JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where to even begin with all the foolery?? Other than the utter incompetence of the "security guard", they are running a cash only business... aka., prime target... and don't use an exterior camera to vet incoming before allowing access via an electronically controlled locked door?

Looking past all that... a perp that has already demonstrated their willingness to commit murder is still alive, moving, with a firearm still in their hand... and neither of the employees think to keep their eye on him with their firearm at the ready to finish him at the slightest twitch their direction??

Oh no... they'll do even one better! Completely turn his back to the perp to give him the best "open" to pop off another round.

It's sad these types of things happen, but then again, failing to take common sense measures to minimize risk and all but provide every opportunity for a perp to continue an attack makes it much more difficult to have whole heaps of empathy for them.

I've been working on security on my house with the goal of slowing any home invader down as much as possible, and adding motion sensors to alert me to their presence.

I also keep pistols in every room I spend time, except the bathroom, because of the extreme humidity.

I'm lucky in that my house is a long rectangle with no windows on the ends. I put security bars on everything on the back of my house. My 4 motion sensors are back to back in the center of the outside walls, 2 front, 2 back, and they catch all movement within a couple of feet of my house.

The writing on the wall says everything is going to get much worse in the future, and I want to be way ahead of the game.
Easier to simply carry, even when home. YMMV, so you do you.

So if the security guy returns to work. the first thing is don't be sleeping on the couch. sit or stand where he has a good view of the door and interior. and put a bullet proof barrier between him and the customers. and practice shooting around barriers. DR

This topic seems to have been discussed allot here over the last 20 years.

Unless you have John Wick cat like movie agility and response.

A firearm without chamber is for all argument sake unloaded.

The major issue is virgin chamber carriers aways comes down to they are cautious
about carrying with it chambered.

In California, being unloaded is used against you in court.
Theory is, if you had time to rack a round, you could have ran away. ( and get shot in the back)
The laws there are setup to specifically punish you for staying alive.

In this situation, the level of stupid is high.
1. You have a guard? WTF? Cause you think bad stuff will happen. So the go to is have the guard at his most vulnerable?

2. Chillin all Gangsta with gun on the table. So much for the element of surprise nimrod. ( why I hate open carry ) as a means of defense.

3. Most weed shops have two stage entrances. To check ID and then let you in. If you need a Armed Guard?
But you have open door entrance?

God I hate stupid people with guns. I support taking a IQ test before you can own one.
Duh, gees whiz what is common sense?

Texas Original opened the first medical marijuana dispensary in Texas in 2018, paving the way for thousands of Texans to legally access this medicine. Now, just six years later, the state's Compassionate Use Program has become far more accessible for millions of Texans.

Great, now we have to deal with the smell and crime if we move to Texas.

If that security guard was a little more ready, maybe he wouldn't have gotten ventilated so many times.
He located himself in a place without cover and didn't have his pistol close at hand and charged.

I don't like store's entry set up where 3 or 4 BG's can easily rush in.
Probably hard for a small store to provide a more secure entrance.

If that security guard was a little more ready, maybe he wouldn't have gotten ventilated so many times.
He located himself in a place without cover and didn't have his pistol close at hand and charged.

I don't like store's entry set up where 3 or 4 BG's can easily rush in.
Probably hard for a small store to provide a more secure entrance.
Its 3 am in a Pot Shop. A camera outside an intercom, and an electronic door lock. The security guard says hold your ID up for the camera before he opens the door. DR

This topic seems to have been discussed allot here over the last 20 years.

Unless you have John Wick cat like movie agility and response.

A firearm without chamber is for all argument sake unloaded.

The major issue is virgin chamber carriers aways comes down to they are cautious
about carrying with it chambered.

In California, being unloaded is used against you in court.
Theory is, if you had time to rack a round, you could have ran away. ( and get shot in the back)
The laws there are setup to specifically punish you for staying alive.

In this situation, the level of stupid is high.
1. You have a guard? WTF? Cause you think bad stuff will happen. So the go to is have the guard at his most vulnerable?

2. Chillin all Gangsta with gun on the table. So much for the element of surprise nimrod. ( why I hate open carry ) as a means of defense.

3. Most weed shops have two stage entrances. To check ID and then let you in. If you need a Armed Guard?
But you have open door entrance?

God I hate stupid people with guns. I support taking a IQ test before you can own one.
Duh, gees whiz what is common sense?
"A firearm without chamber is for all argument sake unloaded" I 100% agree.

To quote the late James Yeager, "If you're going to carry around an unloaded firearm, why even bother to carry a firearm at all."

I was trying to think of a gun that woudl have given guard an advantage in that situation (assuming it ready to rock I mean). Maybe shotgun with barrel pointed to floor then all he would have to do is raise it, aim and fire. Similar with 3oo BLK or AR pistol. On body carry an mp5k or similar smaller subgun like an evo or Stribog woudl work also.

As it was, let's say bad guy has a Glock. Guard has to reach for his Glock, rack a round in, and only then would blue be evenly matched to the assailant. Seems better to overmatch assailant from the get go. I suppose some guns would scare customers more or something though. Could always conceal deploy a subgun though. Fe:

The guard who produced an uzi from under his sport coat during the Reagan shooting is another example.

View attachment 1853746
Really though a short shotgun or .308 pistol the first shot is going to splatter the first bad guy and second guy is gonna be running. Could strategically place it where it's hidden toward back of the couch he was sitting on and wouldn't be that visible to customers. Bufferless 300 BLK or bufferless AR pistol would be even smaller.
The gaurd with the uzi must be listening to AC/DC's "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" in his earpiece judging by his left hand.

1000003124.jpg

A veritable POT-luck of stupid behavior.
A cornucopia of morons.

morons-morons-everywhere-f93afh.jpg

You're an actual security guard at a high threat target like a dispensary and you don't have a round in the chamber? That is a very special kind of stupid.

I also wonder why these places don't have those double, bullet proof, security doors like banks do. Seems like they would be well worth the money at a dispensary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top