JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You'd think that until you held one, some things should just be left alone, same for double stack 1911's

You're right about the double stack 1911. I have one of the RIA double stacks. That is a gigantic chunk of metal in the hand.

I'd still like to see a 3rd gen Smith double stack 10. The 4006TSW doesn't feel like the brick the double stack 1911 is.

Why weren't you impressed with the 1076? I far prefer my 1026 but the only difference is the extra barrel length really. Not sure why you'd like that one better.

Im kind of in the mood for a metal pistol. I've done 1911s when I started out. I can't get myself to enjoy that platform. I never really liked Sigs. I really don't like things on slides, so the Berettas are kind of out. CZs intrigue me, but I feel like I'd like a P07 over anything 75 based. I couldn't find anyone that owned a Kahr T9, which looks like a beautiful pistol.

I'm likely unaware of many others that are out there. Things that I've never gotten to shoot or just know little about.

So, what's your favorite 9mm all metal gun and why?
Last I was there, AFT in Gresham had a very nice kahr T9 for a reasonable price.

I'd still like to see a 3rd gen Smith double stack 10. The 4006TSW doesn't feel like the brick the double stack 1911 is.

I think the increased length of the 10, which is like the 45acp, over the 40 will make the difference noticeable.

Why weren't you impressed with the 1076? I far prefer my 1026 but the only difference is the extra barrel length really. Not sure why you'd like that one better.

The decocker just seemed like a cheesey after thought to me. That was a typo, I meant 1046 not 1026. My thoughts are the DAO models would closely emulate the 610 revolver I had. FYI there was a recall on the decocker models.

Last Edited:
The decocker just seemed like a cheesey after thought to me. That was a typo, I meant 1046 not 1026. My thoughts are the DAO models would closely emulate the 610 revolver I had. FYI there was a recall on the decocker models

Si. The frame mounted decocker was in response to the FBI request for one IIRC.

There was a recall, I think in rare cases the decocker could lock up the gun permanently. All of mine have the twin dimples under the decocking lever indicating it was fixed. Not sure if that recall would give me reason to not trust the gun.

Good freaking luck finding that 1046 ;). Rarest of the rare.

Well new guns have a couple tried and true platforms, the 1911 and CZ. I went with Lionheart the new ones have Novak style sights, mine is a older LH9 (No 'N') with three dot sights and the old diamond grip panels. I had to file down the diamond points as they seemed too aggressive barehanded. Very accurate. Great single action trigger, okay double action trigger , and the best triple action or "Double action plus" trigger.

That last one may have caught your attention as it is a rare feature. Called a gimmick by those who don't actually own one. I do own one and I call it a feature. This is a hammer fired gun. When you rack the gun to chamber a round, you can then carry the gun cocked and locked like a 1911, OR you could move the hammer forward with a finger or thumb and holster it "Locked or Unlocked" the scary hammer would be down. to fire you place the safety in the off position, acquire the target, move your finger to the trigger and a easy short trigger pull re-cocks the hammer and a short easy further pull, fires the gun. Personally I like it.

The only time it would fire double action is if the were a misfire and a second strike would ignite the primer.

It will confuse instructors, Front Sight required it to be carried 'cocked and locked' when loaded, like a 1911.

I have never liked external safeties, even on a 1911, but I can live with them. If you can't live without them this is worthy of consideration.

I do not fancy 9 MM that much, but this is one I really like.

It is based on the old Dae Woo DP-51 carried by the South Korean military. The parts were re-designed are made mostly in South Korea for Lionheart and the gun mostly assembled there. It is finished in Renton Washington as a Lionheart. They make many models now, and since 2015 they went All American (I just read that, mine is Korean)

If I were to buy a 9MM pistol today it would be a Lionheart.

Si. The frame mounted decocker was in response to the FBI request for one IIRC.

There was a recall, I think in rare cases the decocker could lock up the gun permanently. All of mine have the twin dimples under the decocking lever indicating it was fixed. Not sure if that recall would give me reason to not trust the gun.

Good freaking luck finding that 1046 ;). Rarest of the rare.

Yes to all.

Don't be afraid to go with EAA Witness/Tanfoglios over a CZ. They have more of a selection and are cheaper for what you get. My family are Tanfoglio fans and have not had problems with customer service if you know what you are doing. I recently purchased a EAA Witness Steel Compact and love it - no decocker, to go with the rest of my Tanfoglio collection. Upgrading is not as easy as a CZ, but you can generally get what you want without the need to upgrade.

