JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 12 gauge pump is simply an example. I was curious how folks here typically field such a question from antis. Like, "why can't you defend yourself with (x) vs a so-called assault weapon."

The response was…. Something different….

"ridiculous" and "fallacy" point right back at themselves.
Ive been asked that many times by antis. Although they typically choose something like grandpas revolver.
In this context my answer would have been different than I gave you if I had known..., why should the good guy have limitations?
Their question is a presupposition fallacy that does not define what "adequately protect" even means and sets you up to agree with them, I call that out immediately as manipulative. If you pull grandpas 32 revolver on a bad buy with an AK and he runs away youve "adequately" defended yourself regardless of how lucky you got, he just didnt want to risk getting shot its that simple but that does not in any way justify the disparity in resistance. In no way is that a metric to judge the respons of a different bad guy. Theres plenty of evidence of home invasions with multiple bad guys and multiple guns including "high capacity" weapons that limiting the good guy is complete tyranny, I typically start accusing them of creating crime victims to force their prohibition agenda. Typically people who put up that kind of argument cant be reasoned with anyways since they are intentionally manipulating the topic. I call them out and move on.

Firstly, "shall not" is only a fraction of the whole amendment. Secondly, if it was so clear, this argument wouldn't exist. Thirdly, confirmation bias.

You are proving the point by interpreting the words of others how you want to instead of understanding what they actually mean.
It is the thesis, ie the operative clause. And I am interpreting nothing: I know the meaning of every word in the 2A already - including "shall not" - as do most people of reasonable intelligence as language is nothing but a common set of sounds and shapes understood by all who have learned it. Pretending such a plainly-stated phrase could have alternate meanings is not an "interpretation," rather it is obfuscation. I can "interpret" that a dog is a cat, but our common understanding factually concludes it is actually a dog. 🤷‍♂️

789D5990-0534-4E3F-BEC3-14E59230CC8C.jpeg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they cannot adequately protect their home/family with a 12 gauge pump under any realistic, reasonably foreseeable defensive situation.
Against an AI-powered robot made of steel? LOL, your Biden-Gun BBs will bounce off the robot as it rips your arms off for fun.

Also, if a gang of thugs comes to my house with a handful of semi-auto "assault" rifles, I want equal firepower. AKA A "fair fight." 🤷‍♂️

Why would you think I was talking about you...?
If I wanted to talk to you or reference you...I would do so...like I am now , by either quoting you or using the @ symbol.
Andy
It just seemed like the typical "pile on" kind of situation where the hint of a different point of view draws all kinds of negative commentary. It's a consistent feature of gun boards, including this one. Of course your response was typically nicer than many of the others, but, whatevs.

It just seemed like the typical "pile on" kind of situation where the hint of a different point of view draws all kinds of negative commentary. It's a consistent feature of gun boards, including this one. Of course your response was typically nicer than many of the others, but, whatevs.
Rest assured....I have no wish to insult anyone by accident ...If I do , It will be on purpose and you will know it.
Andy

Also, if a gang of thugs comes to my house with a handful of semi-auto "assault" rifles, I want equal firepower. AKA A "fair fight."
I don't want a "fair fight". I want to outgun them so hard that any of the survivors will tell their thug friends to never try this specific house again.

Edit. If it's a bunch of thugs, it's already not a fair fight.

I don't want a "fair fight". I want to outgun them so hard that any of the survivors will tell their thug friends to never try this specific house again.

Edit. If it's a bunch of thugs, it's already not a fair fight.
Then a 12-ga. pump agaisnt a gang of thugs doesn't even come close...

When the law-abiding voluntarily surrender their scary black rifles to remain law-abiding, the thugs have already won.

I wouldn't mind my old M21 back....Uncle Sam said I couldn't take it with me however... :D
For more of a bad breath , get outta my face kinda deal...our CAR-15's and M4's were pretty nice....
As were the Winchester Model 12's and Mossberg 590A1's we had.
Andy

antis reminding us that the 2A was never meant for us to possess them.
In order to remind, something must be learned. Just because it was said, reinterpreted, denied, taken out of context, doesn't make it so.
I disagree with: "the 2A was never meant for us to possess them"

As I believe, it was written by those, seriously concerned for our safety and future, having had first hand experience of people abusing power, and government gone wrong.
They knew without constant oversight, power eventually subverts, and when the time comes, we are thrown to the lions, the second amendment would ensure we have a sporting chance to maintain our liberty and prevent subjugation.

I kinda doubt it...I have seen what a .50 caliber round ball will do to steel plates and gongs..
Not saying that a muzzle loading rifle of .50 caliber would be my first choice for use against a AI bot....:D

Oh and for future reference .50 caliber would be uncommon and on the small size for a musket.
Most muskets were in the .67 - .80 caliber range.....:)

More to the point of the OP.....
"...the right of people to keep and bear Arms , shall not be infringed ."

This bit of the 2nd Amendment is very important for what it says...and what it doesn't say.

As in it doesn't say :
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms , but only Arms of certain types and for specific uses , shall not be infringed."

The 2nd Amendment does say "Arms"...followed with no exclusions or exceptions...
Which would mean that there is no limit to be placed on just what Arms that one can keep or bear.

However , that is only my reading of the 2nd Amendment.
Which is sadly , different that how many if not most of our so-called representatives read it.
Andy
In short…. It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top