JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They kept threatening to punch each other. "Dude, I don't care if your do it, just don't threaten or do it here".
Yikes....
With behavior like that...I usually ask :
And...just how does that fall under our school rules...?
Or...
Well now...how is that helping you get what you want...?
Or...
Wait , let me get your parent's phone number...so you can tell 'em what you are about to do....
Andy

Yikes....
With behavior like that...I usually ask :
And...just how does that fall under our school rules...?
Or...
Well now...how is that helping you get what you want...?
Or...
Wait , let me get your parent's phone number...so you can tell 'em what you are about to do....
Andy
Meh, we were always punching each other in the shoulder at that age.

Yep....and truth be told...I often "overlook" things like that at times....
Since it could just what the kid needs to have happen.....
Andy
It definitely wasn't anger, they were just all over the place. They're friends otherwise. It was also the first after school robotics, when it had previously been balls early before school.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they cannot adequately protect their home/family with a 12 gauge pump under any realistic, reasonably foreseeable defensive situation.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they cannot adequately protect their home/family with a 12 gauge pump under any realistic, reasonably foreseeable defensive situation.
Maybe they don't want to. :rolleyes:

You could insert any type of weapon in place of "12 gauge pump" in your statement. That's what makes your statement so ridiculous.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why they cannot adequately protect their home/family with a MP5, or a PS90, or a M249, or or or...

Home defense is extremely situational.
As in what works well for someone in one situation...may not work so well for someone else in a different situation.

At one time my home defense gun was a Colt 1860 Army replica.
It was the largest bore handgun that I owned at that time...I shot well with it...I also understood it and my limitations with it.
Would I suggest that as a home defense gun for someone...not hardly.
I am saying that for me , a fella with lots of experience with cap and ball revolvers , it made sense at that time and situation.

A 12 gauge pump action shotgun makes for a fine home defense gun....for many different situations.
Which is one reason why it is a popular and good choice.

However....
it ain't the only choice.
A light weight carbine may work just as well...or a pistol caliber carbine....or a handgun ....

Again...your situation as in what works for you , not what works for somebody else...
Should play a large role in what you decide to use to defend your life , home and family.
Andy

Slugs can cause too much unintended destruction and shot can be too indiscriminate in dense to moderately dense suburban settings, for a starter. Also, the recoil is not very well conducive to a quick follow up shot.

I'm OK with a pistol, but I'm far better with a rifle, especially against multiple assailants. When my life is on the line I go with what works best for me.

I answered your question, now tell us all about why you get to decide what is and isn't adequate/acceptable for self or home defense?

Aaaand, Joe Biden has entered the chat.

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews