JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been wearing my Omega Seamaster Titanium everyday for 2.5 years (extensive travel, hiking, diving, outdoors). Very durable and the Ti does not show wear as much as the stainless model, not to mention it is so much lighter.

IMG_8627.jpeg

I didn't get my Omega as an expensive luxury watch. No braggin' for me. I got it because of the kind of work I was doing (underwater salvage) and I wanted the toughest, most durable watch I could get. Needed to be self winding as no one guarantees waterproof after a battery change.

I've destroyed g-shocks and others as well. Over the years I've spent more on watches than this Omega cost me new. I'm betting it's the last watch I'll ever have to buy.

No one has ever noticed it. I don't get "nice watch" comments. To me, it's just a tool.

I buy Mac and Snap-on tools over Walmart and harbor freight as well. I still have a lot of Craftsman that I inherited back when they were still a top brand. I've broken and worn out all kind of tools but rarely a top shelf brand.

Sometimes, you do get what you pay for. The things that I need are not "expensive" they are a long term "investment" the combined value of my tools exceed the combined value of my home, car, and gun collection.

While I have inexpensive guns, none are "cheap" and my small EDC collection are top shelf or professionally tuned. Most common EDC is a Wilson X-TAC. Summer carry is a tuned P365 or a tuned S&W 60. I have a few others, but those are the top 3, all were tuned and well proven to be accurate and as reliable as a hammer.

On the other hand, I have a recently aquired a 3" Taurus 856 that I had "tuned". It's proven itself to be just as accurate as any S&W I own and more reliable that my Colt KC. Great trigger too. It may not be as durable as the others, time will tell. But until it starts wearing, it handles and shoots very well.

If I were a die hard EDC revolver man, I'd own a Korth.

Last Edited:
I didn't get my Omega as an expensive luxury watch. No braggin' for me. I got it because of the kind of work I was doing (underwater salvage) and I wanted the toughest, most durable watch I could get. Needed to be self winding as no one guarantees waterproof after a battery change.

I've destroyed g-shocks and others as well. Over the years I've spent more on watches than this Omega cost me new. I'm betting it's the last watch I'll ever have to buy.

No one has ever noticed it. I don't get "nice watch" comments. To me, it's just a tool.

I buy Mac and Snap-on tools over Walmart and harbor freight as well. I still have a lot of Craftsman that I inherited back when they were still a top brand. I've broken and worn out all kind of tools but rarely a top shelf brand.

Sometimes, you do get what you pay for. The things that I need are not "expensive" they are a long term "investment" the combined value of my tools exceed the combined value of my home, car, and gun collection.

While I have inexpensive guns, none are "cheap" and my small EDC collection are top shelf or professionally tuned. Most common EDC is a Wilson X-TAC. Summer carry is a tuned P365 or a tuned S&W 60. I have a few others, but those are the top 3, all were tuned and well proven to be accurate and as reliable as a hammer.

On the other hand, I have a recently aquired Taurus that I had "tuned". It's proven itself to be just as accurate as any S&W I own and more reliable that my Colt KC. Great trigger too. It may not be as durable as the others, time will tell. But until it starts wearing, it handles and shoots very well.

If I were a die hard EDC revolver man, I'd own a Korth.
I bought my Omega for a few reasons, but not for the purposes of 'showing off'; in-fact the Ti version of the Seamastter is quite a bit less 'blingy' than the stainless version as Ti has a slightly matte finish. I wanted one watch that I can wear during every activity, which includes a lot of diving activity during holidays. Like you, I've ruined a bunch of lesser watches while my Omega looks nearly new despite being worn every day.

I believe in 'rewarding' companies that produce very high quality products with my business, in turn supporting their skilled employees. Same mindset in-terms of buying tools and other 'durable goods'. High quality products don't wind up in landfills, which is a bonus.

Just be aware these watches have a crystal that will scratch if you look at it wrong. I got an iPhone cover and cut it down accordingly.
Higher quality watches use sapphire crystal vs. mineral crystal -- sapphire crystal is much more scratch resistant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top