JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had read about these over time, and I seem to recall that they improved - so when I was tempted to spend $15 on one when CDNN had them on sale (because Glock does not make extended mags for the 21), I did.

That was a waste of $15

Total crap - almost every round failed to feed, or every other round.

I can't say it was Korean because there is no brand name or source country on it, but I suspect it is as that is the Asian country that makes some aftermarket Glock mags. I have not heard of others from Asia.

Agreed. I too took a chance because the 9mm once I got a long time ago were Korean and they worked really well. The 45 must just be too heavy for the crap springs they put in the mags.

The 13rnd ones aren't too bad

This is probably a better bet:

This is probably a better bet:
I used genuine Glock mags plus this extension on my AR-45 after the korean mags failed

If you don't wanna mess up your OEM mags and just wanna have fun at the range, sure….. get you some cheap mags and they will help you with malfunction drills etc. For SHTF/defense use, I would never use anything but factory OEM.

$15 is a cheap lesson my dude lol vote with your worthless federal reserve notes and don't buy the crap.

Cut a half coil off. Repeat until it works or you don't have a spring left.
The problem was always a FTF of the next round - it looked like the angle was wrong or something (I should post a pic), but I have nothing to lose but time/effort and a spring.

ETA: forgot to mention one thing I noticed; all my G21 mags "rattle" when shaken - i.e., at least some of the rounds in the mag are "loose". IIRC this is common with Glock mags. The "Asian" mag does not rattle and the rounds are tight "as a drum".

Last Edited:
I got burned several years ago on cheap Korean Glock 9mm mags. After I discovered how bad they were, I tried replacing the followers, springs and baseplates with Glock brand parts, but they still sucked. I think I gave them to someone who claimed he could fix them and never heard back from him.

I have some of those big stick .45 mags and they don't work on a Glock, they don't work on an AR45 but they do work on my Ruger LC45 carbine. Pretty fun with a suppressor.

CDNN? That was your first clue, they're the "liquidation store" of the gun world. Some good stuff but lots of crap.
I was aware of the risks of "Asian" mags, but for $15 I thought it might be worth a try. Later I might trim the spring (or try the spring from a 33rd Glock factory mag). Otherwise I might try the Kriss mag/etc.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top