JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's just property damage. No big deal.

The owner fronts the bill and writes their own police report. Cops don't show up. And even if you know who did it they won't be arrested. And if they are arrested it will only be the 50th time and they'll be let out the next day cause there aren't any public defenders…. And it's cruel and inhumane to keep them in jail until one can be appointed to them.

Don't worry though. Public Safety is a top priority….. they'll invest in more traffic barrels. That will fix it.

Lol.
100% I'm pretty realistic about what's changed that does sucks. That dynamic ^ . Not being able to arrest and charge people shooting up in public. Not having enough police. Too much garbage bc of homelessness. Too much homelessness without solutions. Half mile long encampments of broken down RVs out by the airport.

Honestly the ORDOR shouldn't be sending kickers to Multco residents, and the state should be helping fund more police in PDX and Gresham, more drug treatment and transitional housing if we want anything to get better.

100% I'm pretty realistic about what's changed that does sucks. That dynamic ^ . Not being able to arrest and charge people shooting up in public. Not having enough police. Too much garbage bc of homelessness. Too much homelessness without solutions. Half mile long encampments of broken down RVs out by the airport.

Honestly the ORDOR shouldn't be sending kickers to Multco residents, and the state should be helping fund more police in PDX and Gresham, more drug treatment and transitional housing if we want anything to get better.
Treatment only works if someone wants to get better. This is coming from a former Alcoholic so I understand what it's like to struggle with addiction.

It's a people problem. Not a resource problem.

And why would anyone want to be a cop in this state. Their hands are tied. They can't do their job. The government hates them and the community that they serve hates them.

It's on the voters.

As a recovering addict I agree with the fact that the person is usually the first part of the problem but there are resource issues in our area as well.

I have a very close friend that works at a drug/alcohol treatment center in SE Portland and they have a line of people every morning waiting and hoping to get a bed in detox.
Every day they turn people away and not from a lack of beds, they have empty beds.
What they don't have are the staffing levels needed in order to provide the care that is needed.

For some reason when we pay people to stay at home nobody wants to get a job and go to work...weird:(

I'm not sure what constitutes a resource problem for you, but this seems like one to me FWIW

As a recovering addict I agree with the fact that the person is usually the first part of the problem but there are resource issues in our area as well.

I have a very close friend that works at a drug/alcohol treatment center in SE Portland and they have a line of people every morning waiting and hoping to get a bed in detox.
Every day they turn people away and not from a lack of beds, they have empty beds.
What they don't have are the staffing levels needed in order to provide the care that is needed.

For some reason when we pay people to stay at home nobody wants to get a job and go to work...weird:(

I'm not sure what constitutes a resource problem for you, but this seems like one to me FWIW
People not wanting to work…. Is also a people problem.

They are probably on strike like everyone else. Some are in picket lines and others are on their couch.

What I really want to know is how many of the people that say they would never go to downtown PDX now actually ever went there before
We did. When we moved here 11 years ago we enjoyed going to Portland. Meals, food carts, the Saturday market, museums, activities with the kids. All of those folks are no longer getting our money.
Tolerance breeds violence.
And theft, and vandalism, and every other crime.

Those who are saying they feel safe or comfortable waking in Portland, keep in mind, you know the area. I grew up in an area that no doubt had a higher crime rate than PDX but in SoCal. If you are local, you know where you can go and when. As an occasional visitor, we do not. It's like when people were saying that only part of Portland had riots. I don't want my family to turn down the wrong street and end up on the flaming side of a Molotov.

Those who live on the nice side of a fringe area, got news for you. You live in Nordstrom. There is nothing lifet to steal in the hood so guess where criminal shop (that is where I worked in LEO much of the time). These folks were always surprised when their house or car was burglarized. I wasn't.

Treatment in Oregon has a failure rate of : 30% The first 90 days. 60% the first year. And over 80% after three years.
And 4 out of 10 required for treatment end up back in Jail or treatment within the year.
Oregon is a cesspool for drugs and a massive payday for recovery centers who slap " non profit " on the side of the building, pay huge CEO salaries and get state funding.
Oregon will, not might. Implode like Cali. Just will take a tad longer.

With Oregon being among the top States restricting police interaction, and slashing budgets. It will get far worse before it gets better.

Man if I had known this 20 years ago. I would have opened a (WINK WINK) recovery center to help addicts recover. To help the community
( wink wink)

Argus

I am in Portland Monday-Friday for work. I'm currently looking for a new job that is not located in that city. Even if it means I take a pay cut… it would be worth it.
I worked for a company with a downtown Portland office. At first the work was remote. Then the CEO announced we had to return to the office. I took a new job with a pay cut to avoid going to downtown Portland. Years ago I enjoyed downtown, and would go there after work for happy hour or on Saturdays.

