JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soy products contain high amounts of phytoestrogens.[6][7] As they are structurally similar to estradiol (the major female sex hormone) and have activity at the estrogen receptor,[8] concerns have been raised that it may act as an endocrine disruptor that adversely affects health.[7] While there is some evidence that phytoestrogens may affect male fertility, "further investigation is needed before a firm conclusion can be drawn".[9] Several review studies have not found any effect of phytoestrogens on sperm quality[5] or reproductive hormone levels.[4][9]

Now this, explains A LOT!

Maybe. :s0131:

Food products and ingredients in the US differ than some other parts of the world. Post Covid, I personally can taste and attest to eating some chain restaurant fast food, the down grade in quality. It costs twice as much and sends you straight to the "can".

I was cooking a frozen seafood dinner from Costco and added in some fresh shrimp. When cooked, the fresh shrimp shrunk and changed shape. The packaged shrimp remained as it looked pre-cooked.

Some enthic groups in the US will fair better than others, based in part by their cooking habits. I cooked much healthier when my daughter was home, but part convenience and part additives allowed in our foods, we are losing in mental and physical health.

Get with the times Brother, they are called crashes nowadays. :s0143: :s0140: :s0143: :s0140:
Oh MAN. You picked one! Those mugs on the radio, and TV for all I know? Use that term. They are "Wrecks". Crashes, that's what happened to our savings/retirement funds. Those people ain't got poo for grammar.

Soy products contain high amounts of phytoestrogens.[6][7] As they are structurally similar to estradiol (the major female sex hormone) and have activity at the estrogen receptor,[8] concerns have been raised that it may act as an endocrine disruptor that adversely affects health.[7] While there is some evidence that phytoestrogens may affect male fertility, "further investigation is needed before a firm conclusion can be drawn".[9] Several review studies have not found any effect of phytoestrogens on sperm quality[5] or reproductive hormone levels.[4][9]

Now this, explains A LOT!

Maybe. :s0131:
You missed this part, the part that isn't about 'soy products' but the term that @GrayGoose used which was 'soy boys'
---------------------------

Soy boy is a pejorative term sometimes used in online communities to describe men perceived to be lacking masculine characteristics. The term bears many similarities and has been compared to the slang terms cuck (derived from cuckold), nu-male and low-T ("low testosterone") – terms sometimes used as an insult for male femininity by online communities.[1][2][3]

The term is based on the presence of the phytoestrogen isoflavone in soybeans, which has led some to claim that soy products feminize men who consume them, although there is no correlation between consumption of soy phytoestrogens and testosterone or estrogen levels[4] or sperm quality.
[5]
------------------------------

So as I read it @GrayGoose is saying that all (most, some?) of the folks he has on ignore qualify in his opinion as what that says above. In your opinion does that sort of characterization align with the code of conduct we all agreed to when we joined NWFA?

You missed this part, the part that isn't about 'soy products' but the term that @GrayGoose used which was 'soy boys'
---------------------------

Soy boy is a pejorative term sometimes used in online communities to describe men perceived to be lacking masculine characteristics. The term bears many similarities and has been compared to the slang terms cuck (derived from cuckold), nu-male and low-T ("low testosterone") – terms sometimes used as an insult for male femininity by online communities.[1][2][3]

The term is based on the presence of the phytoestrogen isoflavone in soybeans, which has led some to claim that soy products feminize men who consume them, although there is no correlation between consumption of soy phytoestrogens and testosterone or estrogen levels[4] or sperm quality.
[5]
------------------------------

So as I read it @GrayGoose is saying that all (most, some?) of the folks he has on ignore qualify in his opinion as what that says above. In your opinion does that sort of characterization align with the code of conduct we all agreed to when we joined NWFA?
Let it ride. Haha

Let it ride. Haha
If he wasn't hiding behind the ignore feature program bug ;) I probably would, but sometimes I have to ask . . .
AmiTheOnlyOneRules.jpg

But thanks for reminding me about this! :D

In your opinion does that sort of characterization align with the code of conduct we all agreed to when we joined NWFA?
My opinion is no more important that anyone else's. I am not the forum police. Unless someone is threatening direct harm toward someone, their direct kin or someone's property. It seems people can offended at almost everything these days. What are ya' gonna do?*

*Rhetorical question

I get that forums have rules because they kinda have to but I'm also in the camp of "if you don't like it scroll on." And I try to adhere to those rules same as I don't act a fool in another man's house.

But literally nothing anyone says to me on a social media site offends or bothers me in the slightest. Life is too short...

I like to imagine what is said in these GIF conversations...
200.gif
I think the red shirt guy, through artistic interpretive dance, is trying to share his beliefs and opinions with passing strangers.
Did he accuse the policeman of choking out his uplifting creativity?

I could be wrong... he might have been trying to encourage the others to take part in a flash-mob Macarena.

:s0053:

Last Edited:
I like to imagine what is said in these GIF conversations...
View attachment 1770830
I think the red shirt guy, through artistic interpretive dance, is trying to share his beliefs and opinions with passing strangers.
Did he accuse the policeman of choking out his uplifting creativity?

I could be wrong... he might have been trying to encourage the other to take part in a flash-mob Macarena.

:s0053:
I think he deserved a throat punch for getting that close. But that's just me having the caveman mentality that I have. Are you threatening me? Thump! :p

I get that forums have rules because they kinda have to but I'm also in the camp of "if you don't like it scroll on." And I try to adhere to those rules same as I don't act a fool in another man's house.

But literally nothing anyone says to me on a social media site offends or bothers me in the slightest. Life is too short...
Except "Okay, Boomer". But that might be because I grew up in an era before the little puke Gen-Whatever's came along.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top