JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting video and I only watched it because I know a guy who had something very similar happen to him - IE the guy I know pulling a gun during a road rage situation.

Because of this I looked up original articles about this guy (Bukosky) and interestingly one article reports:
Bukosky told police he thought the other driver was reaching for a gun, so he pointed his own weapon at him and yelled, "No, no, no."

So - initially he tells the cops HE THOUGHT the other guy was reaching for a gun - but then later says he DID in fact see a gun.

Also in the original articles it appears Bukosky may have shown more aggression as it was reported:
Bukosky yelled at the driver, who was using his grandfather's vehicle with Illinois plates, "I'm going to kick your bubblegum to your state."

When the man looked at Bukosky, Bukosky was pointing a black handgun at him, yelling "that's right, don't (expletive) around in a concealed carry state."

I am not going to pass judgement, or take a side but there are some differences between what was originally reported and what he is saying in the video.

Interesting video and I only watched it because I know a guy who had something very similar happen to him - IE the guy I know pulling a gun during a road rage situation.

Because of this I looked up original articles about this guy (Bukosky) and interestingly one article reports:
Bukosky told police he thought the other driver was reaching for a gun, so he pointed his own weapon at him and yelled, "No, no, no."

So - initially he tells the cops HE THOUGHT the other guy was reaching for a gun - but then later says he DID in fact see a gun.

Also in the original articles it appears Bukosky may have shown more aggression as it was reported:
Bukosky yelled at the driver, who was using his grandfather's vehicle with Illinois plates, "I'm going to kick your bubblegum to your state."

When the man looked at Bukosky, Bukosky was pointing a black handgun at him, yelling "that's right, don't (expletive) around in a concealed carry state."

I am not going to pass judgement, or take a side but there are some differences between what was originally reported and what he is saying in the video.
Road rage is among one of the dumbest reasons to have a bad day.

I predict that prosecuting the victims of violence that fight back will become more common, especially in the west coast states.

"We can't have those taxpayers getting uppity and start thinking they can protect themselves better than we can."

Jay Inslee-- "Defund the police! Defund"
:s0013:

If you've ever wondered how horribly wrong things can go in a defensive situation, you don't have to look any further than Kyle Rittenhouse.

That dude should have NEVER have been arrested, let alone charged and sent to trial. He broke no laws, and his situation was about as 'textbook" self defense as one can get, with the entire event captured on video. But none of that mattered. His prosecution was entirely political.

God help you if you are on the wrong political side, or you actions don't comport with the current dominant narrative/political thinking.

Now assuming this is the "rest of the story" so to speak I will not be feeling sorry for the guy. Going to draw a gun on someone best make damn sure you can control your emotions. If not don't even carry.

I see what I call "road rage bumper-pool" occurring every damned day on the highways….
For years I was leaving one job to head to another on the other side of the county at rush hour. I got used to it but still was often surprised I did not see at least one wreck every damn day. Had Wife with me one morning as I was making the drive and she was FREAKING out. I said its like this every damn weekday out here, you just don't normally see it. When one of these bozo's starts waving a gun? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Thanks @The Heretic for the interesting post. It piqued my curiosity so listened to all of it. Like @RVTECH I'm not going to pass judgment as I was not there, and the dog knocked my crystal ball off my desk and broke it as well.

But after listening to the guy, 10 years after the event...I know why the police questioned him the way they did. Many of his statements raised my eyebrows. He talks about because of his NRA Defensive Handgun training, he accelerated through the intersection to avoid the situation...like he was taught. Didn't your "NRA Training" teach you to avoid this situation in the first place? Like avoiding pulling up next to him, rolling your window down, exchanging words, and putting yourself in the position in the first place?

He said he accelerated as he drew his gun after the other person either reached for or pointed a gun at him, depending on the version. If you start to accelerate as you are drawing a gun while seated in a vehicle, the other person is not going to see your gun because you will not be there, no matter how fast your draw time is. Both parties call 911 but only one (him) has a gun on them. I'm not saying he is guilty, but I can see why the police might think continued questioning was deserved.

His attorney tries to make a big deal that some casing or cartridges were found in the other person's vehicle that he explained belonged to a friend, maybe, maybe not. They also focus on the other guy said he saw the other guy cocked the gun. Didn't hear his exact words but he easily could have perceived a motion (the gun moving up) that appeared that way. (It was striker fired gun.) Easy to explain and not a smoking gun proving guilt or innocence. After all, only one person was found with a gun. The defense attorney is stretching like they are paid to do.

It would be easy to have a takeaway of, "Don't talk to the police," which of course they mention. IMHO it would be far better to stick to Mas Ayoob's limited information to the police then say you will talk more after legal counsel. Otherwise, the other person gives his side of the story then you lawyer up and are the one with a gun...not a good optic. We each have the decision to make here and this "NRA Training" should have discussed thinking about these options. The guy in the video comes across as he can't stop talking, Logorrhea is the technical term.

In the end, charges were dropped and he talks about being exonerated. Nope, the DA's office just felt they didn't have a case leading to a reasonable certainty of conviction - very different from not being guilty of something. Not saying he is but to quote Henry Winkler in Here Comes the Boom, "Mistakes were made."

Good learning opportunities and thanks again Heretic!

I retired my side arm and got rid of my CHL. I'm getting too old to risk prison. Guns are useless to me. I have all these guns and for what. For nothing. Waste of money. All hyped up over some right I never had. I'm embarrassed how stupid I was years ago. I was really into guns and was proud to carry. Now I could care less. I laugh at people who are still in the bubble. They really think they still have the right to defend themselves. One look around the country says otherwise. Good people go to prison everyday for justified use of force. I'm not going to end up like them. I'm disgusted in America and in Republicans voting for tougher laws against gun crimes. If it's not justified you will get life or 25 at the least. This once great nation is a sick joke as is the state of Oregon and Washington

I retired my side arm and got rid of my CHL. I'm getting too old to risk prison. Guns are useless to me. I have all these guns and for what. For nothing. Waste of money. All hyped up over some right I never had. I'm embarrassed how stupid I was years ago. I was really into guns and was proud to carry. Now I could care less. I laugh at people who are still in the bubble. They really think they still have the right to defend themselves. One look around the country says otherwise. Good people go to prison everyday for justified use of force. I'm not going to end up like them. I'm disgusted in America and in Republicans voting for tougher laws against gun crimes. If it's not justified you will get life or 25 at the least. This once great nation is a sick joke as is the state of Oregon and Washington
The subterfuge is getting more elaborate to convince people to disarm themselves, I'll give you credit for that.

Other than your newfound disdain towards the 2nd Amendment, which other parts of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights have you forsaken?

After all those years have you ever looked up how many DGUs happen annually?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top