JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Changing out just the striker spring will affect feel of the trigger pull a little. It can also lead to the trigger not resetting correctly. Probably not, but if it does, you'll want to go back to the original trigger spring too. But remember you did some polishing in there, so it's never going to be as bad as it was. I've never liked Herter's either. It seems to me it's about on par with Wolf only it burns a little cleaner.

If you expect you might ever to use the gun for self-defense, it would be a good idea to run a few rounds of whatever SD ammo you have through it.
I have a lot of Blazer, Magtech and Federal. All 3 of these are flawless on any of my handgun. The one that I really like is the Blazer 124 grain. It sounds like a Cannon and very accurate too. I just dont wanna waste it. I was looking at the 9mm ammo's I set aside in boxes. A bunch of 147 grain, ammo GR hollow point, Remington HTP, Speer Gold Dot G2. O just couldn't afford to fire it in a common practice. Its just too expensive.

I have a lot of Blazer, Magtech and Federal. All 3 of these are flawless on any of my handgun. The one that I really like is the Blazer 124 grain. It sounds like a Cannon and very accurate too. I just dont wanna waste it. I was looking at the 9mm ammo's I set aside in boxes. A bunch of 147 grain, ammo GR hollow point, Remington HTP, Speer Gold Dot G2. O just couldn't afford to fire it in a common practice. Its just too expensive.
The only time I shoot hollow points is verifying a load in new gun or when I can't get anything else. This seems to happen a lot with revolver cartridges, at least in .38, .357 and .44. I guess ether people reload those a lot because there's not a lot of ball ammo, or there's not a lot of ball ammo because people reload a lot. And if that's the case, maybe people cast their own bullets a lot too, because it's hard to find round nose bullets in those calibers too. Eh, probably some completely different reason. :rolleyes:

Last found post by you. 1000004000.jpg

I'm not familiar with that gun. I see that the MCARBO video is for the G3, not specifically the X video. Their forum seems to be down. I did a quick search and there don't seem to be many repair videos out for the G3X yet. I guess you could email MCARBO help at [email protected].
Going back to the Taurus G3X spring kit. I have a wonderful news and added information. With this new springs you recommended for the the G3X has less effort now and landing exactly when it was before only smoother and less spring tension. I did everything and even tried banging the G3X with a snap cap. No accidental fire too. :s0006:
Now I use the real ammo this time which are the
Blazer FMJ 115 and 124 grain - Prefect!
Winchester FMJ 115 grain - Prefect!
Lawman TMJ 124 grain - Prefect!
ADRENALINE 115 grain FMJ Light Primer strike - 2 out if 15
The Winchester 9mm 115 grain is the one that grouping very close to each other than the blazer 124 grain. I think its because of my lack of experience in shooting, I'm able to handle the 115 grain more. Both of them sounds like a canon especially the Blazer.
I am very happy with the result of the spring conversion!

* I want to add an installation information . Mine is a G3X without the safety switch. I initially got stuck about 10 minutes in assembly of a part called "Rear Support" (4.14 in exploded view) figuring out the right way to install a "Coupler" (see photo) instead of the "Manual Safety Switch" (4.15) The Coupler is a small part that looks like a "2 Spoke Knock Off" that goes "Only One Way" and passing through the left side of the rear support exactly where the the G3C (this time) with the Manual Safety feature does.*
thank you!
H
PS: Now I can do what James Bond does. You hit the guy with the firearms butt and its not gonna backfire! :s0115:

G3X Rear Exploded view.JPG

G3X Rear Left coupler.jpg

Going back to the Taurus G3X spring kit. I have a wonderful news and added information. With this new springs you recommended for the the G3X has less effort now and landing exactly when it was before only smoother and less spring tension. I did everything and even tried banging the G3X with a snap cap. No accidental fire too. :s0006:
Now I use the real ammo this time which are the
Blazer FMJ 115 and 124 grain - Prefect!
Winchester FMJ 115 grain - Prefect!
Lawman TMJ 124 grain - Prefect!
ADRENALINE 115 grain FMJ Light Primer strike - 2 out if 15
The Winchester 9mm 115 grain is the one that grouping very close to each other than the blazer 124 grain. I think its because of my lack of experience in shooting, I'm able to handle the 115 grain more. Both of them sounds like a canon especially the Blazer.
I am very happy with the result of the spring conversion!

* I want to add an installation information . Mine is a G3X without the safety switch. I initially got stuck about 10 minutes in assembly of a part called "Rear Support" (4.14 in exploded view) figuring out the right way to install a "Coupler" (see photo) instead of the "Manual Safety Switch" (4.15) The Coupler is a small part that looks like a "2 Spoke Knock Off" that goes "Only One Way" and passing through the left side of the rear support exactly where the the G3C (this time) with the Manual Safety feature does.*
thank you!
H
PS: Now I can do what James Bond does. You hit the guy with the firearms butt and its not gonna backfire! :s0115:

View attachment 1821830

View attachment 1821831
That's terrific. If you're new to shooting, I'd recommend an NRA Basic Pistol class and then lots of practice. That alone, if you stick to it, will get you well ahead of 90% of shooters out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top