JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a difficult time deciding upon what has annoyed me more on the gun boards over the years--Glock fetishism or AR-15 fetishism.

Oh wait I've got it--posters who own both Glocks and AR-15 rifles and won't shut up about either, or even both, as being perfect for everyone and every situation.

I am now imagining a Glock with a mako scope mount with an AR carry handle clamped down on it.
Or some way to mount the Glock under the barrel of an AR. :D

Also to stay on topic, use of LNIB, when there is an unknown round count and perhaps a small scratch, and some other parts have been changed.
This next part all hypothetical, with no one in particular in mind.
"Really I am more likely to buy something, if it was said that you shoot the snot out of it on a weekly basis, and while not cosmetically pretty, it still runs like a champ, and the only reason you are selling it is to buy a new foil hats for you and your 4 miniature pinchers."

Last Edited:
Good rule of thumb if they talk about nam they were not there.

Lotta wannabes around. Yes the M-16 will burn out the barrel pretty fast on full auto. Not the tumbling bullet thing again. :(
No you cannot take your weapon home with you. Well, legally any how.
Yes I am a Vet. And yes I will talk about my tour of duty to a point If I like you and you are being serious.
By the way for the younger bunch. A Veteran is someone who was in a bullet shooting war or area. That means you shoot them or they shoot you. Just being in the military does not make you a Vet.
Hero. Someone who has done something extrodinary. Medal of Honor stuff.
Not a police officer or firefighter. They get paid to hang it all out. Regular military get paid to hang it all out.
By the way Medal of Honor recipents normaly get the medal glued to there coffins.

Lotta wannabes around. Yes the M-16 will burn out the barrel pretty fast on full auto. Not the tumbling bullet thing again. :(
Yes I am a Vet. And yes I will talk about my tour of duty to a point If I like you and you are being serious.
By the way for the younger bunch. A Veteran is someone who was in a bullet shooting war or area. That means you shoot them or they shoot you. Just being in the military does not make you a Vet.
Not a police officer or firefighter. They get paid to hang it all out. Regular military get paid to hang it all out.
By the way Medal of Honor recipents normaly get the medal glued to there coffins.

i'll call bullbubblegum on that. i'm not a combat veteran, but i AM a disabled veteran, and my missing body parts, 5 operations, and decade in and out of the VAMC will prove it.

you can say a word means anything you want, but if it doesn't line up with the rest of reality, you're probably not a member.

This is the second most absurd statement I have ever read on a gun forum, the first hasn't been written yet and it's author is already dead.

Absurd statement in a thread about absurd statements.

Prime example. I have been in the Army national guard for 3 years, 11B. I spent 1 year in Afghanistan, had my fare share of combat, CIB and all. So under your definition, I am a veteran.

My best friend's father just retired after serving almost 30 years in the Army, 20+ active duty, the remainder as a Reservist, retired as a Lt. Col. Never deployed overseas, spent his whole career in Signals Intelligence, locked away in Pentagon basements and the like. And by your definition, he is not a veteran?

You got some issues man.

not the best way to choice of words or the best choice of web site to make a statement like that.

i'll call bullbubblegum on that. i'm not a combat veteran, but i AM a disabled veteran, and my missing body parts, 5 operations, and decade in and out of the VAMC will prove it.

you can say a word means anything you want, but if it doesn't line up with the rest of reality, you're probably not a member.

OK OK, I looked Veteran up in my Dictionary. I'll take my crow roasted, lightly salt and peppered. Now I feel like a dirt bag.
When I returned from Nam the local VFW chapter told me flat out I was not a Vet. and thu me out. Had my DD 214 with me. Viet Nam was not a war.
Suprised me.
If you want to see my DD214 I'll meet you half way. I live in Grants Pas.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top