JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. I've heard tell these are pretty easy to work on, but when I look at that cage affair thing where all the teeny tiny springs and other bits to fly around I don't care to delve into that. I presume though that the retainer pin you're showing is a pretty straight forward job? I am mechanically inclined.
When I put my Tanfoglio TA90 with a case hardened finish on consignment, the gunsmith at the store took it apart to clean it. I had just used a power blast type cleaner on it including the decocker cage. He said that it was so clean that he didn't even try to clean it further. You have to make sure to coat everything with oil afterwards and dry the excess. It takes a while for all of the excess oil to come out. By turning it at different angles it will drain pretty well. I don't do it often, but works real well.

When I put my Tanfoglio TA90 with a case hardened finish on consignment, the gunsmith at the store took it apart to clean it. I had just used a power blast type cleaner on it including the decocker cage. He said that it was so clean that he didn't even try to clean it further. You have to make sure to coat everything with oil afterwards and dry the excess. It takes a while for all of the excess oil to come out. By turning it at different angles it will drain pretty well. I don't do it often, but works real well.

I've given it a shot of Brake Clean, blown it out with the compressor and then oiled and blown it out again.

Hmmm all steel or alloy? As mentioned by many: CZ75 B, and the CZ75 Compact PCR (Alloy) are awesome. For something smaller, the CZ2075 Rami is nice, and so too is the Kahr K9 and Kimber Micro 9 (pretty much any model). I imagine the Kahr MK9 would also be excellent, however I only have an MK40. The MK40 is amazing for it's size.

A surprisingly nice all-steel 9mm pistol is the Star BM currently available as surplus police trade-ins for around $200-240
Star
Star Model BM 9mm Handgun - Plus Grade
Star Model BM SA 9mm Semi-Auto, 4" barrel, 8 Rd Mag, Original Box and Manual - Surplus - Good / Very Good Overall.

You really can't beat it at that price. Get one while you can. When the distributors run out the prices will go up on the secondary market. Make sure to order an extra magazine or two, they come with only one magazine.

I really liked my early IMI Baby Eagle - and would probably still have it if it were NOT the compact model.
I have since handled and shot full size ones and always wish mine had been.
I think the only reason I went with a CZ was my inability to find another Baby Eagle in full size. Actually I remember finding one and not too long after I traded my compact off but seems like I had other interests at the time.

Last Edited:
Has to be my CZ75 Compact.
Its the all steel variant, of which a few hundred came in a couple years back.
Now, it;s fully Cajunized:
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hverovhe.com%2FSP01.jpg

I've had many CZs over the years (75/85/P07/etc) but the one I searched for, the CZ 75D PCR, finally fell into my hands a few months ago. Then I was packing it up to go to the range, was clearing it, and had a negligent discharge that put a round straight through my left ankle, bone and all, three weeks ago tomorrow. I still haven't made up with it for it letting me do something so terribly stupid, but, that said, I'm not divorcing it, just going through a trial separation. Unlike my ex-wife's behaviors, this was not the pistol's fault, so divorce is off the table. If you want an all-steel gun, though, the CZ-75 all steel compact is one I had that never let me down. A little brick of a gun, but an amazing shooter. And easily customizable with Cajun Gun Works parts.

Last Edited:
Yep. I posted about it under General Firearms Discussion a few days after it happened. And I'd just ranted about how happy I was to get the PCR. Like I said, not the gun's fault. I'm out of the woods re infection but have to get the stitches out and go into a full foot and ankle cast starting Tuesday. Maybe a month after that and I can start physical therapy. Do NOT do this to yourself.

A surprisingly nice all-steel 9mm pistol is the Star BM currently available as surplus police trade-ins for around $200-240
Star
Star Model BM 9mm Handgun - Plus Grade
Star Model BM SA 9mm Semi-Auto, 4" barrel, 8 Rd Mag, Original Box and Manual - Surplus - Good / Very Good Overall.

You really can't beat it at that price. Get one while you can. When the distributors run out the prices will go up on the secondary market. Make sure to order an extra magazine or two, they come with only one magazine.

I have one. Best trigger ever. So cheap I'm buying another one just for spare parts.

I've always seen those surplus Star pistols and thought about picking one up.

I probably missed the boat entirely as far as getting one for the less expensive prices, but they seem like great little shooters.

I'm still definitely torn on my choices.

As much as I hate dongles on the side of slides I felt up a Beretta M9A3 the other day at the store. It would compliment my Storm CX4 nicely. I liked the grip and pistol overall. The price however, not so much.

I probably missed the boat entirely as far as getting one for the less expensive prices, but they seem like great little shooters.

Nope. I posted the links earlier. Still available from online distributors for $200-240. I got mine from Ryan Judy Sports He was doing a transfer for me for another online purchase and he had some Star BMs for $200 so I got one.

Last Edited:
Whilst not full size pistols, it looks like Kimber is going to take another crack at striker fired.

upload_2018-11-8_9-48-22.jpeg

Looks nice. May have to feel one up once they come to market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top