JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a police officer or firefighter. They get paid to hang it all out. Regular military get paid to hang it all out.
By the way Medal of Honor recipents normaly get the medal glued to there coffins.

I'm still trying to figure this one out, a cop or firefighter can't be a hero because they are getting paid? Isn't anyone who is eligible for a Medal of Honor ALSO getting paid? Not meaning to belittle the service and sacrifice of Medal of Honor recipients, but I suspect the friends and families of the police and firemen who died on 9/11 would take great exception to the statement "Not a police officer or firefighter. They get paid to hang it all out"

That doesn't necessarily make you a sissy. It's called "pick your battles."

True but announcing it in a post does, its like saying "my wife says i can't own guns any more so i am selling it cause i am a sissy boy"

Besides it makes the seller look like a sissy boy and make the wife look like she keeps his balls put up where he can't reach them.

What is one ridiculous thing you see people say all the time in gun forums that just gives you a giggle.

It makes me laugh when people say like +1000. Unless there are 999 friends there with you then it doesnt make sense.

I also cant stand when people use the term "operator". If youre a member of DEVGRU, cool, otherwise you sound like a douche bag.

Sabertooth, your crow-eating apology is accepted. I did like one part of your hero comments: A hero is someone who does something extraordinary.

A lot of people are paid for their jobs, including cops, firemen, and soldiers(sailors, marines, air folks, and coasties), Reserve, Guard and Regular.

No one is being paid to give up their lives willingly or otherwise. A person who holds any of the job types above has not volunteered to die or be a hero.

I was an 11B, and a helicopter pilot in Vietnam, and my DD-214 has a continuation sheet.

I was not a hero, but I am a Veteran and a combat Veteran as well. Even in places where there are no campaign medals.

Anytime you have any problem with VFW or Legion letting you in, give me a call and I'll be happy to drop in and assist in the "hostile entry".

And we should have pride and respect for all folks who are in any of the categories above.

Thanks for your service, Sabertooth!

Now, lets get back to guns!
Rick

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but yeah, she's hot. Stupid, annoying, and hot. No question that if McCain had won that she would have been THE HOTTEST VP to date. Yuk yuk yuk.

sarah-palin-winking.jpg northamericanhunter.jpg

M-16 bullet tumbles. Even my boys got cought up in that one, and they know better. Got them straight now.
Will that ever die?
Stoner design is great! Well, well I hope so for the sake of our troops.

ahhhhh Sarah Palin.....thanks bkb0000 .........photoshopped or not, doesn't matter......I just went from carbine to rifle sitting here at my desk.

M-16 bullet tumbles. Even my boys got cought up in that one, and they know better. Got them straight now.
Will that ever die?

it's not exactly a myth that m16 bullets tumble. it's just an over-simplification.

all spitzer bullets have significantly heavier rear ends than noses. rifled spin keeps the nose in front of the butt during aerial flight.. for loadings like the 5.56, generally between 250,000 and 300,000 rpm, IIRC... once the bullet impacts flesh, friction immediately destabilizes spin, and with some loads, causes the heavier butt end of the spitzer bullet to swing forward of the nose. it seems to be that this usually results in a large J-shaped wound, where the bullet "yaws" in the flesh. ideally, the load also fragments while yawing- jacket separating from the core and fragmenting further still. all of this can be lessened or exaggerated, depending on what the round strikes inside the body- different parts of the body have different densities. whatever the case... yaw, frag, or tumble.. this creates a significantly larger temporary cavity, as the load splashes into fluid-like flesh, as well as a nastier permanent cavity... either way, it creates a larger, bloodier wound than a round which sails through clean.

it's extremely variable-dependent. sometimes they tumble, sometimes they yaw, sometimes they fragment, sometimes they do all three.. and every once in a while they even just zip through cleanly and exit through a hole not much larger than the entry.

Will that ever die?

As a Marine at the rifle range, one duty was to "pull butts", (mark the inpact on the targets). (do they still do this?) anyway.. At 500 meters, I would see and hear several "tumbling" rounds strike the target, the SMACK sound they made was unique. Not so many "tumblers" at lesser meter targets.

Semper Fi

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads