JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's more like me? You mean people that are fed up with this city? That have been paying their fair share for close to 40 years, even though it keeps going up and up? With less and less services rendered? You have no right what so ever to judge me because I'm going to say to hell with them for 3-6 months. They have already been getting MORE than their fair share from me because I've been paying everything nice and legal for three vehicles for close to 30 years. A chunk of it on a bridge that I don't use, three times every other year. Yet when I had my plate stolen from this same truck I had to pay a ticket that the thief got when he parked legally using the plate he stole of my truck, even though I had proof in wasn't my truck.

I don't what going to jail has to do with anything? They put people in jail according to how much money they have? Sounds pretty messed up. Well, it is potland, so I guess not much would surprise me anymore.

All I'm doing is picking one little thing, and saying screw you potland. And you want to make me sound like the bad guy. What ever twists your nipples I guess.
In total agreement Mikej. But realize- If you are of a particular demographic, eventually, you WILL get pulled over, and you WILL get fined. But I have a feeling you understand that already.

In total agreement Mikej. But realize- If you are of a particular demographic, eventually, you WILL get pulled over, and you WILL get fined. But I have a feeling you understand that already.
Yep, they can spout this "woke" we are no longer going to make stops for things like tags and sound so sincere. At some point if enough people just say screw buying new tabs, it will change fast. They would come up with some excuse about children for why they 'just had" to start enforcing it again but, they will come for their money. You poke the bear in the wallet and they will get down right nasty and fast. They would make a few examples and make sure the news covered it hoping most would just go back to paying. Mean while they would of course continue to ignore the scum since they have no money.

Another "progressive" policy success.

I'm going to get some goodness out of the above situation. My old work truck which gets maybe 300 miles a year put on it is going to remain unlicensed until I sell it for scrap sometime in the coming months. It was last licensed two years ago January. I never bothered to put the tags on it. Always had them with me, just never stuck 'em on the plates. The state, county, city, whoever, decided to raise the price by $78.00. I don't have to worry now that their not pulling people over for expired tags! They'll be losing the tag fee and the $35.00 for a bridge that I don't use now.
They can suck my--tail-pipe!
That's pretty much how I feel about my other rig that doesn't get driven but once or twice a year.

I got a letter a few weeks ago stating that "grace period" for expired tags is ending this month.
Either go spend almost $300 for tags, sell the rig or get a fine, doesn't say how much the fine is.
I have had rigs in the past where the tags expired and it just sat in the field broken down and never got a letter wanting it to be registered.

Fed money must be running out and they don't have any way to generate revenue.

I'm not surprised that the shooting have increased in Little Oakland. Nothing will change until you get rid of the liberals, and the Soros funded D.A.

The Oregonian running cover for Portland's adult entertainment industry again. Entering the address in google maps shows a strip club, not just a bar.
Not to mention the millions of dollars spent on that section of Foster rd squeezing two lanes out and adding bicycle lanes, fancy pedestrian curbs, busses now stop and block traffic completely when they pick-up/drop-off riders. Lower the speed to 25. Might be 20 for all know. All in the name of safety. Doesn't seem very safe to me! But at least they did add 100 or more apartments down in that area, with little or no off street parking. o_O

Not to mention the millions of dollars spent on that section of Foster rd squeezing two lanes out and adding bicycle lanes, fancy pedestrian curbs, busses now stop and block traffic completely when they pick-up/drop-off riders. Lower the speed to 25. Might be 20 for all know. All in the name of safety. Doesn't seem very safe to me! But at least they did add 100 or more apartments down in that area, with little or no off street parking. o_O
The worst part of all that, fire/rescue having to navigate that morass, it's bad enough for us mere mortals imagine having an emergency and it taking several extra min. for the EMS to arrive! Back when I was a kid, my parents and neighbors all joined in sueing the city to block them from installing speed bumps in residential streets, it was proved by the local fire depts. that it took extra time, up to a couple of min. to reach a call! 30 years later the city says hold our roach stub, watch this, and have not only installed curbs but all this other bullsh!t!

Several months ago took dad for a drive through potland on the way home after his appointment we went through the old neighborhoods around that area, and then out Division St. It was very depressing, it's all over grown with condos and traffic control crap, narrowed down lanes and special rules I still haven't figured out! That whole area was always known as felony flats, but now, it's much much worse. and I feel sorry for folks how live there!

The worst part of all that, fire/rescue having to navigate that morass, it's bad enough for us mere mortals imagine having an emergency and it taking several extra min. for the EMS to arrive! Back when I was a kid, my parents and neighbors all joined in sueing the city to block them from installing speed bumps in residential streets, it was proved by the local fire depts. that it took extra time, up to a couple of min. to reach a call! 30 years later the city says hold our roach stub, watch this, and have not only installed curbs but all this other bullsh!t!

Several months ago took dad for a drive through potland on the way home after his appointment we went through the old neighborhoods around that area, and then out Division St. It was very depressing, it's all over grown with condos and traffic control crap, narrowed down lanes and special rules I still haven't figured out! That whole area was always known as felony flats, but now, it's much much worse. and I feel sorry for folks how live there!
Yep. But somehow no matter how much you slow traffic a pedestrian stepping in front of a moving car is likely to be maimed or killed. To bad there isn't a way to stop people from stepping in front of moving vehicles.

Getting rid of moving vehicles is their game plan. Only busses, bikes or boots for the peons.
That's been the plan for greater Potland all along, get rid of all the cars and trucks, only buss's and delivery rigs, bikes, scooters and skateboards!
Then, they will have specific terms like Zero Carbon electrics only, no gas/diesel for anything inside the city limits! They are also pushing for road tolls, as if our DMV fee's were not enough, or the fuel taxes we already pay, no, we gotta get more money, so it's tolls now too!

Meanwhile, there is no place to park as it is, and I doubt there will be any effort to add parking, even for all those visiting to park their cars, so, then what?
Seems kinda stooooooopid, but then, has Potland ever done anything that wasn't stoooooooopid, NOPE!

When Vera Katz was in the Ore House she introduced a bill to prohibit Private Ownership of Personal Vehicles......

Do ya 'spose there might be a "Connect the Dots" lurking inside there!!! ?

The Oregonian running cover for Portland's adult entertainment industry again. Entering the address in google maps shows a strip club, not just a bar.
FYI that shooting is in the same area (near mt scott park) where they put up traffic cones due to so many shootings.

In that kgw article posted above about traffic barrels, the lady who is a proponent of traffic barrels said "she hasn't seen any shootings at all" What?!!!! There are 2-3 shootings per week there clearly shown on nextdoor all the time. For example today there was that killing at the bar in the article above and also this one at around 5:30 pm today. These are all on that same spot near my scot park. How can she say she hasn't seen any when they are on nextdoor several times per week in that location? I mean there were 2 shootings there today alone, sheesh I guess they just ignore any facts and make up whatever story fits their narrative.
66559EE0-9EE4-4405-B58F-6AF9D3C4DBBF.jpeg

907F00BA-76D4-4FBC-AA4F-581B972807F6.jpeg
Edit: I tried to find that traffic barrel article and I think I may be confusing this thread with another thread cuz I don't see it. Anyway here it is again FYI:
BA36A6F1-D21F-41B2-BC09-13D4032BE6F9.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top