JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had Seiko, Casio, Bulova and smashed them all. Bought a Swiss Army / Wenger analog only with a sapphire crystal back in '07 and wore out three bands on it. After the third band broke, my wife bought me a Suunto Core. I really liked it but killed it after only 18 months. The next one only lasted a year.
Every time I think about getting another band for the Swiss Army watch, I shrug and say nah.
I've also stopped using GPS when hiking and gone back to my roots, coated topo maps and a transit compass. For hunting, I'll use my phone with Basemap and airplane mode.
I stopped wearing watches. Time doesn't mean much. I'm already late for my funeral.

I've had Seiko, Casio, Bulova and smashed them all. Bought a Swiss Army / Wenger analog only with a sapphire crystal back in '07 and wore out three bands on it. After the third band broke, my wife bought me a Suunto Core. I really liked it but killed it after only 18 months. The next one only lasted a year.
Every time I think about getting another band for the Swiss Army watch, I shrug and say nah.
I've also stopped using GPS when hiking and gone back to my roots, coated topo maps and a transit compass. For hunting, I'll use my phone with Basemap and airplane mode.
I stopped wearing watches. Time doesn't mean much. I'm already late for my funeral.
I've never owned a GPS. To this day, I still use USGS 7.5-minute quads and a Suunto compass.

I've never owned a GPS. To this day, I still use USGS 7.5-minute quads and a Suunto compass.
Yeah, used a Brunton Geo for years, not sure if I loaned it to the BIL or the ex sold it, but it's gone. When I went to replace it, I was aghast at how much they now cost. Currently have a CMMG, and it's OK, not nearly as nice as the Brunton.

Yeah, used a Brunton Geo for years, not sure if I loaned it to the BIL or the ex sold it, but it's gone. When I went to replace it, I was aghast at how much they now cost. Currently have a CMMG, and it's OK, not nearly as nice as the Brunton.
I have the Grand Sobo's Brunton that he got when he was 23 years old (he's 93 now, so that compass is old) and enlisted in the Army Signal Corps. I rarely take it out, although I used a Brunton during my college years while exploring and mapping cave systems in Virginia and West Virginia. Very accurate machines, those Brintons...

Last Edited:
Compasses...
I have a Compass , Magnetic NSN 6605-00-151-5337 , one each... :D
By Stocker & Yale , that followed me home from the Army.
Doesn't get used much now as it once did...but does bring back memories.

I also have a copy of the Whitney Compass used by Lewis and Clark....that is fun to use from time to time.

Watches...
I love a good mechanical watch...be it a wrist watch or pocket watch.
I've owed expensive models and cheap beater models.

Right now I have a knock off copy of a 1968 Seiko Turtle the "Captain Willard" model...yes it is from China.
However...it has held up well and keeps good time...all for just under $100 when I bought it new.
Nope it ain't as good as an actual Seiko...but I couldn't afford a real Seiko at that time...and I needed a watch..so there ya go.
One day I will get a actual Seiko Turtle...:D
Andy

Big fan of the Casio solar powered Pro Trek line. Bought one in 2020 and it's still going strong. Love the tide feature, since I like to fish.

Compasses...
I have a Compass , Magnetic NSN 6605-00-151-5337 , one each... :D
By Stocker & Yale , that followed me home from the Army.
Doesn't get used much now as it once did...but does bring back memories.

I also have a copy of the Whitney Compass used by Lewis and Clark....that is fun to use from time to time.

Watches...
I love a good mechanical watch...be it a wrist watch or pocket watch.
I've owed expensive models and cheap beater models.

Right now I have a knock off copy of a 1968 Seiko Turtle the "Captain Willard" model...yes it is from China.
However...it has held up well and keeps good time...all for just under $100 when I bought it new.
Nope it ain't as good as an actual Seiko...but I couldn't afford a real Seiko at that time...and I needed a watch..so there ya go.
One day I will get a actual Seiko Turtle...:D
Andy
My purpose in life has been fulfilled..

Nice....can I have your guns...? :D
Andy
He's got some AR-15s - you don't want those. I'll take them off your hands for ya when he hands everything over to ya. And everything else that doesn't take a burning rope, a flint, a percussion cap, or black powder... ;)

He's got some AR-15s - you don't want those. I'll take them off your hands for ya when he hands everything over to ya. And everything else that doesn't take a burning rope, a flint, a percussion cap, or black powder... ;)
Hey now ...
I own some modern guns....

Just to show a few...:D
Eek...I probably broke the internet now.....:eek: :D
Andy

:eek: You said in another post last night that you didn't have any AR-15s! WTF!!!??? :s0001:

Suddenly, my world as I have known it has crashed... everything you say now is suspect... :oops:

:s0111::D

Last Edited:
For watches I own and still wear a 1963 vintage Heuer Autavia that My dad gave me upon graduation from my AIT school!
1689186507156.png
Most days, I wear an MTM watch, they are strong, reliable and if I were to break it, it's not the Heuer!
1689186735398.png

I'm a bit late to the thread....I have owned, worked with and dove a lot of watches over too damn many decades...My current watch is my favorite watch yet....Steinhart.

Have owned this for a number of years.....value for money is great and the watch itself is good quality throughout. The band is screwed rather than pinned. Domed sapphire face. Anti scratch coating has been amazing given the things I do. Anti reflective coatings is very good. Ceramic bezel. Accuracy is good. Euro/Swiss movements. Pretty wide selection of styles and sizes.

This is the one I have had for years. It's been rock solid.
https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/diver-watch-42mm/ocean-one-vintage-red.html

US buyers pay the lower non VAT price. Arrived at my front door within days of order.

Last Edited:
Everyday watch is a Citizen EcoDrive Blue Angels Edition. Solar powered and has never run out of power. It checks in periodically with the radio broadcast time service, so it's always spot on. Also has a slide rule which I've never used, but know how if I need to.

Dress watch is an engraved gold 1927 Hamilton Tonneau that belonged to my Dad. Still running and keeping good time after nearly a hundred years.

20230712_120913.jpg

After years of looking for a watch for daily wear and one that could last thru a period of emergency I settled for two watches. A Citizen Tough watch which I bought used for about $150 and it still looks new without a scratch. The crystal, case and band are treated for hardness. The 2nd is a Seiko Land Turtle which has a similar look to the Capt Willard and runs about $300 new. Both are excellent watches.

61HHdnksTxL._AC_UY1000_.jpg SRPG15K1-SEIKO-wrist-768x768.jpg

My Seiko Monster from 2003- still going strong….

IMG_0669.jpeg

And a 2005 Monster I had redialed and matte finished by Yobokies who was a big Seiko customizer back in the day….

IMG_0671.jpeg

I'll second that Citizens Eco-Drive Skyhawk Radio Controlled Blue Angels Edition. Great watch, charges the battery under just normal light conditions and sync's up with the nearest Atomic Clock several times a week. Great everyday watch! Provides exact, consistent time without any interaction from me.

0F1F763C-E2D1-424A-9857-22396F54CDE2.jpeg

Dress watch is either a Vintage Pulsar Executive (middle school graduation gift in 1976)
6CF08C65-2975-4178-8F03-0F173ECA12D5.jpeg

Or a Seiko Mickey Mouse on gold sunburst from the 1980's.
8C8B9FAE-6F3B-48B7-AB5C-5786171C9841.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads