JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Witnessed an attempted robbery. Two guys sitting at bus stop. One pulled a knife and other guy fended him off by running away and throwing rocks at him. Paramedics arrived and didn't really do much but better than zero response. I didn't watch close but nobody carted away or anything and didn't notice anyone being treated so I can't imagine this was an actual job for the paramedics.

Both parties were sitting at bus stop but didn't look like they knew each other (but who knows). One guy had huge beach towel draped over front of him to block this bitter cold wind (I froze and was only outside a few min, it's crazy cold wind). Talk about being in condition white. This guy was as vulnerable as you could be. I'm guessing this was homeless on homeless crime but the way poeple dress around here honestly you can't tell the difference in this case but that my guess.

Edit: one cop just pulled in now about 45 min after. Both parties long gone.

Last Edited:
Are they really hand tied? or do they just don't care anymore… I mean 45 min response time for a knife attack is ridiculous.
It's not only their hands *may be* tied, they don't have any officers to respond.
Way back when a person living in potland still thought the elected elites cared about the people in this city, and the city itself, the news talked about the lack of officers. After that we heard about all the officers retiring, or moving elsewhere, because of the stress of having their hands tied. Eventually I quit watching any news regarding this crap hole city. It's simply come to, when you call the police, they don't come.

Last Edited:
Kotek will send in OSP to take over traffic enforcement for Wheeler since he chased off a large number of officers through his BLM scheme.

This will free up a few more Police to come take reports after you have been victimized, response time should improve to 30/35 minutes. 👍

Always carry a hammerless revolver and put your rounds in from the ammo box with gloves on. Carry the revolver in your sweatshirt or coat pocket with your dominant hand. Shoot through your coat or sweatshirt pocket at the knife thief. He would never see it coming. Anyone commiting a felony robbery deserves the asphalt temperature challenge.

Last Edited:
Kotek will send in OSP to take over traffic enforcement for Wheeler since he chased off a large number of officers through his BLM scheme.

This will free up a few more Police to come take reports after you have been victimized, response time should improve to 30/35 minutes. 👍

Well, I'm sure the newly elected Gov'ness Kotek will gladly supply certain products to stifle any bleeding….

:s0025:

all EMTs operate under a pretty strict protocol.

if the scene isn't safe, they are a no-go.

that said, the positions i've been in as an EMT….. oh boy.

that protocol is also a piece of the how the tac-medic came to be puzzle.

i'll leave any commentary on the state of pdx alone other than to say "very sad"

:)

Always carry a hammerless revolver and put your rounds in from the ammo box with gloves on. Carry the revolver in your sweatshirt or coat pocket with your dominant hand. Shoot through your coat or sweatshirt pocket at the knife thief. He would never see it coming. Anyone commiting a felony robbery deserves the asphalt temperature challenge.
Active Self Protection reference...nice! Don't want to see the above scenario happen, but if it does, hopefully it's on camera for John to dissect.

Good tips 👍

Good tips 👍
Well, with a revolver those shell casings are coming with you. On a cold dark night under questionable circumstances in a situation with no witnesses in downtown liberalville Portland, I wouldn't think twice leaving the dirtbag there to bleed out from a stomach .357 blast if he was threatening my life. Last thing you want is to be convicted of attempted murder if he says you were the aggressor if no one was there to witness it. Calling the police to save his life will cause you more legal problems more than likely if no one witnessed it. If he dies, you are golden because it's your word against a dead guy, then sure call the police. 👌. It's sad that as a law abiding citizen, you have to worry about losing your freedom and potentially everything civilly to some bubbleguming meth head.

Last Edited:
Country music usually nails life on the head but sometimes rap music does too. Public Enemy was right! 🤣

" So get up, get, get, get down
911 is a joke in yo town"

There is no anonymity on forums or any other place on the Internet, only the illusion of such. Always be careful of what you post.
Nothing illegal about posting theoretical scenarios. Shooting through a coat is a great defensive carry maneuver for a dirtbag about to stab you. Also, not leaving tons of evidence so some prosecutor can fabricate a story against you is just smart business in a justified shooting scenario. If some guy was trying to stab you and you shot him (pretend there are no witnesses to say you were justified- highly unlikely but potentially possible) would you call for help knowing you are probably going to get railroaded by a prosecutor and potentially face criminal charges as well as get sued civilly? Not worth it in my opinion. Carrying a weapon is a great responsibility and you had better think long and hard before you ever use it. I also think as a citizen in a super liberal climate, they are always looking to pin someone to the wall. Best bet is to just not put yourself in a place to be a victim. I avoid Portland like the plague because I don't want to be in a bad scenario. If I lived in Houston Texas, I wouldn't be as worried about having to use lethal force if my life was on the line. Criminals seem to get all the leeway in the world out here and everyone knows it's true. It's disgusting and until the local leadership changes every law abiding conceal carry holder justifiably should be terrified of ever having to use their weapon defensively. Look at the hell Kyle Rittenhouse went through as he was being
beat by objects and had a loaded gun pointed at his head and he barely was cleared…and he had dozens of witnesses and thankfully a video of the entire encounter. Think if it's just you vs the meth head..see my point?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR