JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if I could afford any Bug Out Vehicle, I would like to try my chances in the Air!

I also found this picture while looking..LMAO... just had to share totally off topic...

bernanke-helicopter.jpg

It really depends on where you want to survive?
For some, survival might be best achieved in an urban enviroment where they can more easily blend in.
You will have to look hard to find this Smart car which has ingeniously found a way to blend into the urban develpment around it.
Brilliant!

Diesel Chevy 4x4 full size. Pre electronic BS (6.2/6.5 I THINK) Pick up, Blazer, Sub. Pick your people space. Parts will be every where, tough, will run on diesel, JP8, Bio-diesel, cooking oil, gas oil mix, kerosene, what ever you can lay your hands on. Room to haul stuff (no matter what body you choose), and with a non military paint job, will blend in with any urban environment.

Diesel Chevy 4x4 full size. Pre electronic BS (6.2/6.5 I THINK) Pick up, Blazer, Sub. Pick your people space. Parts will be every where, tough, will run on diesel, JP8, Bio-diesel, cooking oil, gas oil mix, kerosene, what ever you can lay your hands on. Room to haul stuff (no matter what body you choose), and with a non military paint job, will blend in with any urban environment.

Kinda like this?

091208brownscamp 028.jpg

here is my truck...

Its got - 90w clear strobes
4-Shome hideaway LED panel strobes
Grover 24" shudder airhorn

airbags front + rear
7.3l Turbo Diesel (one of 2 years with factory forged pistons)
2chips stacked for about 340hp and 760Lb of Tq over stock...

lifted 6" w/ 38" tires

Its the most badass farmtruck Ive ever owned!

DSCF0812.jpg

oh yeah, and it gets 21mpg when I set my chip to economy mode....

When you say "pre electronic BS" do you just mean the injection pump? I think you need to go even more industrial to not rely on any electronics.

Simple a Baja bug. wont get stuck, great gas milage, smooth riding off road. probably not going to brake down, but if it does you can fix anything on it in no time wth almost no tools. heres pictures of the one I biult.

I can, & have, push started my bug on several occasions, by myself. I'll go you one better. I can chock the front tires, lift ONE rear tire, wrap a rope around it, throw it in a high gear , turn the ignition on, pull the rope, & pull start my car. I'll put money on this.

Standard starting method for a model T. I loved the two bugs I owned. Second one lost it's clutch on the mainland. Shifted with out the clutch to the ferry boat from mukilteo to Clinton and turned off the key and hit the break. Started it, in gear, to get on the ferry and repeated to get off the ferry and home.

Nice.

As bizarre as it sounds, I'd have to say mine would be a 1979 Toyota Corolla. Virtually bulletproof. Light enough to push out of ditches, deep water, etc. High enough ground clearance to attempt most of anything. And good gas mileage. I had one years ago, and did some amazing things with it. I hit and killed 3 deer with it. Once I launched it completely off the ground into water so deep it came in through the doors. My buddies and I simply pushed it out and went on our merry way. I could push start the damn thing myself, and for years it had a wooden dowel pounded into the engine where a hose once went. We used to take it up the logging roads in winter to play in the snow, and had a blast...

Sounds like and treated like most of the Toyota Corollas we saw in Afghanistan...;) Except for the bulletproof part lol :)

When you say "pre electronic BS" do you just mean the injection pump? I think you need to go even more industrial to not rely on any electronics.
Yeah, the injection pump, ECU, trans. control, ect. You would still have electrical in the truck, but nothing essential to making it run that could not be bypassed. Glow plugs could be hot wired if the control for them was out.
They are old "dirty" diesel tech. so they will run on anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top