for this? I mean it's obvious where and what over most of this originated from but it grew so quickly and seemed to 'overrule' laws and law enforcement literally overnight.

I'm probably sounding vague unclear however I understand liberal politics are largely in part for failing to control it but it seems people came out of the woodwork and at numbers never seen before as the 'activists'.
One party has LONG danced all around the edges of this for decades. Many who could see what was happening tried to say so. The people doing this called us kooks. Most people who are not anti Cop called us kooks. Then Trump won. One party did no just let the mask slip, they took the mask off and threw it in the trash. The other party also had at least half its "power brokers" go nuts they were so scared.
So now with a LOT of fear generated one side pulled out all stops to go for everything they have been trying to get. Many old time members of one party were shocked too but were scared to death to try to put the brakes on as BIG money was telling them to keep in line or be primarie'd and kicked to the curb. Most of them wanted real power anyway so they were not too hard to keep in line. Even now a LOT of people who voted for this will watch it happen, tell you with a strait face it is not really happening. Because they can not admit they voted for this mess. How many people with cute bumper stickers about cold dead hands sat back and watched their rights stripped away and did NOTHING. Put all this together and its easy to see why we are diving head first into the crapper.

This senseless act of gun violence could have been prevented by some common sense traffic barrels and a social worker on I5.
2A585009-08DE-48A8-9C9A-64545FD03FEE.jpeg

God we're lucky we have police in potland that DO "THE" job. Still!
Bless those men in Blue.

And hope the person that owned that car has good insurance that will provide a rental for awhile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top