JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, it should be limited to what they had at the time of the Constitution, @Andy54Hawken with his war guns and balls have entered the room.

Wait a minute...
Well now...
I do have a 1763 dated cut down Brown Bess Musket...it still gets shot from time to time...it uses a .715 round ball weighing in at around 550 grains.
I imagine that would get someone's attention if used for home defense.... :D
Andy

Well now...
I do have a 1763 dated cut down Brown Bess Musket...it still gets shot from time to time...it uses a .715 round ball weighing in at around 550 grains.
I imagine that would get someone's attention if used for home defense.... :D
Andy
The ironic thing that that at the time of the Constitution, the muskets used were weapons of war :s0001:

I never understood all these cut and dry or one way only types....
That's kinda absolute....wait....
Could it be.....
Sith...
Well now isn't that special... :D
Andy
( Just trying to lighten the mood here.... How sithy of me... :D )

Everybody thought Palpatine was a great guy, too, until he started closing threads on the intergalactic blaster forums.
The Empire pressured the IB forum to censure dissent until some young rich privileged entrepreneur named Luke bought the forum out for the fun of it for a few billion space coins and the Empires followers are melting fast. Censorship is a universal problem...

Your .50 musket ball will bounce off an AI bot while it laughs and rips your arms off for fun. 🤷‍♂️
A century ago was 1923. WW1 ended in 1918, and was fought with entirely doable firearms- some of which are still in service somewhere- .50 cal Ma Deuce, Browning BAR, 1911 .45acp, Mosin 7.62x54 rifle, Maxim 7.62x54 machine gun, Lee-Enfield #1MKIII, the Thompson smg.. and the list continues... perhaps not the most modern but still eminently serviceable and in use somewhere in the world today. NO ONE was using .50 cal muskets!

in most situations you can, but what does that have to do with 12ga pumps?
The 12 gauge pump is simply an example. I was curious how folks here typically field such a question from antis. Like, "why can't you defend yourself with (x) vs a so-called assault weapon."

The response was…. Something different….

"ridiculous" and "fallacy" point right back at themselves.

I never understood all these cut and dry or one way only types....
That's kinda absolute....wait....
Could it be.....
Sith...
Well now isn't that special... :D
Andy
( Just trying to lighten the mood here.... How sithy of me... :D )
Seems like the cut and dry absolutism isn't coming from me. It is coming from folks who view any different opinion - which did not even really exist in my question - as a sign of ridiculousness. Which is incredibly sad, and one of the reasons we will keep losing legal battles.

A century ago was 1923. WW1 ended in 1918, and was fought with entirely doable firearms- some of which are still in service somewhere- .50 cal Ma Deuce, Browning BAR, 1911 .45acp, Mosin 7.62x54 rifle, Maxim 7.62x54 machine gun, Lee-Enfield #1MKIII, the Thompson smg.. and the list continues... perhaps not the most modern but still eminently serviceable and in use somewhere in the world today. NO ONE was using .50 cal muskets!
Yep. Already been through that with another user. 🤷‍♂️

Seems like the cut and dry absolutism isn't coming from me. It is coming from folks who view any different opinion - which did not even really exist in my question - as a sign of ridiculousness. Which is incredibly sad, and one of the reasons we will keep losing legal battles.
Why would you think I was talking about you...?
If I wanted to talk to you or reference you...I would do so...like I am now , by either quoting you or using the @ symbol.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads