JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, they want to outlaw Natural Gas, causing electric rates to go up...brilliant.

The idiocy abounds...I ordered 2 petitions.

If Inslee's smarmy little minion Ferguson gets elected, and we can't kick some of the idiots out of the state house, we are in trouble.

The power grid is this state is already incredibly fragile and at risk.

And where I live out in the woods, I lose power for anywhere from three hours to three days whenever we have any kind of sustained winds (seeming anything over 10 MPH).

PSE has no plans to ever let natural gas lines into my neck of the woods anyway, but the taxes would still be passed on to those of us whose homes don't use natural gas.

No clue what Inslee thinks we're gonna do when the state lets only EVs on the public roads. Are there secret plans to build some nuclear power plants in the state that we don't know about?

Not like solar power is a viable option most of the year in Western Washington.

Thanks for the link, @Alexx1401.

All these supposed climate-saving measures are driving us to the poorhouse.

Let's not forget the carbon tax thing which has caused fuel prices to increase just due to that connection. That one really has more that one purpose. Aside from supposedly addressing the climate change situation. It was a sneaky way for the state to raise a bunch of new money. So far, it's brought in new money to the extent that the creators don't know how to spend it all. They are having to create new causes to divert it to.

But the third and possibly most insidious aspect of the carbon tax is it's the way the Climate Nazis can get everyone out of private vehicles. They want to socialize transportation.

Yes, where is all the electricity to come from that replaces nat. gas? We did get Nuclear Plant 2 out of the Whoops fiasco. But that output has been factored in for a long time.

Cost shifting is likely in the future, as they are doing in California. So many people put solar panels on their roofs that it cut deeply into the private power companies like PG&E and Edison. So the state legislature passed some new laws, now the power companies can bill non-solar generating rate payers for the shortfall through higher rates. This same sort of dynamic may come into play when Wash. has to start buying electric power out of state. Same in the sense that the power provider has to be made whole due to political costs of wholesale power.

Burn natural gas to make steam --> use steam to turn turbine --> turn generator to make electricity ---> push the electricity through the grid into a house --> use electricity to heat house?

I would guess about a 60% efficiency at best vs 90% efficiency to burn the natural gas in the house to make heat.

I can see how banning natural gas might make sense... after the power grid is 100% renewable power. Until then somebody has their head up their butt!

It is absolutely insane that natural gas is now being vilified. Natural gas is the reason the US has been able to reduce emissions as much as they have. We also have a ton of it.

I'm so sick of the leftist idiots and their moronic agenda and policies. :rolleyes:

It is absolutely insane that natural gas is now being vilified. Natural gas is the reason the US has been able to reduce emissions as much as they have. We also have a ton of it.

I'm so sick of the leftist idiots and their moronic agenda and policies. :rolleyes:
This is all about control. Just as with the great hoax you see how easy it is to get a large amount of the population to go along with 💩 like this. As long as the people they voted for tell them this lie they will go along with it knowing full well they are being lied to. If they get what they want we will see the Snake River Damn breached. Then when power rates go WAY up those who asked for this will blame people who had nothing to do with it. If they keep winning we will see rolling blackouts. Again those hurt will blame everyone except the people they asked to do this to them. :s0092:

If they get what they want we will see the Snake River Damn breached.
The move away from hydroelectric power is concerning. While most of us here believe in protecting the environment (and I'm a fisherman), doing away with the most common mode of generating power in the PNW without plans for alternatives is beyond stupid.

https://washingtonstatestandard.com...ell-last-year-to-lowest-level-in-two-decades/

The contrived outcry against fracking -- without educating the population, just exploiting the most extreme negative consequences -- in the country doomed future natural gas production. Wind power is expensive and inefficient in terms of cost-benefit.

We are truly facing down a future energy crisis of epic proportions, but the administration and Congress seem content to argue amongst themselves about bleached blonde hair and fake eyelashes (who else saw the video of AOC vs. MTG this morning? Legendary trailer trash battle!). With the current system in place, it's hard to be hopeful that common sense will ever prevail, and we can achieve a balance between sustainable and efficient energy production.

The move away from hydroelectric power is concerning. While most of us here believe in protecting the environment (and I'm a fisherman), doing away with the most common mode of generating power in the PNW without plans for alternatives is beyond stupid.

https://washingtonstatestandard.com...ell-last-year-to-lowest-level-in-two-decades/

The contrived outcry against fracking -- without educating the population, just exploiting the most extreme negative consequences -- in the country doomed future natural gas production. Wind power is expensive and inefficient in terms of cost-benefit.

We are truly facing down a future energy crisis of epic proportions, but the administration and Congress seem content to argue amongst themselves about bleached blonde hair and fake eyelashes (who else saw the video of AOC vs. MTG this morning? Legendary trailer trash battle!). With the current system in place, it's hard to be hopeful that common sense will ever prevail, and we can achieve a balance between sustainable and efficient energy production.
That was an amazing show. We seem to be lead by the 535 dumbest humans in the US. We truly do get the government we deserve :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top