JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About when this transition happened:
View attachment 1770065
gosneptd3wj91.jpg
Men 1850s

Nobody want to work anymore!!!!

apparently a phrase found scribbled by long dead people at many archaeological sites...
Nobody ever wanted to work. If you examine deposition patterns of artifacts at archaeological sites it becomes pretty clear. All minimal effort. Hunters and gatherers worked maybe 20 hours a week. In the modern era we work more than anyone previous.

Nobody ever wanted to work. If you examine deposition patterns of artifacts at archaeological sites it becomes pretty clear. All minimal effort. Hunters and gatherers worked maybe 20 hours a week. In the modern era we work more than anyone previous.
The Japanese is the logical extreme of "work for a living" and has their own term for such people "salarymen".

Edit. All of the inventions, the Industrial Revolution, the computer development, robotics and automation and now AI... all to make things easier for squishy humans to make a living.

I would have guess it was more efficient work, given the effort of hunting and gathering I cant imagine extra time to do more than needed. I wouldnt guess hunting and gathering to be minimal work.

I would have guess it was more efficient work, given the effort of hunting and gathering I cant imagine extra time to do more than needed. I wouldnt guess hunting and gathering to be minimal work.
Got to find out what's actually edible and what's toxic before developing a whole menu based on "this kills you. This won't. This will kill you. But if you cook it this way, it wont"

Mind blowing! A police report has been released showing journal entries from the Louisville bank shooter. Admittedly an individual with mental health issues and decides that he doesn't like the lack of stricter gun control laws.

His solution? When protests and demonstrations don't work, make an impact! Demonstrate how easy it is to buy a firearm and go murder people.

Now we've got gun controllers resorting to mass murder to push their gun control agenda!!!??

It's going to be interesting to see how the gun control organizations respond to this one. If they dare. Do they condemn it? Empathize with the shooters frustration that drove this poor young victim to do what he did? My bet... crickets!

A similar goal, in another manifesto with thinking his psychotic shortcomings in choosing firearms for premeditated murder. To aid in Firearms control over the public

-
NZ manifesto.jpg
-

Not every driver who causes a fatal accident has a bad driving record. This is a more appropriate comparison.
Sorry, but it's not even remotely close. I spent a career reconstructing fatal collisions (we don't call them accidents because generally they have a preventable cause) and also investigating evil acts. The difference is nearly no fatal collisions are caused by evil. They are caused by negligence, somewhere between ordinary and gross.

We are all guilty of ordinary negligence, typically multiple times per day while driving. Some are guilty of gross negligence, such as driving while impaired on drugs and/or alcohol. Most of us just make common mistakes, judging a light incorrectly, not scanning for hazards sufficiently...something like this because we are human.

There is a WORLD of difference between this and committing mass homicide, clear record or not.

Respectfully.

Sorry, but it's not even remotely close. I spent a career reconstructing fatal collisions (we don't call them accidents because generally they have a preventable cause) and also investigating evil acts. The difference is nearly no fatal collisions are caused by evil. They are caused by negligence, somewhere between ordinary and gross.

We are all guilty of ordinary negligence, typically multiple times per day while driving. Some are guilty of gross negligence, such as driving while impaired on drugs and/or alcohol. Most of us just make common mistakes, judging a light incorrectly, not scanning for hazards sufficiently...something like this because we are human.

There is a WORLD of difference between this and committing mass homicide, clear record or not.

Respectfully.
I call them "Negligents" not accidents. A person with a half functioning brain only need drive around potland for a few hours to see that is what the lions share of vehicle damage and injury on the road are.

"like parent like child"

So, if the kids today are lazy, they were raised by lazy parents, right? And if those parents are lazy, well, their parents must have been lazy and so on and so forth. At some point there had to be a generation of parents that wasn't lazy but did a crappy job raising their children and started the feedback loop...
I was saying quite few years ago that we were going on three generation of children being raised on public assistance. So yes! That is correct, kids have been raised to not have to do anything for their rewards in life. Other than sit on their lazy butts and wait for the Oregon Trail Card to be replenished. The day depending on the last number on their social security card.

Respectfully.
Respectfully, the issue is not whether the act is from evil or negligence, it is that there is pressure to use the power of the State to limit access to a device, that if misused, can cause serious injury or death. It matters not the intent, only that the State would inflict restrictions on free people despite the futility of the action.

Humans are inherently lazy. We are now about 2 generations deep into kids raised by parents glued to gaming and social media instead of taking the kids out for a walk or bball or helping them with their homework or even just family time at the dinner table.
My great grandparents had a farm, my grandparents had 2 houses (1 rental and the other they lived in) and my parents had a house. So much for generations doing better than their parents.

I work in corporate manufacturing. A lot of stress out there but how much is fabricated? People take on positions they don't really want, for more money and prestige, then get stressed and stroked out. Or blame some group at gunpoint.

Last time I was at my great grandparents farm in Kansas as an 8 yo, Sandford & Son was first run episodes and if I got bit by a water moccasin, it would be my fault because...boy, I told you to look out for them (the farm had a lake/pond).

I can't picture my great grandfather getting over stressed by staring at a computer screen for $100k. Growing crops and dodging snakes for a possible, unguaranteed profit is way more stressful and no one was thinking about getting shot.

Respectfully, the issue is not whether the act is from evil or negligence, it is that there is pressure to use the power of the State to limit access to a device, that if misused, can cause serious injury or death. It matters not the intent, only that the State would inflict restrictions on free people despite the futility of the action.
I see your point. I just look at separating intentional actions (evil ones specifically) from simple negligence. Very good humans still cause crashes while driving...because they are human. These same people are not the ones committing mass murder. It is neither the car nor the gun's fault.

@Caveman Jim

"I've got to log out to find out who these gun haters on this gun forum are that I have on ignore. :D"

How in the world did you come up with the idea that I am a gun hater from what I posted? :confused:

Lets' recap, shall we: The first thing I said was that the anti gun folks aren't going see this as anything other than an occurrence supporting their cause. Didn't say I agreed with them on gun control issues (I don't) and I also didn't say that this actually was supporting their cause (also no)

The second and also third things I posted where that this thread had become a dumpster fire of "No True Scotsman" one-upmanship and the only ones that benefited from our side (that being the PRO gun side) tearing ourselves apart where the ANTI gun folks

And a question to both you as well as everyone else that embraces the silly ignore feature like @Lilhigbee What's the point of having someone on ignore if your only going log out and read their post anyway? Is it just so you can trash talk them and pretend that they can't also log out and read what you say? :s0114:

I can and do :s0093:

@Caveman Jim

"I've got to log out to find out who these gun haters on this gun forum are that I have on ignore. :D"

How in the world did you come up with the idea that I am a gun hater from what I posted? :confused:

Lets' recap, shall we: The first thing I said was that the anti gun folks aren't going see this as anything other than an occurrence supporting their cause. Didn't say I agreed with them on gun control issues (I don't) and I also didn't say that this actually was supporting their cause (also no)

The second and also third things I posted where that this thread had become a dumpster fire of "No True Scotsman" one-upmanship and the only ones that benefited from our side (that being the PRO gun side) tearing ourselves apart where the ANTI gun folks

And a question to both you as well as everyone else that embraces the silly ignore feature like @Lilhigbee What's the point of having someone on ignore if your only going log out and read their post anyway? Is it just so you can trash talk them and pretend that they can't also log out and read what you say? :s0114:

I can and do :s0093:
The ignore feature separates the men from the boys. lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top