JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Again, not really relevant to the discussion, though I'd say yes they can conceal carry.

The relevant thing is CHL and SBRs.

ORS 166.262 is specific.. in that it tells LEOs that they can't be going around arresting or charging people who have either a valid CHL, or proof of being LEOs or proof of honorably discharged/retired LEOs. There are no other carveouts in this specific law for anyone else in ORS 166.260 from what I could find.
It says they shouldn't be arresting certain people for doing certain things, which isn't the same as saying they shouldn't arrest certain people from doing practically anything.

Red Herring again. There is no ORS that says a person adjudicated insane is able to legally have or keep a CHL, if that person did not get relief from that prohibition.

Meaning.. the Sheriff has a duty to revoke the CHL from the person in question.

Edit. That's why the wording VALID. If a person is found insane or committed, then the Sheriff has a duty by law to revoke the CHL thereby making it INVALID, and loses the protection of the relevant ORS.

And you're a nobody as well. That's we are having (what ought to be) a civil discussion about how this particular law works. But you just keep insulting and not saying anything.
I'm still waiting for you to cite something other than your feelings....

Lots of stones being thrown from glass houses.

FYI, I'm not about to moderate posts just because people's feelings are hurt. Especially when those people are the one's with transparent domiciles.

Let's get back on topic, politely. :)

Red Herring again. There is no ORS that says a person adjudicated insane is able to legally have or keep a CHL, if that person did not get relief from that prohibition.

Meaning.. the Sheriff has a duty to revoke the CHL from the person in question.

Edit. That's why the wording VALID. If a person is found insane or committed, then the Sheriff has a duty by law to revoke the CHL thereby making it INVALID, and loses the protection of the relevant ORS.
Did you read it? It says that it would be "cause to revoke" and that the Sheriff "may revoke" the CHL. Where do you see "duty" or even "must revoke"?

Did you read it? It says that it would be "cause to revoke" and that the Sheriff "may revoke" the CHL. Where do you see "duty" or even "must revoke"?
Do you believe anything you write? Or do your fingers work faster than your eighth grade reading level brain (legislation is written at the eighth grade reading level so your can't complain about this) :s0140:

Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely :D) let's stop the personal attacks mmmkayyyy?

Do you believe anything you write? Or do your fingers work faster than your eighth grade reading level brain (legislation is written at the eighth grade reading level so your can't complain about this) :s0140:
Congratulations on being able to insult me with impunity.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads