JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mind blowing! A police report has been released showing journal entries from the Louisville bank shooter. Admittedly an individual with mental health issues and decides that he doesn't like the lack of stricter gun control laws.

His solution? When protests and demonstrations don't work, make an impact! Demonstrate how easy it is to buy a firearm and go murder people.

Now we've got gun controllers resorting to mass murder to push their gun control agenda!!!??

It's going to be interesting to see how the gun control organizations respond to this one. If they dare. Do they condemn it? Empathize with the shooters frustration that drove this poor young victim to do what he did? My bet... crickets!

I don't understand why you think this has a downside for them that they would care about
You mean... that the guy has left them with really no other option but to acknowledging that there is a predominate mental health issue in play in these situations... contrary to their rhetoric that it's only about the guns?

Or how the fact that a gun control extremist resorted to mass murder in support of their agenda might give their cause a bit of a black eye and may have a slight chilling affect among some of their supporters?

Or how his actions can't be directly linked to their favorite "go to'" motivators? Like transgender persecution, gun mfg advertising, etc.

Needless to mention that in trying to make a statement to forward gun control he simply proved that none of the proposed gun control measures they are pushing would have prevented, himself a motivated individual intent on doing harm, from doing what he did. The exact opposite of what he intended.

If I were a gun control zealot my greatest fear would be that others within their ranks would take what he did as a call to similar action. By their nature... zealots often have a herd type mentality and "by any means necessary" mindset that would scare me that what he did might spur copycat murders.

Look at mass shootings as a whole. They were never a "thing" until the ball started rolling and others decided they want their moment of infamy, too.

When one riots and burns... they all wanna riot and burn. :D

Having a mass murderer linked directly to your cause is never a good look, but maybe there is an upside for them that you're seeing that I'm not(?) 🤔

I dont really think its actually that easy to buy a gun but I digress, this isnt something that has a downside to the gun controllers.
Pretty easy for me...I just go into a store, say "box 'er up" fill out the standard form and give them money... It's like a 5 minute process. I'm not sure what the difficult part is supposed to be

Not complaining, I like that it's easy to buy guns.

Pretty easy for me...I just go into a store, say "box 'er up" fill out the standard form and give them money... It's like a 5 minute process. I'm not sure what the difficult part is supposed to be

Not complaining, I like that it's easy to buy guns.
and you sign a form thats a felony to lie on and go thru a background check thats supposed to weed out people like the louisville bank shooter.

But I digress.... if like you, you dont have a criminal or mental record its easy.

So should the alternative be to make it hard?

and you sign a form thats a felony to lie on and go thru a background check thats supposed to weed out people like the louisville bank shooter.

But I digress.... if like you, you dont have a criminal or mental record its easy.

So should the alternative be to make it hard?
I'm still not sure what's hard about scribbling my name and swearing I didn't lie? It's easy to buy a gun. And I like it that way.

Maybe if you're a career bubblegumhead it's a little less easy, though I'd also imagine if you're a career bubblegumhead you know a guy who knows a guy who will sell you a gun out of his trunk so it still isn't hard to do, just illegal.

Maybe if you're a career bubblegumhead it's a little less easy, though I'd also imagine if you're a career bubblegumhead you know a guy who knows a guy who will sell you a gun out of his trunk so it still isn't hard to do, just illegal.
this is why its not really that easy to buy a gun.
the crux of the problem is the bubblegumheads that dont have any record.

To me, you seem like a troll. What would do YOU think is a proper amount of infringement?
He's not at all a troll. He's simply pointing out that buying a firearm is easy legally or illegally.

If you are law abiding with no reason to be denied, it's easy. As it should be.
If you are a criminal and prohibited person, it's not easy to buy a gun legally... as it should be... but if you're a criminal it's easy to buy a firearm illegally... and a criminal would have no compunction not to do so. No gun control law can stop that.

I didn't read anywhere in there him saying it "should" be more difficult for a law abiding person to buy a firearm.

Seems there are many that have committed crimes, sometimes a string of them, that are somehow not in the system at all!

Seems there are many that have committed crimes, sometimes a string of them, that are somehow not in the system at all!
Yup. You only end up in the system when you get caught. 👍

When you hear about bad actors with multiple arrests and convictions, you have to remember... those where just the crimes they got arrested and convicted of but may represent only a fraction of the crimes they've actually committed. Maybe even just the lesser crimes... and even with a conviction for something, that doesn't mean that's the full extent of what they actually did. Plea bargaining to lesser crimes is so commonplace that you can't really get a good picture of just how evil some people really are.

You mean... that the guy has left them with really no other option but to acknowledging that there is a predominate mental health issue in play in these situations... contrary to their rhetoric that it's only about the guns?
Who thinks it is just about guns? No one that I know of. No one is going to argue that guns made someone commit horrible acts, but lots will argue guns are an enabler, and seek to remove that enabler. No one is arguing that so called mass shooters are not mentally ill, criminals, whatever else.

Not gonna change minds by infantilizing the opposing viewpoint into absurdity. It will come back and bite your posterior. And mine.

To me, you seem like a troll. What do YOU think is a proper amount of infringement?
Easy there newbie. I will agree that buying a gun today isn't as easy as it used to be when no background check was required. But the 1911 I bought just last week I ordered and paid for on line and when it got to my FFL I filled out the form passed the background check, paid the fee and was done in 5 minutes. It sure seemed pretty easy to me. To be clear I don't like the laws they are trying to enact now and do think they are an enfrengment so donate to those that are fighting them.

the root core of the subject problem is a murderer without a criminal record can buy a gun as easy as a law abiding citizen can.
And the gun controllers are using that to claim its too easy to buy a gun when thats not entirely true.

The "recordless" bad guy is the kingpin to the problem.

The "recordless" bad guy is the kingpin to the problem.
But how many of these so-called "Record-less" bad guys should have had a record that would come up in a background check? Seems every time the news reports some shooting tragedy, it's two days +/- later the violent/warped brain of that shooter is revealed. REAL quite like in just a short sentence or two. Like the shooter in Lewiston Maine? Damnit! WHERE IS the talk of making sure that people that shouldn't own guns get in the bubbleguming data base!!?? Democrats are useless!

But how many of these so-called "Record-less" bad guys should have had a record that would come up in a background check? Seems every time the news reports some shooting tragedy, it's two days +/- later the violent/warped brain of that shooter is revealed. REAL quite like in just a short sentence or two. Like the shooter in Lewiston Maine? Damnit! WHERE IS the talk of making sure that people that shouldn't own guns get in the bubbleguming data base!!?? Democrats are useless!
Theres plenty of talk about this, its where we get red flag laws from.

And not all bad guys have criminal or mental health -records-, so what would you do about preventing someone like that from getting a gun... so easily?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top