CZ 75 SP01....for many reasons that others bring to the table as well but there is one thing CZ offers no one else does ....the grip....nothing else feels as good as a CZ bar none and I've shot all the popular steel choices . I also LOVE the slide in frame .....its on ball bearings , you wont find a smoother slide in a production combat pistol.
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0695 - Copy.JPG

one thing to expect . The trigger isnt as nice as you might hope. I am a big trigger snob though . The single action let off is good but the reset is loooong. Double action is a little stiff. I went through mine with a Cajun Gun Works set up years ago and its about like a nice 1911 now but the reset still long. CGW now sells a reset reduction but I've gotten used to it so I'm leaving it. All the work is doable by the owner......if the owner is into working on guns some .

CZ 75 SP01....for many reasons that others bring to the table as well but there is one thing CZ offers no one else does ....the grip....nothing else feels as good as a CZ bar none and I've shot all the popular steel choices . I also LOVE the slide in frame .....its on ball bearings , you wont find a smoother slide in a production combat pistol.
View attachment 513166
View attachment 513167
View attachment 513168

I don't know if they're still the same (didn't CZ change their trigger to the "Omega" trigger or something?), but when I got my SP01 in .40 about 7 years ago I'd read you should dry fire the snot out of it in double action, empty of course, while holding the hammer down. I did that and it really smoothed the grit out of the single action pull.

I don't know if they're still the same (didn't CZ change their trigger to the "Omega" trigger or something?), but when I got my SP01 in .40 about 7 years ago I'd read you should dry fire the snot out of it in double action, empty of course, while holding the hammer down. I did that and it really smoothed the grit out of the single action pull.
dry firing does smooth them out , that OEM hammer spring is stout .....guessing to activate any primer. I changed mine out and haven't had a problem at all but I also lightened the FP return spring as to lighten the resistance to the hammer . 1000's of rounds reliable .

Something to note about the CZ75. While most all modern firearms can safely dry fire till the cows come home , with the exception of any rim fire , the CZ75 uses a roll pin to retain the firing pin . So repetitive dry firing will hammer the roll pin and if you like to practice dry firing you should look into a carbide firing pin retainer.

OEM after about 2000 dry fire pulls . Cresent dent is from the the firing pin striking it .
Copy of IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG

Interesting. I've heard tell these are pretty easy to work on, but when I look at that cage affair thing where all the teeny tiny springs and other bits to fly around I don't care to delve into that. I presume though that the retainer pin you're showing is a pretty straight forward job? I am mechanically inclined.

Interesting. I've heard tell these are pretty easy to work on, but when I look at that cage affair thing where all the teeny tiny springs and other bits to fly around I don't care to delve into that. I presume though that the retainer pin you're showing is a pretty straight forward job? I am mechanically inclined.
Yes you are right on both accounts. The de cocker cage is rough but doable .... the safety version is much nicer to work on . Slave pins make the job nicer to do .
The retaining pin is straight up , drive out the oem pin , empty the guts from the slide , mine was super dirty inside so I was glad to have the opportunity to clean it out . It's a good opportunity to put a lighter spring on the fire if pin block as well . That will lighten the trigger pull a tad .
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG

Yes you are right on both accounts. The de cocker cage is rough but doable .... the safety version is much nicer to work on . Slave pins make the job nicer to do .

Yeah, I heard that. I'm against slavery, so. :D But it sounds interesting to do the roll pin. I hate having machinery that I can't get inside to clean completely.

I bought my wife a Star Firestar back in the old days. A small lunk but man would that thing shoot.
A long, long, time ago, I. A state, far, far away...

I had a Star Firestar .40 in Starvel finish... That thing bucked like an unbroken horse, but sure was fun to shoot. If I were to add .40 back to the stable, I'd seek one out for sure, that thing never missed a tick...

A long, long, time ago, I. A state, far, far away...

I had a Star Firestar .40 in Starvel finish... That thing bucked like an unbroken horse, but sure was fun to shoot. If I were to add .40 back to the stable, I'd seek one out for sure, that thing never missed a tick...
I'd imagine that about the .40. I had the bright finish one too in 9mm.. it was about the ideal size/weight ratio for shooting (and man, would that thing shoot) but it was a bit of a lunk to carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top