JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its because all the pics would all look like black plastic blobs of robot poop. The reason you see "Post picks of your 1911's" or "post pics of your Browning High Power" is because they are woks of art in addition to firearms, tools, hobbys etc. They have history they have depth, they draw you in from afar with their multiple use of medium and materials, their contours and the interplay between wood, (some) plastic, steel and alloy. Glocks just take a bunch of already existing technology and patterns and patent and smush them all together in a big old hunk of square plastic. And I am not just picking on JUST Glocks, its all the other soulless wanna be black murder guns that just look the same to me. There is an infinite variety of 1911's and high powers and the like, each one often tailored to a persons personal taste in color, contrast and functionality. My cousin just retired from 40 years in the Guard and he was presented with a desert tan bone stock Sig that the army just adopted, it came in a plastic clamshell case. If this had been 50 years ago it would have been an engraved or embellished 1911 and would have been something his grand kids could have told stories about and looked at lovingly and fondled as an historical object. Instead it will just end up in a recycle bin.

Anyway, my thoughts this morning. Buy something quality made mostly of steel.

NGL, I can't get excited about any pistol news from the industry. They are all basically the same thing; browning action, grip mag, upward ejection. . . If you slap enough after-market parts on them (and especially if you get into grip modification) it can be hard to tell them apart. At least long arms have some variety; different locking actions, various methods of feed and ejection, changes to layout, even variety in accessory mounting and sighting options. I feel like I have seen every permutation of what a browning action pistol can be at this point, what else exciting is there?

Dude. I've got short, T-Rex arms. :s0002:
Rifles got you covered there too fam;

1713888968964.jpeg

Short arms are no problem with long arms :s0140:

And here is my contribution (as trite as it may be).

I just posted the grip tape pic in another thread. Glocks are beautiful after a "Greg Kinman" grip tape job.

Glockgrip.jpg

And who can say that the three functioning Glocks below are not "perfection" to behold.

Just sayin'

TWYLALTR

Cheers.

beatup G17.jpg Beatup G19.jpg Beatup G43.jpg

Especially if you never stopped from the night before!

Man were those the days!! 🙄
We had a saying back in college to rebut those pikers that said they "drank all day" when they really started around 3 in the afternoon or some such BS...

"You can't say you drank all day unless you start first thing in the morning!"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads