JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This incident happened in Lamont, CA, near Bakersfield, last October. The 3 robbers who murdered the father and son were all black Americans. Two were quickly arrested. A third was arrested the next day, after this bulletin below was released to the press describing him:

lamont%20wanted_1477523717050_12329820_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

The father had originally come to America as a Mexican farm worker. But he saved up enough money to eventually open up a store, that also sold gas, and cashed checks. Being it was a check cashing business, the robbers obviously wanted to get more cash.

Here are photos of the dead 59 yr old father, and his 28 yr old son. The son also leaves behind a wife and two young children.

3e8ad5f2-53db-4346-9d3f-24ee0bfef3e0-large16x9_LamontShootingvictims.jpg

At least we can take comfort in the fact that both father and son are now both with God, and that all of the suspects are now awaiting trial for capital murder.

Lance Jacobs

At least we can take comfort in the fact that both father and son are now both with God, and that all of the suspects are now awaiting trial for capital murder.

I take no comfort in any aspect of the murder of innocent people. This like any crime where people are murdered should have not happened. This people still deserve to be here living there lives.

Now the perps deserve to be stood up and shot and hopefully rot in hell. That I take comfort in.

Great thread. I've gone back-and-forth on this issue over the past year. As a scientist, I'm accustomed to acquiring data to help guide decision making. According to my training notes, my best time to draw and fire two rounds on target (7 yards distance) is 1.66 seconds from a IWB holster at ~4:30 (under a shirt) with a Glock 43. If I incorporate racking the slide to chamber the first round, my time goes up to 1.94 seconds (0.28 seconds slower). My best splits are ~0.16 seconds, so this amounts to almost 2 additional rounds fired (which may or may not be needed in a real situation). I would consider myself an intermediate shooter, but maybe not.

That said, I agree with many others here; it would be a hard decision on whether or not to draw while at gun point at that close distance, chambered or not. IF the bad guy's splits were twice as slow as mine (call it 0.3 seconds), he'd still get 5 shots off before I could draw and fire with one in the chamber. Maybe I should practice more...

Last Edited:
According to my training notes, my best time to draw and fire two rounds on target (7 yards distance) is 1.66 seconds from a IWB holster at ~4:30 (under a shirt) with a Glock 43.

If someone has a gun in their hand with finger on the trigger they can pull it in less than .5 second.

That said, I agree with many others here; it would be a hard decision on whether or not to draw while at gun point at that close distance, chambered or not.

This is not a hard decision at all. There are tons of training videos and scenarios that clearly prove this would be a fatal move. You have to go to a back up plan, and hope it works.

When my Dad was teaching me to fly airplanes, he told me it does not mean sh*t where you are right now,too late for that, where you are going to be in 15 seconds means everything and to plan for that.

Good point. It may only take one right? I'd make you're point even stronger, shots from even low ready can be made in half that time.

I think the 'hard decision' is whether to try to defend oneself (and your son in this case), or hope that the BG will be satisfied with theft without violence. I hope (like we all do) that I'm never in that situation.

Great thread. I've gone back-and-forth on this issue over the past year. As a scientist, I'm accustomed to acquiring data to help guide decision making. According to my training notes, my best time to draw and fire two rounds on target (7 yards distance) is 1.66 seconds from a IWB holster at ~4:30 (under a shirt) with a Glock 43. If I incorporate racking the slide to chamber the first round, my time goes up to 1.94 seconds (0.28 seconds slower). My best splits are ~0.16 seconds, so this amounts to almost 2 additional rounds fired (which may or may not be needed in a real situation). I would consider myself an intermediate shooter, but maybe not.

That said, I agree with many others here; it would be a hard decision on whether or not to draw while at gun point at that close distance, chambered or not. IF the bad guy's splits were twice as slow as mine (call it 0.3 seconds), he'd still get 5 shots off before I could draw and fire with one in the chamber. Maybe I should practice more...

You are factoring in your best times at racking the slide and shooting in a non stressful situation, You need to add in that you would be in extreme stress and have Adrenalin running through your system maybe making your motions jerky.

I always keep 1 in the chamber now and this video proved to me that it was a good decision on my part (I am still trying to get my brother to carry 1 chambered) I would only draw and fire if he took attention away from me and I thought I could pull it off or.. if I thought he was going to shoot me anyway and I figure I should try to take him with me.

You are factoring in your best times at racking the slide and shooting in a non stressful situation, You need to add in that you would be in extreme stress and have Adrenalin running through your system maybe making your motions jerky.

I always keep 1 in the chamber now and this video proved to me that it was a good decision on my part (I am still trying to get my brother to carry 1 chambered) I would only draw and fire if he took attention away from me and I thought I could pull it off or.. if I thought he was going to shoot me anyway and I figure I should try to take him with me.
Good point. Ultimately, the take home is that my best times (under no stress WITH one in the pipe) aren't fast enough. One in the chamber, yes, but that same adrenaline may slow a person's decision to react in the first place; which may or may not be beneficial (is the BG just using his gun as leverage to steal, or does he intend to kill?).

Sorry that happened , but...
Just what the hell were you* thinking , having a loaded gun in the hands of a toddler?
* not the poster ... the dumbazz gunowner who let a toddler have a loaded gun...

I would like to think that many more folks who carry , one in the chamber or not , would never do anything this stupid.

A whole host of reasons and ways to prevent this come to mind.
Number one being that location and time was not the time and location to look at a gun.
Number two being that guns are not toys to be played with or pointed at others.
Andy

Last Edited:
I've seen the video before, the guy has the weapon in a shoulder holster and the kid comes up pulls it out and then fires. Just another example of situational awareness and complacency IMHO

Hollywood sells the idea when actors cycle a round in the chamber of semiautomatic or lever action the situation is getting serious. Have overhead and been told by naïve people bad guys will leave upon hearing that noise? Television entertainment and movies are an awful place to get firearms training. Real world thugs and criminals might have excellent hearing but the last thing they should hear when confronted with a aimed preloaded weapon is the dirt being shoveled on their caskets.
So shoot to wound and bury alive?
LoL I couldn't help myself

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top