JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hah! hey Tac my family is from Norn Iron* so I'll translate for us here in the States :D
"Tac, 6 feet and 185 pounds of solid self-opinion"
dimensions are approximate...

AH but more on topic, neither Pres. Obama OR dingoes eat babies... ZOMBIES DO.

*btw 'Norn Iron' = Northern Ireland

Ah, but I'm an Irish/Canuckian living in near-Metric UK, so my post is still valid.

Best

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

My favorite two bogus statements:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Admiral Yamamoto

Both totally made-up quotes, but they keep getting recycled!

Which means what? Prior to 1776, it would have been a threat to England, seeing as we didn't declare ourselves an independent country until July 4, 1776...

April, 1775 is when the "Shot Heard 'round the World" was let go....although we didn't "declare" ourselves independent yet, the war hard started. The US Army was founded in June, 1775. US Navy Oct 1775...

"My gun RULES, because I can stuff if full of dirt, no lube and shoot 500 flawless rounds out of it, try that with your (fill in the blank)".

First off, how many people have actually DONE this? Or is it just some thing you saw on the internet.
Secondly, since when has the "dirt stuff" test become the true measurement of a firearms quality?

well aside from the rampant comical exaggerations, and the guys that "read it once on the internet somewhere so they are immediately a leading expert on the topic".. The one that bugs me is guys that trash talk every caliber they don't own.
Example: I don't remember the thread but someone saying 9mm bounces off the skin (HAHAHA), and how dominant .45 is in comparison. Dude get a grip, you will probably shiest yourself to death before the bad guy gets a chance to shoot if they pulled out a 9mm or .380 for that matter!

If anything "less" than .45 is irresponsibly non-lethal, then you must be forgetting about .357 mags, 38's, 7.62X25, ect?

I have a difficult time deciding upon what has annoyed me more on the gun boards over the years--Glock fetishism or AR-15 fetishism.

Oh wait I've got it--posters who own both Glocks and AR-15 rifles and won't shut up about either, or even both, as being perfect for everyone and every situation.

I have a difficult time deciding upon what has annoyed me more on the gun boards over the years--Glock fetishism or AR-15 fetishism.

Oh wait I've got it--posters who own both Glocks and AR-15 rifles and won't shut up about either, or even both, as being perfect for everyone and every situation.

You forgot the AK fetishism, I think their fans are a little worse since they supposedly pass "the dirt stuff test", i.e. "I can stuff my AK full of dirt, then fire 500 flawless rounds, try THAT with your AR-15".:s0114:

if you have a 9mm glock sidearm and a quality AR-pattern rifle, you have no unmet needs.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top