I worked for a company with a downtown Portland office. At first the work was remote. Then the CEO announced we had to return to the office. I took a new job with a pay cut to avoid going to downtown Portland. Years ago I enjoyed downtown, and would go there after work for happy hour or on Saturdays.
In the 1978's was my first visit in Portland , About 15 at the time.
I loved it, I thought what a place. The ports, the water fronts were amazing.
Had a small town feel to such a large place.
Last time I was there was maybe 10 years ago. And will never return.
In 2013 it was already turning into a dump. Funny I CC every day all day.
But when I think about going to Portland. I think do I really need the hassle of that nasty place.
My answer is nope.

San Francisco was also a place that was amazing, I can remember going there and the naval bases and
what a experience it was. Just a great place to go..
Family had businesses there at one time in the 40's and 50's.
I have not been to SF in 20 years. Why? SEE Portland above.
Portland is just a few short years behind total ruin .

Argus

What I really want to know is how many of the people that say they would never go to downtown PDX now actually ever went there before
I was through there yesterday, as a matter of fact! All that's on Burnside from 23rd down is a few larger retailers. Freds, Zupans at 23? Powels, a Chevron gas station with the former work bay windows boarded up/W graffiti, maybe a couple others. The rest is EMPTY retail space. OH, that sex toy shop is still up there I believe. People with the "Oh, it's not that bad" and "OH, there's much worse places" and "If you remove anything of value you'll be fine" is the mind set that has directly led to what our city has become today.

The lack of stones in the Portland political hierarchy to deal with the protests and subsequent riots are to blame for the condition that Portland is now in. Why ANYONE would think that firebombing, rioting/destruction, and assaults are OK in a supposed civilized society is just so very troubling. And those that refuse to take a serious stand are a big part of the problem. My 2 cents

Last Edited:
They sided with the young restless younger crowd and refused to hold them accountable......and then that crowd came for them.......and they seemed to get religion, much too late.
Let them live in the hell they created. Those who choose to live in Portland turn a blind eye to the reality of what is becoming the new normal for large democrat ran cities. That's on them.

I have no pity for those who vote the way they do and then get to deal with the destruction, violence and deterioration. They asked for it in the name of "humanity/virtue signaling" so they can get it.

The sad thing is it all bleeds into neighboring cities/counties/states and affects people who want nothing to do with it.

Had to pick someone up at the airport yesterday and, against my better judgment, decided to stop at a tea shop I like (which is across from Westward Whiskey). A train stopped blocking about 10 crossings...for about 30 minutes. So I took the scenic tour of that area of Portland. What. A. Mess.

I could see my car from where I was; there is no way I would leave a vehicle in that area. Glad the tea company does mail orders but bet most who work there continue to vote for those who make the area less safe. I could see a road rage by someone waiting for that training. It was an exercise in watching 360 degrees and staying off your phone.

Let them live in the hell they created. Those who choose to live in Portland turn a blind eye to the reality of what is becoming the new normal for large democrat ran cities. That's on them.

I have no pity for those who vote the way they do and then get to deal with the destruction, violence and deterioration. They asked for it in the name of "humanity/virtue signaling" so they can get it.

The sad thing is it all bleeds into neighboring cities/counties/states and affects people who want nothing to do with it.
I agree but still have family in the suburbs.

The good people move away and the bad people prey on everyone else. What was once a great, thriving, renowned and vibrant city will struggle to survive as it's best and brightest move away and where it's tax paying base disappears. Major business and also small business moves out to the suburbs and to Vancouver (tax reasons) leaving a shell of a community. But Oregon's problem has always been that the people do not vote for the ones that will improve things, but do for the ones that promise them things. A frustrating and everlasting issue.

Would have liked to have stayed but got tired of being vilified for what I believed in. I hope that Eastern Oregon and WA are able to connect with Idaho. I hope that somebody can have a better life in Oregon. That said, I love it here in Texas.

I agree but still have family in the suburbs.

The good people move away and the bad people prey on everyone else. What was once a great, thriving, renowned and vibrant city will struggle to survive as it's best and brightest move away and where it's tax paying base disappears. Major business and also small business moves out to the suburbs and to Vancouver (tax reasons) leaving a shell of a community. But Oregon's problem has always been that the people do not vote for the ones that will improve things, but do for the ones that promise them things. A frustrating and everlasting issue.

Would have liked to have stayed but got tired of being vilified for what I believed in. I hope that Eastern Oregon and WA are able to connect with Idaho. I hope that somebody can have a better life in Oregon. That said, I love it here in Texas.
I love Oregon. I just laugh at the liberals and disregard many laws/ideologies/woke/virtual signaling BS.

I avoid the big cities (except for work - currently looking for a new job to get out of Portland).

Also very picky about who I surround myself with/invest time into.

Speaking of rich guys saving money....

1697940123356.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews