JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Correct! Also from everything I've read having a pocket clip showing is enough to avoid "concealed". But everyone should do their own research -and I don't want to look it up again.

Around here we have goofballs open carrying machetes (usually homeless type people), Samarai swords, and fantasy type swords. Before they encrypted police dispatch I heard probably around 10 such police calls and police don't hassle them unless they are threatening poeple. Scares peopel enough to call the police though when they see them.

I always thought some of the bayonets would be a good thing to carry on belt if someone were doing that sort of thing (not me). Watching some of the medieval and older historians they always say if you hold it in your hand and reverse it back to your elbow it should reach your elbow or farther as far as length. Fe this k31 bayonet would be easy to open carry on belt but I never would. Used to carry switchblades of various types until I found my favorite knife (Civivi D2) and like many other non-spring assisted flippers/other mechanism they open just as fast one handed as a switchblade.

Elbow length bayonet next to 3.8" blade Civivi for reference:
View attachment 1449301
I bought an otf switchblade not too long ago for nostalgic purposes but it's too big and heavy so the kershaw flip is usually in the pocket instead.

Like you said it opens just as fast with one hand and is small/light enough to pack it and forget it.

I carry a lot of sh!t on my person on a daily basis. Never have I, desire too, or will conceal carry a SBR. If I need a rifle SHlT has his the fan and I'm not too concerned with legalities at that point.

And if we are talking about goofy pistols with slide out braces, PCCs and the like I'll just stick with the handgun. Pistol calibers. Pistol.

If I'm upgrading to a rifle it's cause I want the proper cartridge. Not another 9mm in an oversized platform.

Add the legalities of an SBR and the lack of knowledge on the side of LE leaves me with a headache I'd rather avoid.

This is simply my opinion. Do what you want.

Right. That's why you're so happy when states like WA or OR pass their own weapon laws. "States rights", yay!
You mean like when Montana passed their Firearms Freedom Act in 2008 which allowed residents of Montana to buy, build, own, transfer NFA manufactured or made firearms within Montana without invoking the NFA tax stamps or Federal licenses, along with other firearms? :rolleyes:

Or when Texas recently passed a law that says Texans can own Texas made silencers without NFA paperwork/stamps? 🤔

You mean like when Montana passed their Firearms Freedom Act in 2008 which allowed residents of Montana to buy, build, own, transfer NFA manufactured or made firearms within Montana without invoking the NFA tax stamps or Federal licenses, along with other firearms? :rolleyes:

Or when Texas recently passed a law that says Texans can own Texas made silencers without NFA paperwork/stamps? 🤔
Sure. Or when you can legally buy pot by state law but it violates federal gun laws. Whatever. Let's make the laws a booby trap for everyone. (Just like we complain the brace regulation does.)

However, fed gun laws are interstate commerce laws, so maybe Texans can do that.

Feds told Montana they couldn't do that because Feds had "Federal Supremacy Clause" and "sole authority to regulate NFA and firearms" as well as claiming it would impact interstate commerce of firearms :rolleyes:

Haven't heard if Texas made it through or not.

Sure. Or when you can legally buy pot by state law but it violates federal gun laws. Whatever. Let's make the laws a booby trap for everyone. (Just like we complain the brace regulation does.)

However, fed gun laws are interstate commerce laws, so maybe Texans can do that.
How about just do what you want and keep your mouth shut?

It's interstate commerce. You should do some research, as the exception you're talking about is whether UPS or FedEx can be prosecuted for transporting them.

I am a dealer in them. Theres a whole cert class I have to do to sell them. Its just USPS that cannot handle them. I can sell them in my state and have them shipped to me by common carrier and sell them in state no problem. If I sell them out of state I have to ship common carrier. You think they only sell them in Oregon ( where they make a lot ) or whatever state is is they make them in? Really? My EDC is a buck automatic. Came by fedex.

§ 1244. Exceptions

Sections 1242 and 1243 of this title shall not apply to –

(1) any common carrier or contract carrier, with respect to any switchblade knife shipped, transported, or delivered for shipment in interstate commerce in the ordinary course of business;

This section only applies to §1242. It exempts the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx or any other commercial delivery service from being guilty of violating the law while transporting switchblades over state lines. NOTE, however, that Title 18, Part 1, Crimes Chapter 83 (below) restricts shipping of switchblades via the U.S. Postal Service.

Last Edited:
How about just do what you want and keep your mouth shut?
Yeah, do whatever you want. But what we constantly discuss is how we want this or that minutia to be validated by law, and that everyone that disagrees is a traitor to the constitution.

You want to build an illegal machinegun to use on your land - more power to you. But the moment you embezzle or whatever and get investigated, you're going to get it. And I'm fine with that.

I am a dealer in them. Theres a whole cert class I have to do to sell them. Its just USPS that cannot handle them. I can sell them in my state and have them shipped to me by common carrier and sell them in state no problem. If I sell them out of state I have to ship common carrier. You think they only sell them in Oregon ( where they make a lot ) or whatever state is is they make them in? Really? My EDC is a buck automatic. Came by fedex.
You seem to be confusing the law with the (lack of) enforcement of that law. You are breaking the law when you sell switchblades in interstate commerce to anyone that doesn't meet the exceptions written in the law.

Probably because it is the ATF, not the AKTF. If there was a switchblade enforcement agency things would be different. However, there is a Postal Inspector, which is why that portion of the act gets enforced.

Yeah, do whatever you want. But what we constantly discuss is how we want this or that minutia to be validated by law, and that everyone that disagrees is a traitor to the constitution.

You want to build an illegal machinegun to use on your land - more power to you. But the moment you embezzle or whatever and get investigated, you're going to get it. And I'm fine with that.
It's called consequences for your actions.

Risk mitigation. Choose what you're comfortable with. Avoid what your not. It's simple.

If you don't like the law enough then break it. Don't come crying when you get arrested.

Or

If you don't like the law and the penalties are enough to make you follow said law then do so.

It's all personal choice. We make our own choices and have to live with the possible consequences. That's it. Simple. B!tching online does nothing.

It's called consequences for your actions.

Risk mitigation. Choose what you're comfortable with. Avoid what your not. It's simple.

If you don't like the law enough then break it. Don't come crying when you get arrested.

Or

If you don't like the law and the penalties are enough to make you follow said law then do so.

It's all personal choice. We make our own choices and have to live with the possible consequences. That's it. Simple. B!tching online does nothing.
I couldn't agree more.

You seem to be confusing the law with the (lack of) enforcement of that law. You are breaking the law when you sell switchblades in interstate commerce to anyone that doesn't meet the exceptions written in the law.

Probably because it is the ATF, not the AKTF. If there was a switchblade enforcement agency things would be different. However, there is a Postal Inspector, which is why that portion of the act gets enforced.
I dont deal with he postal inspector. Its just illegal to ship by the post office.

Just dont buy one. You'll be safe.

I dont deal with he postal inspector. Its just illegal to ship by the post office.

I prefer fixed blades. Can we argue about those laws?

Just kidding. We would both be waisting our time. Lol.

I said I owned one.

The Postal Inspector is the law enforcement agency that investigates and prosecutes the portion of the switchblade act that involves USPS. No other agency enforces the rest of the act, which is why there is interstate trade in automatics. The smart businesses pretend they are only selling to those customers that say they are legal to buy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top