JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this model is so far my favorite for features and aesthetics. Probably would shoot better than I could.

View attachment 511797
These are pistols that when someone says "a pistol is for running for your rifle!" you just lol and think what the f for?

upload_2018-10-24_21-45-46-jpeg.jpg

I don't know if it's me, probably, but I've been buddies with Gaston for a while now and when I see a bunch of doohickeys in the side of a pistol it bothers me for some reason.

Don't fear the doohickey, they're just misunderstood. They even make a goober proof version - a decocker only model.

Also if just a shooter, Bersa Thunder 9. Full size, compacts, or subcompact. 17+1, 15+1, or 12+1. Frame mounted safety/decocker as God (and the holy prophet John Moses Browning) intended. Ambi controls. Glock friendly sight picture, but using steel sights not plastic. Good ergos. Better quality than Taurus.

Ruger 1911 in 9x19

Ruger KP89DC - a decock only, stainless variant of their P89. Chunky, but shoots like a laser. Huge slide to soak up recoil. Trigger pull less horrible than most any other $300 auto. No slide serrations, but big slide mounted decocker that gives more than enough bite for casual use. Baby Jesus and force ghost JMB cry over slide mounted stuff, but the gun is reliable so it gets a pass.

Also, if you can find one, a Beretta 92M - its a compact single stack version of the 92FS. They need to bring it back...

I was sportin' some wood for one of these a few yrs ago (in .45, though)
images-19.jpg
Bersa Thunder Pro 9. I just thought it was cool looking but it has some useful features.
I eventually bought an SAR K2 45 instead... an all-steel CZ platform (again) high cap .45 (not available in 9mm).

I was sportin' some wood for one of these a few yrs ago (in .45, though)
View attachment 511857
Bersa Thunder Pro 9. I just thought it was cool looking but it has some useful features.
I eventually bought an SAR K2 45 instead... an all-steel CZ platform (again) high cap .45 (not available in 9mm).

I had a upc thunder in 45the frame was aluminum vs steel . accurate nice shooting pistol

I had a upc thunder in 45the frame was aluminum vs steel . accurate nice shooting pistol
Yeah... aluminum alloys being what they are, it's pretty hard to come up with a contemporary all-steel pistol thats not a Witness or a 1911... so I'm reaching.

I'd like to try a UPC 45... I'm kinda full-up on plasic framed strikers, but want a compact 45.

Yeah... aluminum alloys being what they are, it's pretty hard to come up with a contemporary all-steel pistol thats not a Witness or a 1911... so I'm reaching.

I'd like to try a UPC 45... I'm kinda full-up on plasic framed strikers, but want a compact 45.
I Trust the bersa .Has a 3.5 inch ? barrel. But was very thick for E D C . I like it better than any of the plastic pistols I owned .

I Trust the bersa .Has a 3.5 inch ? barrel. But was very thick for E D C . I like it better than any of the plastic pistols I owned .
Got me looking again :rolleyes:.
The UPC 45 is about the same size as my EDC P99c (9mm) but is .15" wider (< 5/32") and, if you believe Walther and Bersa specs, almost 2 oz lighter... the extra width is probably more than accounted for in the ambi controls.

Last Edited:
Too bad you're not closer, I've got an older all steel Tanfoglio Witness I'm selling, I'd be glad to let you take it for a test run, I think you'd be impressed, I sure was the first time I shot it. I was impressed enough by the "CZ pattern pistol" that I'm pretty much going all in with CZ's with decockers, got a P07 a few weeks ago, and a PCR last week. All my other non-CZ, non-decockers are up for sale or trade. As others have said, though, CZ or 1911 are about your only choices in an all steel pistol. Good luck.

Dave

This ain't too bad looking. I bet it shoots well.

View attachment 511793

If you're looking for an all steel range gun, and not for carry. The gun you take to the range, in the case and open it on the bench sort of thing. ....The Tanfoglio models that are single action only have a completely different trigger pull from the double/single action triggers. The polygonal barrel is a must too. It's probably what sets them apart from the other all steel guns mentioned. Well, beside the way the slides are. There's also a bunch of mods that can be done by someone that wants to get into the trigger works.

I don't know if you ever brave coming in and crossing the river, but I'd be happy to meet you at the Johnson Creek Club and let you shoot the three we have.

Got me looking again :rolleyes:.
The UPC 45 is about the same size as my EDC P99c (9mm) but is .15" wider (< 5/32") and, if you believe Walther and Bersa specs, almost 2 oz lighter... the extra width is probably more than accounted for in the ambi controls.

The slide is fat on the 45 . some had a stainless colored slide mine is all black . don't see the upc in 45 around but rarely .the 380 is common

Last Edited:
Wish I still had my Hi-Power and P-38... both good shooters. I do, however, still retain and shoot a S&W 659 I bought in 1981, only because the Seals blessed it for their inventory, albeit brief. I have put thousands of rounds through it, even my own crummy hand loads and it never fails me.

The slide is fat on the 45 . some had a stainless colored slide mine is all black . don't see the upc in 45 around but rarely .the 380 is common
I found a few of the 45s on GunBroker, but that's not something I want to buy used unless I can look it over first. I had a Thunder380 once upon a time. It was a decent piece and I still have a nice leather IWB holster for it... used it for a German Makarov up until just a few yrs ago when I let plastic and striker guns invade my happy home.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top