JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40A023B3-1B2D-424B-9862-9C0A94CB8727.jpeg

The most common guns used on Portland's streets are 9mm semiautomatic handguns – popular because they're inexpensive and can fit in a pocket or waistband without detection.
But LEVO tells me "assault weapons" are the problem?
That demonstrates that "a relatively small number of violent individuals commit an oversized amount of gun violence, with crime guns that are used repeatedly," Friedman said.
But we'll punish the law abiding firearm owners nonetheless.
Investigators believe people have become emboldened to tote guns more freely or ride with them in cars because they're not afraid of being stopped by Portland police, who as of June no longer pull over cars for many low-level traffic infractions in an effort to reduce disproportionate stops of people of color.
Another "progressive" policy success. 👍

LOL, they call guns "hand thangs".

Hardy is a mirror reflection of the voters that elected her; in terms of intelligence, values, standards, code of conduct and perspective on how to solve problems. Same voters elected our great leaders in Oregon and many of our cities.

There must not be any shootings today, so like I said before, the Oregonian runs an old "guns are bad" story.
They just don't report them I think. Reporting of shootings seems pretty random to me. Usually we have 7-20 shootings per night now. Before the riots it was 10-14ish per week. It seems to me that cold and rain reduces number of shootings but just an impression, not data-based or anything.

Fwiw I'm seeing 9 shootings reported on police blotter in last 24 hours. Also some shootings are labelled "disturbance - priority" and those are not included (also it's possible that some shootings are not reported at all) so actual number is likely higher.
9E62015F-8128-42CA-854A-B103F5942C6B.jpeg
A699B463-686F-49FB-8E5A-5C191F3FD43E.jpeg
C2B2AFF8-DCB6-411D-A75E-7289E509B20B.jpeg

ABEF4DE6-8CEB-4204-BE05-372C368F238F.jpeg

520E7D64-F5A1-4EC0-8FCF-E7E2B5018374.jpeg
9C4EE171-AA68-4FF1-9B6B-DBA8475DB37E.jpeg
A409086F-9EF3-4336-AF4D-8D79B5BCD445.jpeg
F881AC72-DE8D-4C99-9109-696F35EFBD66.jpeg 7B3D3CFD-3E23-4040-89DD-133CC24A6179.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nearly all of these shootings have been with firearms that won't be restricted when IP 18 passes into law. LEVO claims that their IP will help reduce these shootings. In reality it will only ban the majority of our semiauto rifles and do little to nothing to ban pistols which is the firearm of choice in street shootings.

mboldened to tote guns more freely or ride with them in cars because they're not afraid of being stopped by Portland police, who as of June no longer pull over cars for many low-level traffic infractions in an effort to reduce disproportionate stops of people of color.
Another "progressive" policy success.

I'm going to get some goodness out of the above situation. My old work truck which gets maybe 300 miles a year put on it is going to remain unlicensed until I sell it for scrap sometime in the coming months. It was last licensed two years ago January. I never bothered to put the tags on it. Always had them with me, just never stuck 'em on the plates. The state, county, city, whoever, decided to raise the price by $78.00. I don't have to worry now that their not pulling people over for expired tags! They'll be losing the tag fee and the $35.00 for a bridge that I don't use now.
They can suck my--tail-pipe!

Another "progressive" policy success.

I'm going to get some goodness out of the above situation. My old work truck which gets maybe 300 miles a year put on it is going to remain unlicensed until I sell it for scrap sometime in the coming months. It was last licensed two years ago January. I never bothered to put the tags on it. Always had them with me, just never stuck 'em on the plates. The state, county, city, whoever, decided to raise the price by $78.00. I don't have to worry now that their not pulling people over for expired tags! They'll be losing the tag fee and the $35.00 for a bridge that I don't use now.
They can suck my--tail-pipe!
Now THAT will get their attention if it becomes a "more common" theme. One thing about morons who come up with this kind of stuff they will NOT tolerate is when their source of income starts to become effected. Look at how far they are often willing to go when people thumb their nose at some tax? They talk all these great idea's until it starts to effect revenue.

Now THAT will get their attention if it becomes a "more common" theme. One thing about morons who come up with this kind of stuff they will NOT tolerate is when their source of income starts to become effected. Look at how far they are often willing to go when people thumb their nose at some tax? They talk all these great idea's until it starts to effect revenue.
To note, I have three vehicles. I pay insurance religiously on all three. I also have a boat that is licensed and insured. If you drive around potland on a regular basis and look around, you'll see there are hundreds of cars that have expired tags, have no front plate, has NO PLATES AT ALL!.....Broken windows, missing parts such as fenders and headlights completely. Mufflers? Heck no. I know because at least a couple times a week some non-working miscreant roars down our street in the middle of the night with a vehicle that doesn't just have a bad muffler, he has to have just a "Pipe" about three feet long coming from the manifold!

Well see how it turns out. I won't have anymore use for my old beater within the next 6-9 months so I don't care to pay their inflated price for licensing. I actually thought about grinding the serial # off of it and dropping it off with the key in it up on 33rd drive! It has a fairly fresh battery and a new water pump a year ago. I might get to see it around the hood from time to time! :s0140:

To note, I have three vehicles. I pay insurance religiously on all three. I also have a boat that is licensed and insured. If you drive around potland on a regular basis and look around, you'll see there are hundreds of cars that have expired tags, have no front plate, has NO PLATES AT ALL!.....Broken windows, missing parts such as fenders and headlights completely. Mufflers? Heck no. I know because at least a couple times a week some non-working miscreant roars down our street in the middle of the night with a vehicle that doesn't just have a bad muffler, he has to have just a "Pipe" about three feet long coming from the manifold!

Well see how it turns out. I won't have anymore use for my old beater within the next 6-9 months so I don't care to pay their inflated price for licensing. I actually thought about grinding the serial # off of it and dropping it off with the key in it up on 33rd drive! It has a fairly fresh battery and a new water pump a year ago. I might get to see it around the hood from time to time! :s0140:
Yep just give it some time. Soon more "like you" will start to say why should I bother and like you will stop. When they see the revenue take a real hit? All of a sudden they will start "enforcement" efforts. When they do they will not come after the "Methmobiles" as I call them. They do not have any money. They WILL start to go after the people who go to work and pay. I work hand in hand with LEO's here. Its REAL hard to get taken to jail here now if you have no job. They do not want you. If I tried to pull even half the crap I see them pull? I would be calling home for bail in seconds. Jail would take me because I would pay. Meanwhile my insurance just went up a couple C notes. Wife and I have stellar records and no claims. Problem is we have insurance. So we have to pay for the hordes who do not bother to insure their methmobile's. Hey this is what we keep voting for so we keep taking it up the butt. :s0118:

Yep just give it some time. Soon more "like you" will start to say why should I bother and like you will stop.
What's more like me? You mean people that are fed up with this city? That have been paying their fair share for close to 40 years, even though it keeps going up and up? With less and less services rendered? You have no right what so ever to judge me because I'm going to say to hell with them for 3-6 months. They have already been getting MORE than their fair share from me because I've been paying everything nice and legal for three vehicles for close to 30 years. A chunk of it on a bridge that I don't use, three times every other year. Yet when I had my plate stolen from this same truck I had to pay a ticket that the thief got when he parked legally using the plate he stole of my truck, even though I had proof in wasn't my truck.

I don't what going to jail has to do with anything? They put people in jail according to how much money they have? Sounds pretty messed up. Well, it is potland, so I guess not much would surprise me anymore.

All I'm doing is picking one little thing, and saying screw you potland. And you want to make me sound like the bad guy. What ever twists your nipples I guess.

What's more like me? You mean people that are fed up with this city? That have been paying their fair share for close to 40 years, even though it keeps going up and up? With less and less services rendered? You have no right what so ever to judge me because I'm going to say to hell with them for 3-6 months. They have already been getting MORE than their fair share from me because I've been paying everything nice and legal for three vehicles for close to 30 years. A chunk of it on a bridge that I don't use, three times every other year. Yet when I had my plate stolen from this same truck I had to pay a ticket that the thief got when he parked legally using the plate he stole of my truck, even though I had proof in wasn't my truck.

I don't what going to jail has to do with anything? They put people in jail according to how much money they have? Sounds pretty messed up. Well, it is potland, so I guess not much would surprise me anymore.

All I'm doing is picking one little thing, and saying screw you potland. And you want to make me sound like the bad guy. What ever twists your nipples I guess.
I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. I DO NOT fault you in any way to have finally had a belly full. What I am saying is a LOT of the people who pay will also get to the point they will just shrug and stop paying. When enough of those who pay stop, then the people missing out on money will start "enforcement" efforts. They will come up with some cute name for it but it will come down to they want their money. They will again go after people like you who work. The non productive have nothing and do not care so they will be pretty much left alone. I would say enjoy a little "free time" since you have been paying for the free loaders for a long time. Just know that those who need your tax money will eventually come for it when they start to see too many not paying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top