JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has thingy on slide, not my cup of tea, but got me looking at older SW semis. They have a bunch of older metal models.

I'm with you there, I have never been a fan of the Walther style safety even though I did like the 3rd gen S&W's. As you've been looking you have no doubt run across the DAO and frame mounted decocker models which do not have the slide located safety.

As to the OP, I have also been having a hankering for a new old school pre-Glock style wonder-nine. Think I'm going with a Beretta/Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical. I like the modern and refined take on this piece. The G-model solves the lame safety thing, I like the shortened, target crowned S.S. barrel, heavy slide, improved checkering and slim G10 grips. Good sights with removable dovetail fronts. Smooth as glass Wilson worked action and trigger.

A CZ85 would be my second choice.

Looking at the prices of the CZs and Tangos I've deemed fit, I think I need to reconsider models that have lots of dongles and such.

Has thingy on slide, not my cup of tea, but got me looking at older SW semis. They have a bunch of older metal models.

S&W 1076 or 1026... All stainless... no slide thingy... Shoots a "real man's cartridge" /s

Only wish they were double stack.

But really CZs, Sigs, 3rd gen Smiths.... That describes just about 90% of my pistols.

So I think I've come to the conclusion I'll likely purchase a SP01 Tactical Suppressor Ready in time to come. Fits all the desired things I'd need.

If only it came in black.

S&W 1076 or 1026... All stainless... no slide thingy...

Had a 1076, wasn't super impressed with the decocker models, wish I had a 1046 or 1086, would have been a perfect mate to my 610 that is now long gone.

Only wish they were double stack.

You'd think that until you held one, some things should just be left alone, same for double stack 1911's

Last Edited:
So I think I've come to the conclusion I'll likely purchase a SP01 Tactical Suppressor Ready in time to come. Fits all the desired things I'd need.

Before that model was available I had CZ Custom build me one that is similar. Pretty amazing pistol that is still less expensive than a lot of "factory" tuned guns. Plus it is setup exactly how I want it.

This case accompanied me on my last trip to CZ Custom. They do really great trigger jobs on both the decocker and standard models.

CZs_in_case.jpg

I've always wanted one a those.. and one a these too!.
Not all that long ago, you couldn't give the Benellis away. Any left in the late 70s early 80s were going for less than $200, as I recall. Single stack in a double stack world. Now they are sought after collector's items. Oh, well.

I know that Berettas are excellent pistols, but compared to the Benelli and Bernardelli, they just don't do anything for me. Besides, everyone has seen/handled/shot a Beretta. Not so the other two.

LOL, you are showing your age old man, that was 4 decades ago plus change.
Shhhhhhh! OK, late 70s. Man, nothing slips by here!

Thinking back, the last price I saw was something on the order of $169. SILE Distributors was one of the importers. What I remember was that the B-76 was a bear to field strip and reassemble.

CZ did produce what you are after a year or two ago, but maybe not currently? I favor the black over FDE finish CZ offers many of their suppressor ready models in. I bought mine in '16 or '17 and really enjoy it.

DFA2FA38-1610-4156-99C1-036C4D3FF863.jpeg

Baby Eagle and Jericho, gotta give some luvin fer the Israeli's! Well Proven and reliable as death and taxes, and accurate as heck!
The kid bought an IWI Jericho as his first gun. All steel, polygon bore, CZ75 design. It will never wear out or need all that much cleaning. My only nit to pick is typical of the sllde-inside-frame autos: that the top of the frame at the rear could use some mild reliefs so that the hand could get a better purchase on the slide serrations. Other than that, as HD as all get out.

For me......

All steel would be a BHP. It's SA for the first shot and all shots thereafter.
BHP-Mk-III-003.jpg

Steel slide with an alloy lower would be a Sig P series. It's DA/SA.
GEDC0817.jpg

The S&W 3rd Gen would/could also do it, except that it has the safety on the slide. It's DA/SA.
S-W-3rd-Gen-008.jpg

Aloha, Mark

A literally unknown 9mm in theUS. IIRC, it was based on/inspired by the Walther P-88.
I wouldn't say it's literally unknown in the US, but it certainly doesn't come w a built-in fan base like the others mentioned (BHP, 3G S&W, etc).

If it's based off the excellent (and retardedly expensive) Walther P88 then they definitely could've done worse. If I had a spare G laying around I'd be on GB looking for one right now...

no really... I'd pay someone to put a clutch in my truck cuz I don't wanna do it, but you get the idea :s0164:

I wouldn't say it's literally unknown in the US, but it certainly doesn't come w a built-in fan base like the others mentioned (BHP, 3G S&W, etc).

If it's based off the excellent (and retardedly expensive) Walther P88 then they definitely could've done worse. If I had a spare G laying around I'd be on GB looking for one right now...

no really... I'd pay someone to put a clutch in my truck cuz I don't wanna do it, but you get the idea :s0164:
"Obscure"? Bersa is known for 380s, but the nines remain relatively unknown.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top