JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Confuse Us Say;
empty chamber in gun, like fishing without tying hook to your line until need is felt....
...will be without "point" when needed!;)

Last Edited:
Empty chamber and the wife carries the magazine. Make sure the boss says it's ok.

I really don't get it. Having to work a safety or a long trigger is too much for many. Now throw in the need to chamber a round in a stressful or panic moment ? Do you not trust yourself or your pistol. Keep that smoke wagon holstered if that's your pistol type. If your not ready, what's the point.

A guy with a knife will get you up close unless you're dam fast as it is.

.Having to work a safety or a long trigger is too much for many. Now throw in the need to chamber a round in a stressful or panic moment ? Do you not trust yourself or your pistol. Keep that smoke wagon holstered if that's your pistol type..
?
Some will argue that a DA revolver is the fastest gun..
ya gotta know how to use it though.

?
Some will argue that a DA revolver is the fastest gun..
ya gotta know how to use it though.

I'm not saying otherwise.
The DA\SA is my favorite no safety design. Usually it's a 226 w 20 round mag on my nightstand.
Should I have one in the chamber ? :D

Yep, your most effective firearm is the one you can shoot. No argument there. :)

Hollywood sells the idea when actors cycle a round in the chamber of semiautomatic or lever action the situation is getting serious. Have overhead and been told by naïve people bad guys will leave upon hearing that noise? Television entertainment and movies are an awful place to get firearms training. Real world thugs and criminals might have excellent hearing but the last thing they should hear when confronted with a aimed preloaded weapon is the dirt being shoveled on their caskets.

Hollywood sells the idea when actors cycle a round in the chamber of semiautomatic or lever action the situation is getting serious. Have overhead and been told by naïve people bad guys will leave upon hearing that noise? Television entertainment and movies are an awful place to get firearms training. Real world thugs and criminals might have excellent hearing but the last thing they should hear when confronted with a aimed preloaded weapon is the dirt being shoveled on their caskets.

Or the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked.

And get rid of that damned magazine safety.:mad:
Lack of one was the only thing I really liked about the 1911.:eek: :p

*Note: If you leave a round chambered for an extended period
of time, make sure it has a nickel case. Brass will tend to corrode
and stick in the chamber.:(

Or the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked.

Absolutely, I get so irritated when I hear things like that. Similarly people who think they can just show their gun and the bad guys will run away.

I tend think by the time anyone finds out I'm carrying a gun, they will have already been shot.

Some folks just cannot get it through their heads to carry in condition 1 all the time, or to use a design that puts a live round under the hammer or behind the pin all the time. Watch that video a few more times so see how painfully stupid it is to try and rack the slide, dude was still trying desperately to rack his slide while breathing his last! I sure in He11 wouldn't want my last thoughts to be "why didn't I carry with one chambered?" He also broke one of the cardinal rules of gun fighting, NEVER DRAW ON A DRAWN GUN!!! He had time to turn away and fumble about with his gun, he should have just handed over the cash and complied, instead, he and his son are dead because he miss placed his faith in something he believed in and probably never practiced what he believed!

Really painful to watch stuff like this, but critical that we do watch and learn from it. I have long carried with a round in the chamber, I wouldn't do it any other way. I'm also not a fan of a manual safety lever as it's one more thing that can go wrong and that split second, especially if you fumble the safety could end up just like this guy. Key is as @Ura-Ki and others have mentioned, you have to practice with whatever you carry so you know, without thinking, exactly what you need to do and what you can do (your limits).

You also don't have to draw your gun if you're carrying, as the video points out, these two, if they had complied, may have both lived, we really can't know. Many of these types of events happen without the bad guys firing a shot. Damn, it's only money, property, etc. Unless your life or someone else's is in immediate/imminent danger, why try to confront an already drawn gun? Really it's all speculation until you find yourself in that situation, but I am really hopeful to never have to draw my gun in such an instance. If I do, I only hope that my training kicks in and I'm faster, and more accurate, than they are.

When I worked at McD's and Fred Meyer years ago, the rule was always to simply comply with their demands, don't try to be hero over a few bucks. My mother was working at a credit union 25 or so years ago and was held up at the counter at gun point - she complied, handed over whatever they had on hand and the bad guy left with no one injured. Scared the crap out of her, but she and her co-workers survived without anything more than a story and some emotional turmoil.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews