JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Four Questions, each of which sets up the next. Some of these will look familiar, but familiarity might lead you astray. Kinda fun, but mostly dopey. :D

1. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of lead?

2. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of gold?

3. Which weighs more, a pound of cotton or a pound of gold?

4. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of water (at room temperature) ?

Which ounce did you have in mind?
1710725149053.png

Four Questions, each of which sets up the next. Some of these will look familiar, but familiarity might lead you astray. Kinda fun, but mostly dopey. :D

1. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of lead?

2. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of gold?

3. Which weighs more, a pound of cotton or a pound of gold?

4. Which weighs more, an ounce of cotton or an ounce of water (at room temperature) ?
Does anyone really fall for that?

And an ounce of steak is a full serving but not for normal sized people
Man I hate that! The few times the wife and I go out for fancy dinner dates. They bring me a steak 2 inches in diameter, 6 green beans, 2 small shrimp and a potatoe the size of a silver dollar. That'll be 85.00. I get looks from the wife when I hit the Wendy's window on the way home! That's not a serving size damn it!

You've suffered long enough. The answers are

1. Both the lead and the cotton weigh the same (1 ounce = 28.35 grams). This is an avoirdupois ounce.

2. Gold. 1 troy ounce = 31.1 grams.

3. Cotton. 1 lb = 16 oz (453.6 grams), whereas 1 troy lb = 12 troy ounces (373.25 grams).

4. Water. 1 fluid ounce of water weighs 29.52 grams at room temperature.

Doncha love a quiz where an ounce of gold weighs more than an ounce of cotton, but a pound of cotton weighs more than a pound of gold? Where's your inner geek? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top